It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Whilyam wrote:
the second area in Ahnonay had a horrible texture issue

That's a good example. It is a rather serious glitch. It was fine in Uru: ABM so I assumed it was a code problem, not a texture problem, and so under our control when the source is released. The DRC notes said the water was "toxic," and that is at about water level maybe, so whatever was going on may have affected display of that texture below water level. Just a theory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

What age glitch?

I've never noticed one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:04 pm 

I like the way people just lashed out at this guy because he said he would move on to another MO.

Perhaps explaining that he could move to another MO and come back later on would have been a better option?

Good example of long time players attacking the new players because they feel they have no right to be asking questions or voicing an opinion.

What has happened to this community?

Its become bitter and twisted for some reason?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:48 pm 

I didn't attack him (or saw anyone else attack him, though I didn't go through all posts). Actually, I did just the opposite. I'll try to clear my self: If you feel like you are not interested in uru anymore, feel free to leave. We don't force anyone to stay here.

Hope that sounds better. Or should I only say "okay"? everything is an attack these days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 pm 

DarK wrote:
I like the way people just lashed out at this guy because he said he would move on to another MO.

Perhaps explaining that he could move to another MO and come back later on would have been a better option?

You mean like this:
Kenguin wrote:
There's no reason to wait around here if you don't want to. It's perfectly fine to come back once things get moving.

Or this:
mszv wrote:
What this tells me is that those of us who stick around will have to make sure to tell other people when MMO Uru is ready to play. I think it's perfectly understandable that people will leave, perhaps only check the forums occasionally, but I think they will come back.

DarK wrote:
Good example of long time players attacking the new players because they feel they have no right to be asking questions or voicing an opinion.

What has happened to this community?

Its become bitter and twisted for some reason?

I think you might be twisting the sentiment of some of the posts (not intentionally). I think this might be another classic forum misunderstanding caused by the lack of seeing each other and being unable to"read" emotion/intent. I think people are just trying to say, "It's ok to leave; we'll be here if you decide to come back."

KI# 00140468

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 am 

Jim is a member of Eder Devokan and the GoMa hood in There. I know he is also active in SL (my coffee pot in the Sanctuary keeps getting emptied :P ).

He is always asking me if there is any news of Cyan or Uru. He really is a big fan of them, and eager to get back in the cavern.

Don't worry, Jim. All of your friends will make sure you know when the cavern is reopened. :)

In the meantime, it's great to enjoy your company in the other worlds where some of us have congregated while we wait for the reopening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:38 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
Whilyam wrote:
the second area in Ahnonay had a horrible texture issue

That's a good example. It is a rather serious glitch. It was fine in Uru: ABM so I assumed it was a code problem, not a texture problem, and so under our control when the source is released. The DRC notes said the water was "toxic," and that is at about water level maybe, so whatever was going on may have affected display of that texture below water level. Just a theory.

While it's possible it's a coding problem, my theory is that it's a problem with how Cyan exported Ahnonay for MOUL. Meaning that it's similar to when a semi-transparent lamp sprite has a glitch in respect to its transparency, i.e. the problem is locked in the prp files.

Also, the DRC said the water was toxic. I take that to mean, OOC, that Cyan was having issues with the swim regions in the first sphere. This issue takes place in the second one (the one with all the melted buildings in the background). There's only mist there, no water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you mean the funny luminance of the mist in Ahnonay, that was a deliberate change. I remember submitting a ticket about it and being told that it was by design. (not entirely sure if I remember that correctly though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:58 am 

D'Lanor wrote:
If you mean the funny luminance of the mist in Ahnonay, that was a deliberate change. I remember submitting a ticket about it and being told that it was by design. (not entirely sure if I remember that correctly though)

Regardless of whether Cyan says/thinks it's by design, it looks like a glitch. Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, I'm refering to the rock, not the mist. The rock below the mist looks like it has no shadowing set to it (or has ambient lighting set at full). It's very abrupt and detracts from the Age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is what I meant. And yes, it looks horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:37 pm 

Frankly, I hope that they take their time working on a good open-source release. I've seen a hastily-done release (Windows Vista, anyone?) and, trust me, it's WAAAY easier on the developers (as well as the users' nerves) if they take the time and get things right.

Be patient. If you MUST have something to do right away, why not write an idea or story for the shards?

If you have to fulfill your MMORPG hunger, I suggest you bookmark this site, play something free like maplestory, or trickster, and check in after a month or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:04 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

D'raekmus wrote:
Be patient. If you MUST have something to do right away, why not write an idea or story for the shards?

Anyone with an idea to develop and in need of free project space on the web (website on a subdomain, wiki, forums, ftp, email, etc), can contact me on the forums at OpenURU.org.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2