It is currently Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:03 pm 

Ya'all forgot to ask the quantum-physicist-fan:

Do I think Uru will be back? Well it depends on which way the wavefunction which defines 'URU-Reality' collapses. In one quantum branch, I can see all Uru fans rejoicing, and frolicking around the alternate probability tree, making merry and rejoycing with much Mead and Coca-Cola. In the other branching of the probability tree, I see a barren, dead branch with dust motes blowing through the tired cooling fans of pc's which once held Uru but now no longer. Here in the dead town there is much gnashing of teeth, even to the point where dentures begin to crumble and fall in the tearry sea of dissappointment all Uru fans now wallo alone in.

Which will it be? Well, according to quantum physics, it will be *both* - you just gotta hope that you are on the correct side of the quantum wavefunction when it does decide to collpase... :? If you happen to fall into the Uru-death reality, at least you can take solace in the fact that in another reality, there is another you having the time of their lives in Uru, talking and cavorting around with all their friends. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:07 pm 

Ahhhh, my head hurts.
Can you translate that into english for the normal people? :shock:

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:52 pm 

Sure thing. Everett's Many Worlds hypothesis of quantum physics says that whenever there is a process (read decision) to be made that there are many outcomes for, the universe splits into as many copies as are needed - each of these universes are identicle to one another except for that one decision. Simply, if you decided to answer the telephone before you rushed off to work this morning, there is another universe where another you ignored the phone and left it ringing as you headed out the door. The universe encompasses both decisions in a greater hyperuniverse. Now you have no way to contact that other you - the phone-ignoring clone. So you each go on from that phone - event to live seperate lives, doing seperate things. So you have no way of knowing when, later on that day, your phone ignoring twin was killed in a car accident when he tried unsuccessfully dodging a drunk driver - a driver you missed because you left the house 20 seconds later than the other guy because you were buisy answering the phone, which turned out to be a wrong number and left you fuming... :twisted:

So, in one universe, Uru is being released, in the other, it was put to bed permanently. Actually it is more complicated than this, because the combinations of events leading to different outcomes for Uru are truly infinite... in one universe, the first Uru was a wild success for Ubisoft, and now it is as popular as Warcraft, with milllions of fans, and new ages being released every few days. Of course, there is also a world where, like our world, Uru was put to bed, but was never ressurected, and today there are only scant few references to it as a promising game of 2003 which died and was forgotten. The universe which we find ourselves currently in isn't one of the best, but it isn't one of the worst either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:34 pm 

How do I get to the world where it's a raging success? :P

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

KT wrote:

Ask Quinn Mallory.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:17 am 

Quantum physics is all greek to me anyway...
can we MAKE this the world where Uru is a raging success?
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:23 am 
Obduction Backer

KT said :
Quote:
How do I get to the world where it's a raging success?

Er...Buy up a hot dang Server ?; OR:-

We might be there already...spring officially lasts 3 months

Of course, if we miss it, there will be a lot of incantations and meditations to find it...but PhysX Rules ? (excuse the pun)

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:25 am 

Deledrius wrote:
KT wrote:

Ask Quinn Mallory.

Well, there is the freaky theory that while we can't physically travel to those other places, you might get there by sleeping. This means that you don't actually wake up in the same body you fell asleep in. The differences may be microscopic, but maybe the reason you don't remember putting your dirty socks on the floor where you found them in the morning is because you didn't. You slipped into a universe where another 'you ' put them there last night... :shock: If consciousness actually finds the universe most suited to it, then that is a powerful reason to fall asleep with some cheery thoughts. It does make some sense as it seems in my life when I am in a good mood, and full of energy looking forward to the next day, I usually have a good one, but when I fall asleep grumpy and mad, my days seem to get darker - almost as if bad luck begins to accumulate around me. What's really happening is I am unwittingly directing my conciousness towards darker, or happier, alternate realities depending on the state of my mind when I fall asleep. In this theory, there is no such thing as luck, and there are no coincidences - you go to where you most want to be, whether to reward yourself or to punish yourself for your actions. We make our own heavens or hells...and then live in them for as long as we need to.

