It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:43 am 

Xastabus wrote:
Against the argument that Relto is hidden and unvisitable, Relto can be shared with others.

I don't see where anybody was arguing that, and many of us have played some version of Uru online so we know how it works. There was a call for making characters able to "hide" in some part of Relto when the player left the game so that Relto "feels larger," which is just adding complexity for no benefit, and an unsolvable mystery with no payoff, in my view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 pm 

Sorry. I think I got mixed up by skimming to catch up on this topic. My bad.

Edit:
On the arguments surrounding Relto, copying Relto, etc... It has been expressly forbidden for anyone to Write with Yeesha's abilities. Check out the Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation thread for details.

According to these guidlines it would be acceptable to create a new home within the cavern as long as it meets the conditions of the writing guide. Among these conditions, the residence must be isolated from the rest of the cavern and only accessable via Nexus or static linking book placed within another age. This means you cannot write a Relto like book or alter the Relto book to go to your cavern residence.

Within the limitations of the Writing Guide, it could be possible for explorers to "find" isolated residences as described above. Theroetically, the URU client could be altered to start an explorer in a D'ni home under the assumption the explorer doesn't like Relto and would link to Nexus and then "home" every time they return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:35 pm 

I always personally liked my relto, but hated linking there. Being a klutz who had a tendency to fall off things, like cliffs, didn't help either. If they could make it so I didn't have to fall off things to solve puzzles, I would like that.

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject: My Relto
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:40 am 

I like my Relto. 8) Got all my pillars collected and then all my stone donuts. :lol: All my Yeesha page improvements. :D
But, Uh where did my bed go? :? Like uh, where do I sleep when I'm at my Relto? No napping allowed? Seems like I should have another room. Or was Relto to be more of a private island storage place for yeesha stuff only?
Hey, could I get some lawn chairs to set out on the dock. I still don't get the fireplace outside under the window. Won't I get smoke into my hut from it when the wind shifts? I kept hoping my amoire would someday pivot open somehow and reveals a doorway behind it with some stairs leading down into another room below or a lift to the bottom of my island platue. Of course my favorite fantasy is to get a floating air boat to go Mist sailing abouts in, say go visit my friends Relto. Yeesha could even put a secret door behind the waterfalls, somehere, anywhere! Just seems like there should have been more to the place. Maybe with time it will get more. More is better than less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:33 pm 

I always thought the path down the left side of the hut would (eventually) lead to a doorway and staircase in the "back" of the mountain.

Alas, it never did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:32 pm 

As long as I didn't have to climb a narrow winding path, I wouldn't mind another door somewhere in relto. It would save me having to travel to Tomana and sleeping in the bed in the office... :?

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:00 pm 

Public cleft would totally ruin the feeling of the place. Sure, it's realistic, but who cares? not me, if the feeling is damaged.

I thought of the beginning more like that:

You arrive in the regular place. An explorer NPC greets you. He plays the zandi role- if you need help, he is there. He tells you you need to go into the volcano and to d'ni (yes zandi isn't there, and there is no imager message). In the end, he says "oh, and take this. I need to give it to you. It's a book, a very special book. You will find more of these things... but not exactly. This book is... more than the others. You won't see it's powers anywhere else. There you go", he gives you a relto book. Anyway, the cleft is personal. However, the gate behind you is open. Going through it, you see a little cutscene of you running in the desert, and than you arrive in a big town, which is supposed to be the real tadjinar (from myst the book of ti'ana). This place is public- and you can talk with other people and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 pm 

But without the backstory, they would lbe completely confused by the book, which is what the cleft is designed to introduce you to.
I think they should do the cleft, then meet other people.

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:08 pm 

Than... the relto book will have no book to the 'hood. It will simply be there for panic linking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:32 pm 

You would almost have to have a link to the hood....otherwise, how would you get there?

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:09 am 

Through the tunnels. After you arrive once, you get a book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:37 pm 

Niiice...

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:46 pm 

I actually like my Relto. I used to hate it, but now I've slowly grown attached to it. To me, its my special place, my refuge. To me, its beautiful. It's peaceful. And I like how its modeled after Myst Island. If Relto was to be made no longer my refuge, or my home...well things wouldn't just seem right to me. Although I do like the idea of having another home in the 'hood...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:27 pm 

I have always loved the IDEA of Relto. The thought of a place to call my own that is modeled on Myst island is really cool. I must agree that it is a dark, dreary place. I would love to see customizable options that affect the actual world allowing choices of placement and color. I loved the Relto pages and would love to see those return as well.

Perhaps the new versions of the Relto books would be presented by Yeesha who would then help you write the world to your own tastes. It could be a hologram that offers you choices then presents you with the finished book at a later point in time when you've finished a quest.

That which doesn't kill me is gonna regret its failure.

-Silmefea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:51 am 

Good idea silmefea. I don't quite get what you mean by "write the world to your own tastes. It could be a hologram that offers you choices..."

What sorts of choices would this hologram give you?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next