It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:00 pm 

I just hate all the ladies hairstyles.... This might seem pretty frivolous, but at some point, once everything is up and running and all is well underway, can we please get some different hairstyles? And also I'd love the option to have pure white hair. Right now clicking "white" gets you really light streaky gray. :(

This is probably a stupid request or maybe others have brought it up elsewhere and I just haven't been paying attention, but while making my new character yesterday I was struck by how most of the hairstyles look the same....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:25 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not the only one that wants better hair... :P

I imagine cleaning up the white hair color won't be that big a deal. It is likely the hair texture that is the problem.

There are threads at GoW, OpenUru.org and Here about adding clothes, hair, etc.

More hair styles and more realistic styles while possible are a bit of problem as increasing the number pushes changes in other things, like the closet (inventory). Imagine 50 outfits, 100 t-shirts, couple of dozen hair styles and a million pairs of shoes. Finding the right shoes before the party is over could be a challenge.

I expect to see a few additions and some changes to the game interface (chat, closet, KI...). But if one is thinking realistic hair as in some other virtual worlds... I doubt it. But, participate in the various forums and ask for what you want. We are not the only ones that want better and more...

GoW Clothes
GoW Uru redefined! Proposal list - add your own thoughts.
Open Source Uru Plans, the GOW perspective

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:03 am 

I believe, stuff like that is pretty easy to add.

Changing the hair color to be more "pure" could also be done- this would be done by changing the black-and white 'normal' that the color you select in the color picker is applied to, to a lighter color.

Of course, it all depends on the priorities of people who specialize in such things- this being the internet, bring on the liberty spikes and female mustaches!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:18 am 

Hair

Intro

She asks me why, I'm just a hairy guy.
I'm hairy noon and night, hair that's a fright.
I'm hairy high and low, don't ask me why, don't know.
It's not for lack of bread, like the Greadful Death.
Darlin'

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair.
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen.
Give me down to there hair, shoulder lenght or longer
Here baby, there, momma, ev'rywhere, daddy, daddy.

hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair.Flow it, show it,long as God can grow it, my hair.

Let it fly in the breeze and get caught in the trees,give a home to the fleas in my hair.
A home for fleas (yeah) a hive for bees (yeah),
a nest for birds, there ain't no words for the beauty, the splendor, the wonder of my:

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it,long as God can grow it, my hair

I want long, straigth, curly, fuzzy, snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty,
oily, greasy, fleecy, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen,
knotted, polka dotted, twisted, beaded, braided,
powered, flowered and confettied, bangled, tangled, spangled and spahettied.

Hair, hair, hair.Flow it, show it,
long as God can grow it, my hair

They'll be ga-ga at the go-go when they see me in my toga,
my toga meade of blond, brilliantined, biblical hair.
My hair like Jesus wore it, Halleluja I adore it, Halleluja Mary loved her son,why don't my mother love me?

Hair, hair, hair
Folw it, show it

Hair, hair, hair
Folw it, show it

HAIR :wink: :lol:

The small stuff is usually easier to define and do then the big stuff, bring on the hair! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 am 

AGREED!!!!!!! Ladies, UNITE! I want:

- less stringy hair
- curly hair
- more short styles
- more long styles
- more styles, period
- dreadlocks
- hair that actually looks brushed
- wetlook
- blowdried look
- highlights
- a cap without a ponytail
- a hat on top of any hairstyle
- two-toned hair
- one-toned hair
- three-toned hair
- multi-toned hair
- green, purple and red rooster hair
- any hair else you can think of

Who is with me? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:26 am 

:shock: Wow, I had no idea that of all things, hair was a problem of the game! :lol: I've haven't laughed so hard in a while. Having said that, it must be tended to. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:38 pm 

Yay! I'm glad you folks see my point! :lol:
I've been playing all kinds of MMOs since Uru's demise and I got kinda spoiled by Perfect World International's character creation tools. Even though I don't really play the game anymore I still love that character creation.

I was hoping to recreate as close as possible this character for Uru:

Of course, in Uru, white looks like streaky gray and every hair cut looks like it's been done with kids safety scissors! :lol:

Like I said, this is kinda frivolous, but oh well.... We ladies do like to look our best anyway... (Or better, in my case! :lol: Trust me, every character is an improvement on this dumpy at-home-mom look!) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think one of the first keys to better hair is possibly extending some of the graphics features from M5 into Uru. The Myst 5 version of the engine handled "draping" very well, makes for some interesting clothes options, too.

