It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:41 pm 

Hello everyone! My name is Nauntilus, and I have been a MYST fan for 11 years, and I just recently got my website up and running. The biggest reason I put this website together is because I am going to be doing some coding on Open Source URU when it comes out and I want to have a way to get my ages out to other fans, as well as find other developers who want to join my team. Here is the link:

http://www.dniworlds.com

I hope that you all enjoy your visit and be sure to join in on the forum!

www.dniworlds.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:44 am 

Naunt, some of ur links should IMO point to the game websites. Your Myst Online link for instance should link back here to the mystonline.com site (it will make people confused as to the name of the game and which site is the official site for OSMOUL. You have the only reference to this site under a "links" section that for the most part, new explorers will most likely not look under. I just hope that each of your pages under your links will first and foremost have a link to the official site for the game its about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
I appreciate your enthusiasm, Nauntilus, and the site looks great, but it seems a bit redundant to me as most of what you have to offer there is already being done elsewhere.

If you want a way to get your ages out to others, perhaps the Guild of Writers would be a good route.

If you want to find developers for your team, try looking at the OpenUru.org site.

There are also several hubs for information, including Rel.to (Six Degrees to D'ni) - a comprehensive directory of Myst-Uru site links, and the Guild of Archivists.

Perhaps your site has something unique to offer that I've overlooked? In any case, I think you'll fare better if you check these sites to see what they have to offer and find a way to integrate your work with that of the community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:04 am 

Ok, I see what you are saying, I haven't had the time to check all of that stuff yet, thanks for the tip! 8)

www.dniworlds.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:42 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
I appreciate your enthusiasm, Nauntilus, and the site looks great, but it seems a bit redundant to me as most of what you have to offer there is already being done elsewhere.

If you want a way to get your ages out to others, perhaps the Guild of Writers would be a good route.

If you want to find developers for your team, try looking at the OpenUru.org site.

There are also several hubs for information, including Rel.to (Six Degrees to D'ni) - a comprehensive directory of Myst-Uru site links, and the Guild of Archivists.

Perhaps your site has something unique to offer that I've overlooked? In any case, I think you'll fare better if you check these sites to see what they have to offer and find a way to integrate your work with that of the community.

On the other hand please feel free to continue in your own space as you see fit, many times I see the Uru community posting things such as this and I think it does put people off.

If you are interested in sites that have been mentioned please by all means visit the forums and sites, they are a great resource, however please be aware of the political mine field at each of these locations.

In the past there have been instances where people have had great talent crushed by those that think they knew better!

D'eux and the age Eh'ko seem to come to mind here, the politics took place at the Guild of writers, but has since been removed.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15463

Uru is a great place to come visit, but sometimes you have to watch where you stand, and this gets tiresome when people start swinging their ego and "veteran" status around.

Be careful out there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm 

I really appreciate that Dark, I have been a MYST fan for a long time, and it seems that every forum that I have posted on there has been that kind of response, but I have always wanted a place of my own that I can build to be the way I think a Myst website was meant to be. I am going to build some of the most miraculous ages anyone has ever seen, and that is why I have started the website like I did, because I want others to do the same. Don't get me wrong, I love all of the other Myst websites, I have a list of my favorites, or at least the ones I know of on my site, but I wanted one of my own. I hope that my response makes sense... 8)

www.dniworlds.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 am 
Obduction Backer

It looks so pretty! That took a lot of work.

Thank you for sharing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:30 am 

Yeah, I working on getting the rest of the website put together, but it is a little slow because I have some pretty demanding classes this semester.

www.dniworlds.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:50 pm 

Nice site design, I like it! It's a good layout that seems nice and easy to navigate. Two thumbs up from me! Good luck with it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:08 am 
Obduction Backer

IT looks very nice, Nauntilus. Please don't let anyone discourage you from doing anything on the grounds that it has "already been done" because there are always new ways to do things and new communities to be formed. But I think what Tai'lahr meant was that traffic to your site might not meet your expectations because there are already so many websites among which we are scattered.

I'm extremely bummed to learn that D'eux is no longer working on his project. His work was the best I've seen. This is a great disappointment.

:)

Last edited by Kerryth on Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]