It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:07 pm 

Okay, I don't understand some things. I would be glad for an answer:

Are you suggesting upgrading uru to a new engine, or make an whole new game based on uru?

I personally don't think we should leave a game because of it's engine.

The engine looks great, really really great, but... it looks like one of those "make your very own MMO!" programs... I don't know...

I personally think we should stay with plasma and see where we can take it. At 2001, cyan worlds used the oldest version of plasma... at around 2003, it upgraded, at 2005 it upgraded, and also at 2008 it upgraded for hex island (and it looks very very good, with a little style change it would fit for uru just fine). Who knows where we could take it?

So yeah, I would really love to see a better looking uru, no matter what engine you use. But I still think plasma had a lot to give... but I'm not a developer, so I should probably leave it to you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:11 pm 

Actually its a legit deal nothing to do with those vids.Not sure if I have time for it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 pm 
Site Admin

I'm only posting to clear Colin's name. I just spoke with him and he said that he has never written or been interviewed for an article in a game magazine or the like, let alone say anything disparagingly about the Plasma engine that he has worked on for so many long hours (many of them in the wee hours of the night ;-) ).

Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

This thread is closed because it is an advertisement for a commercial product.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3