It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Even the info you've provided, that Cyan is working hard on the Myst port, is good to hear.

Maybe you're privy to more information than the rest of us since you're testing the port. I was under the impression, though, that (a) the only real word we'd heard from them, some time ago, was that they hoped to have something going on OSMO by spring, and (b) there was no indication given to those of us on the "outside" that the Myst port was receiving 100% attention and OSMO 0% until the port was done.

I'm certainly not demanding a status update from them, nor do I think others here are (with, perhaps, a very few exceptions). But I'm sure we'd all love to hear even a very brief note from them, even if it's just to say, "We're working really hard on the Myst port, so we'll get back to you folks on OSMO by summer."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

While I generally agree with mszv 's interpretation of history, this current anxiety has all the earmarks of a self-imposed crisis. Interpreting "by spring" to mean the first day of what is in fact a three month-long period, and then pummeling Cyan with requests to assuage our fears, is silly. In the past, Cyan's silence has involved a risky, expensive, and ongoing business venture; this time, we're talking about a gift they hope to make to the fan community, which may or may not have any effect on their long run financial viability. As Mystdee has noted, they seem to be busy making money, or at least fulfilling a contract that will make them some money. If OSMO makes an appearance by spring, great. If not, so be it. Make up your own mind what that means for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

My post earlier was kinda just a 'take the edge off' post'....I'm all behind Cyan doing what they have to do to succeed...We, the die hards, are going to be here until this forum dies... (I believe it is Cyan run? Correct me if I'm worng)..And then, and only then, can we bash our heads on the keyboard and have to suck it up that there will be no more.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 pm 

I love URU in the spring, how 'bout youuuuu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:48 pm 

Rudolfson wrote:
I love URU in the spring, how 'bout youuuuu

I'm with youuuuuuuuuu in that one :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm 

Teknobubba wrote:
A poem that was old when my grandmother told it to me...brought up to date...

Spring is sprung,
The grass is riz...
I wonder where the flowers (Uru) is?

Hmm....
Almost as good as

"Hurray.. Hurray... the First of May.... " :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:53 pm 

Well, I hope you know what you are talking about, mystdee. In that case, I'll wait.

Post subject: Spring
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:59 am 

I had felt all along that April was the most likely earliest date for Open Source release ,if all went well. :roll:
Given the economic down turns, early doesn't seem as likely. :shock:
Though I hold out for something by May, if not in April. :D
After May, I will consider getting seriously depressed! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 pm 

Welcome to the doom echo chamber! What do you say, person-who-just-wants-to-know-what's-going-on?

"When will Open Uru be out?"

Well, person-who-has-been-here-a-while?

"Hmm, in my opinion Uru was a doomed commercial product and thus incompatible with the gaming industry's model of success. One moment, let me adjust my monocle. There.. Uru has been a drag on Cyan and this silly team of professional game designers is wasting its time with this silly game. Uru has always had its flaws and I will now repeat them until people agree with me. I saw all this coming. I am ancient, after all."

Yes, helpful-person?

"Cyan said it hoped (keyword "hoped") to give us the code in Spring. They're running with a very small staff and have their attention focused more on getting Myst for the iPhone out (and of course any other projects which they are getting paid to do). Since it's spring now, we can hope Open Uru will come out soon."

Person-who-has-been-here-a-while?

"No! They are doomed! Uru has never been a success, Myst was a fluke, all you think you know is a lie. I've seen the truth! I am the truth! Look! They haven't posted for a while. Clearly this means doom. I have painstakingly gone through every time I can remember Cyan not saying anything and I know they all led to doom. Did I mention Uru has flaws and is a failed commercial product?"

Ah, person-who-uses-their-education-as-a-crutch. What's your opinion?

"I have made a graph of Uru's popularity and polled my group of friends and we all agree that Uru was a commercial failure. I have spent many years studying business and Uru's horrible embarrassing failure (which was complete and total) was all Cyan's fault. They are at fault for Ubisot pulling the plug on the original Uru Live. Ubisoft was clearly a divine prophet and saw Uru for the failure it would become. If it weren't for those lousy Until Uru people, Uru would be dead by now. Ubisoft was all-knowing and all-wise as all publishers are in shunning Uru. Clearly, this means doom."

Person-who-has-been-here-a-while?

"You see? People agree with me that Uru is a failed failure with fail written on its forehead. Only those of you who have deluded yourselves into thinking Uru is an interesting game now believe it can work. Where will you find people to make content? The fans who love the game? I deny their existance, therefore they don't exist! Where is your central organization for managing changes to the code? You don't have one? Impossible! We can't start trying something new now, can we? This is the world of business where no one's gotten ahead by taking risks or trying new things. How can you suggest we not have a central master telling us what to do? And what about the servers? Who will have the money to support these massive expensive servers? People using their old machines in their homes like they did in UU? Impossible! UU was a failure too! It was because I say so and because I found people who were around then who agree with me! We shouldn't even try. Give up! It is doomed, I say. Doomed!"

"Doomed!"

"Doomed!"

etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:48 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
Doomed!"

"Doomed!"

"Doomed!"

Has someone been reading the Mysterium House archives? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:55 pm 

:lol:

Though I've seen extrem hopeful people too.

I'm probably the hopeful person you discribed. I have hope but I don't get them too high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:36 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
"Doomed!"

"Doomed!"

etc.

Alas for the merry fools... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:10 pm 

Spring is Sprung
The grass is riz,
I wonder where the birdies is.

At least that's how I always heard it.
I will be hopeful for a while longer, or at least I will try to be. Patience is a virtue that I missed out on.
If you start to feel depressed, avoid the forums for a few days.
All the doom and gloom will make you crabby. :x
Or sad. :cry:

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow....... you people ! tongue firmly in cheek
I'm glad I posted about spring Somehere else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:31 pm 

Don't mean much to me...
except that Spring is a very long period of time, and I'm going to be depressed all the way through it.
Thanx! :roll:

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next