VidRoth -- KI#50637

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

bpgisme wrote:
[..] and I got kinda spoiled by Perfect World International's character creation tools. [..]

Hehe, yes, I remember I met you there, Bonnie, some months ago.

I get your point, and, by the way, I'm still there; mostly because of - believe it or not - the highly customizable characters. And the fabulous looking environment. Most players prefer to haste around and level up, but I often just walk around slowly and watch the trees, water, hills, the sky and such, and make tons of photos.
But to come to the point: In URU, we were able to recognize a person by his/her outfit. We all know Thend's red and black look, his cap, and the sunglasses.

In PWI, you recognize a person by his/her face and hairstyle, regardless of the currently preferred "fashion" and clothes color.

Now, I don't want to say I would prefer PWI over URU. Never. URU is uncompareable and was my first love, I just hang around there until OSMOUL begins (with some old URU friends, by the way), but, well, it has something that I always missed in URU - a bit more personalized avatars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

It sounds like you'd love the Character Creator portion of City of Heroes. Everyone's unique in that game.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:25 pm 

tachzusamm wrote:
bpgisme wrote:
[..] and I got kinda spoiled by Perfect World International's character creation tools. [..]

Hehe, yes, I remember I met you there, Bonnie, some months ago.

I get your point, and, by the way, I'm still there; mostly because of - believe it or not - the highly customizable characters. And the fabulous looking environment. Most players prefer to haste around and level up, but I often just walk around slowly and watch the trees, water, hills, the sky and such, and make tons of photos.
But to come to the point: In URU, we were able to recognize a person by his/her outfit. We all know Thend's red and black look, his cap, and the sunglasses.

In PWI, you recognize a person by his/her face and hairstyle, regardless of the currently preferred "fashion" and clothes color....

I remember that! Hello! :lol:

You hit the nail on the head with that line:
Quote:
In PWI, you recognize a person by his/her face and hairstyle, regardless of the currently preferred "fashion" and clothes color.

That is great point. For quite a long time I wore that backpack in Uru so I could be "me" because otherwise I was pretty non-interesting and dull looking (read: forgettable), you know, kind of like I am in real life! Ha! In PWI I had six characters, all very different from each other, two of them were even sisters and I got to make a family resemblance but still make them unique. Of course, PWI gets kind of repetitive and there were things I wanted that it didn't have (like my own house). So, after trying everything, I finally found Everquest II and moved in permanently. But, I have to admit in EQ2 there still aren't many choices for looks if you play as a human... The human character customization in there is pretty similar to Uru, actually.

Darn.. I'd say more but my disabled son is having a tantrum. Ugh. Every time I try to do something... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 am 

I guess it is really all about priorities.

Vidroth made a really excellent point that Uru could use the improved graphics abilities of Myst 5. It doesn't matter if people want apples and oranges if all you have are plums. :lol: Still I am hoping that Cyan did a lot of the graphics software updates and just never had the time or manpower to update the artwork.

Post subject: Publication of URU Ages
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:47 pm 

I was wondering about all the Ages from URU online. Why are theese ages not to be played in URU anymore?
I think of Minkata - Jalak Dador - Eder Tsogal/Eder Delin - Negilahn - Payiferen - Tetsonot.
Is there anybody who can give me an explanation why theese Ages not are to be played.

Shorah all

Lets Shorah - Viking KI#03516721

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:59 pm 

Pulseren wrote:
I was wondering about all the Ages from URU online. Why are theese ages not to be played in URU anymore?
I think of Minkata - Jalak Dador - Eder Tsogal/Eder Delin - Negilahn - Payiferen - Tetsonot.
Is there anybody who can give me an explanation why theese Ages not are to be played.

Shorah all

....ummm No we can't.

AFAIK these ages will be played but we will not be able to change them... and we are not absolutely sure of that. When we see the Content License for Cyan/MOUL ages then we will know.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:14 pm 

MustardJeep wrote:
I guess it is really all about priorities.

Vidroth made a really excellent point that Uru could use the improved graphics abilities of Myst 5. It doesn't matter if people want apples and oranges if all you have are plums. :lol: Still I am hoping that Cyan did a lot of the graphics software updates and just never had the time or manpower to update the artwork.

I'm not sure the Myst 5 version of the engine would work very well multiplayer. It was enhanced to provide a higher resolution single-player experience and all those ultra-poly avatars hanging around would probably let all the blue smoke out of the GPU. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next