So if you really really really want Uru in your personal universe, go to bed with your head full of happy, positive thoughts towards the folks at Cyan. Maybe you'll be a bit closer to Uru in the morning. Over time, those good thoughts might build up until you really do find yourself in an alternate reality far from this one, where the economy is heading towards a full recovery, you have won the Mega Bucks Lottery, the anti aging pill has been discovered, and your car gets 500 miles on one gallon of water - and Uru is a wild, runaway, surprise success :lol: :lol:

See 'ya there! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:40 pm 

I doubt most of that stuff will ever happen, but rock on, optimists and URU obsessors!

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Poutrew wrote:
Quote:
....you might get there by sleeping....

LOved it ! Perfect observational science.....beatifully described ...even I can follow along.

I have to add some riders..queries...(can't resist !).:-

Is this what people do when they text while driving ? (kinda self defeating in this universe, you'd think)

In this context, Meditation would be sleeping while staying conscious ? (might be safer than the above)

The theory breaks down a bit because it doesn't seem to ensure an MMO event.?....and:

Is this why CyanWorlds (NOw we see the meaning !) provided individual environments ? ('cos that's where we'd each be ?)

If this is true, then we are already MOre than half way THere.... :wink: :wink:....

Now, how do I get an invite from inside Uru:CC ? (Goooo, GoMa !) (Large hammer crashes from the ceiling, fulfilling all of the above)

Philosophically we are there already because we like it............................... :idea:

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:07 am 

But hang on! This all means that I'll be in every possible alternate continuum. So I can't miss it, can I!
And since the possibility existed that MOUL did not shut down, before this particular instance of reality got stuck here where GT had to shut it down, according to the above described principles, I'm also somewhere happily running up the great stairs right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:24 pm 

I get so confused when I switch realities... :(

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 pm 

Everything is not as it seems{}. seems{}. seems{}.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 pm 

:o

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:10 pm 

poutrew wrote:
Deledrius wrote:
KT wrote:

Ask Quinn Mallory.

Well, there is the freaky theory that while we can't physically travel to those other places, you might get there by sleeping. This means that you don't actually wake up in the same body you fell asleep in. The differences may be microscopic, but maybe the reason you don't remember putting your dirty socks on the floor where you found them in the morning is because you didn't. You slipped into a universe where another 'you ' put them there last night... :shock: If consciousness actually finds the universe most suited to it, then that is a powerful reason to fall asleep with some cheery thoughts. It does make some sense as it seems in my life when I am in a good mood, and full of energy looking forward to the next day, I usually have a good one, but when I fall asleep grumpy and mad, my days seem to get darker - almost as if bad luck begins to accumulate around me. What's really happening is I am unwittingly directing my conciousness towards darker, or happier, alternate realities depending on the state of my mind when I fall asleep. In this theory, there is no such thing as luck, and there are no coincidences - you go to where you most want to be, whether to reward yourself or to punish yourself for your actions. We make our own heavens or hells...and then live in them for as long as we need to.

So if you really really really want Uru in your personal universe, go to bed with your head full of happy, positive thoughts towards the folks at Cyan. Maybe you'll be a bit closer to Uru in the morning. Over time, those good thoughts might build up until you really do find yourself in an alternate reality far from this one, where the economy is heading towards a full recovery, you have won the Mega Bucks Lottery, the anti aging pill has been discovered, and your car gets 500 miles on one gallon of water - and Uru is a wild, runaway, surprise success :lol: :lol:

See 'ya there! :D :D

Wow, What if you think positive thoughts toward the world in general instead of Cyan, Does Cyan get good stuffy too? What if I forget to think abot Cyan?

etc. etc. etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next