It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: I fell asleep .......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:17 am 

Whilst camping out in this line waiting for "tickets" back into the Cavern, I fell asleep.
When I awoke there was no surprise.
The booth still closed, the promoters still making preparations, no further word from the keepers of the Cavern doors.
The crowd in line still talking about how great the Cavern will be once again and how they think they have the idea that will keep it from closing ever again.
A chilling thought started at my spine and crept coldly into the back of my brain.

EVER ?

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:13 am 

I keep asking the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:07 am 

I thought this was going to be a topic about Metal Gear.

Have patience for gains!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:46 am 

There's nothing stopping URU from being an obscure outdated backwater set of servers 20, 30, 50 years from now... some people still host MUDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:05 am 

Eh, why wait 20, 30, 50 years for Uru to be a obscure backwater set of servers..........

Uru was that years before it came to GameTap. :lol:

I am hoping people will be able to do better this time around, I will apply all the elbow grease I have if it means my graphics card keens in agony again when I load up a age. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:54 pm 

It's not spring yet ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
It's not spring yet ;)

Stupid groundhog, screwing things up for everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:06 pm 

Funny, this is exactly why I came back by.... To see if there was finally a DATE or something. *sigh*
I went from waiting and replaying offline Uru, to learning about other MMOs from my kids, to playing lots of fun free MMORPGs to finally starting an account in Everquest 2. :P I keep checking back here though... Every now and then...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 pm 

Soon! :)

"We Build Worlds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:43 pm 

Sensei wrote:
There's nothing stopping URU from being an obscure outdated backwater set of servers 20, 30, 50 years from now...

This is the most exciting thought EVER!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Obsolescence is the new innovation. And teal is the new black. And monkeys are the new ponies. Just ask my 5-year-old. "Daddy, can I have a Tuft-eared Marmoset, Daddy, can I have a Tuft-eared Marmoset, Daddy can I have a Tuft-eared Marmoset." ALL DAY LONG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 am 

are we now waiting for Uru to be obsolete so it will be cool and then it will be popular?????

within the part of my brain that dreams constantly, i walk among rusted stone walls and steam driven islands itching for the discovery of clues that open the shades of the windows in Tetsonot. Allowing me to drive the pod into it's native under surface cave where a semi tropic age holds yet more buttons and switches which raise a temple from the ground. inside the temple behind a door, opened with a bewildering code, lays peacefully a book filled with riddling answers ...but to what?...

yet in reality , i go back to the coal fired power plant each day and build more scaffold. all the time waiting for time to pass. dreading that i myself may be obsolete by the time we again hear word of the latest delay.

mmmm.. yummy

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:01 pm 

I am thread-jumping to see where I could, perhaps, put in a word or two. But, on whole, there isn't much going on around here, is there? Guessing, whining, yawning.

You all know when they said the bus would be here, but still you're anxious and depressed a month or two early. Can't you play cards or something? lol.

There must be a portfolio of screenshots or sketches of some new Ages some mad Professor Frankenstein of URU is putting together, huh? I don't want to download tons of beta files, but flipping through a book, choosing the color scheme, drapes, and furniture for the new open space in which we'll live would be cool. Better than cards or sitting around a bus station sniffing your own fumes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:19 am 

MixLinx wrote:
You all know when they said the bus would be here, but still you're anxious and depressed a month or two early. Can't you play cards or something? lol.

Yes, let's keep going with the Uru card game designs, I was looking forward to some more to foresee the past of the site. Ooooohhhhhh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:04 pm 

Myst Online: Uru Acid!

Continuing the Metal Gear and now card game themes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]