It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33 am 

Well, if you forget about Cyan Worlds in your thoughts, then you might wake up to find you are in a really nice reality where Cyan Worlds never existed :shock: And no one ever heard of Uru or Myst.... on the other hand if you are really effective in keeping Cyan Worlds in your thoughts, then you might find yourself in a reality where you in fact work for them :) But, quantum physics being unpredictable by nature, there's just no way to know before hand how things will turn out - the only thing that comes close to being an instruction book is a tiny book called Jonathan Livingston Seagull, or any of the earlier works of Barry Lopez... Good luck dreaming good dreams! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:27 pm 

poutrew wrote:
Well, if you forget about Cyan Worlds in your thoughts, then you might wake up to find you are in a really nice reality where Cyan Worlds never existed :shock: And no one ever heard of Uru or Myst.... on the other hand if you are really effective in keeping Cyan Worlds in your thoughts, then you might find yourself in a reality where you in fact work for them :) But, quantum physics being unpredictable by nature, there's just no way to know before hand how things will turn out - the only thing that comes close to being an instruction book is a tiny book called Jonathan Livingston Seagull, or any of the earlier works of Barry Lopez... Good luck dreaming good dreams! 8)

Wow, that would be bad... I like Cyan... and... I think about them all the time.(Except when I go to sleep Ah!) hmmm... i think about other adventure games too... hmmm... Does Cyan still get as much, or does it get less because it has to share... hmmm... We'll I guess it's unpredictible, like you said. hmmm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
poutrew wrote:
the only thing that comes close to being an instruction book is a tiny book called Jonathan Livingston Seagull, or any of the earlier works of Barry Lopez...

I'm afraid this line might be misread by some as Barry Lopez being the author of the book you mentioned. So, just to clarify, Richard Bach is the author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, as well as Illusions, The Bridge Across Forever, and several other books which might be considered "instruction books" for the type of thing you're discussing here.

Edit: corrected typo (eek)

Last edited by Tai'lahr on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:46 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Quote:
Jonathan Livingston Seagull

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 pm 

Looks like we all got our wished for update here. He must have snuck in when people weren't looking. :lol:

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am 

Hehe, I must say that update cheered me up quite a bit! It may already be spring, but I won't mind if they're a little late, as long as that cavern opens up one day or another! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 am 

There ya go, see how things work out? We all thought enough good thoughts to get into a universe where the Uru live release is still on track :P Obviously Chogon is also thinking good thoughts, along with all the others at Cyan Worlds and even the ex-employees because they can still Dream the Dream. Cool... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:44 am 

Byakuya wrote:
Hehe, I must say that update cheered me up quite a bit! It may already be spring, but I won't mind if they're a little late, as long as that cavern opens up one day or another! :D

I too, do not have any concerns over the lateness of it opening up - just as long as it does open.

I'd prefer Cyan take their time and get it right than rush it and not do too great a job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:07 pm 

yeah thats true, but im sure theyll only release it when theyre ready. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:33 am 

Byakuya wrote:

Three cheers for Cyan! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:13 am 
Certainly more encouraging than the idea (which I disprove every morning) that by going to bed thinking good thoughts I can wake up in a better reality.

There are many possible worlds, and one real one. That's the one that matters, the one that we trace through the Great Thorn Thicket of Possibilities, and we have control over exactly as much of it as we personally occupy. Going to bed thinking good thoughts is a splendid idea because you might wake up and do something positive next day, not because the multiverse will give you pressies. Cyan is on track to release open source Uru in this world (at some point or other). That's far better news than that it might release it in some other world I might get to if I'm lucky.

Leastways that's what I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:00 pm 

zander_nyrond wrote:
Certainly more encouraging than the idea (which I disprove every morning) that by going to bed thinking good thoughts I can wake up in a better reality.

There are many possible worlds, and one real one. That's the one that matters, the one that we trace through the Great Thorn Thicket of Possibilities, and we have control over exactly as much of it as we personally occupy. Going to bed thinking good thoughts is a splendid idea because you might wake up and do something positive next day, not because the multiverse will give you pressies. Cyan is on track to release open source Uru in this world (at some point or other). That's far better news than that it might release it in some other world I might get to if I'm lucky.

Leastways that's what I think.

Hmmm... I dunno. I don't really care that much either, just as long as things turn out great in the end. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Have I stumbled into the Sliders/Quantum Leap thread? :wink:

Seriously, from all I've seen, Uru Live is a labor of love for Cyan - and all of us. I'm sure they're doing all they can to make it a reality... err, for the third time, BUT STILL!

They want it, we want it - what can possibly go wrong? Oops, I shouldn't have said that, should I?

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 pm 

TOOO wrote:
Have I stumbled into the Sliders/Quantum Leap thread? :wink:

Seriously, from all I've seen, Uru Live is a labor of love for Cyan - and all of us. I'm sure they're doing all they can to make it a reality... err, for the third time, BUT STILL!

They want it, we want it - what can possibly go wrong? Oops, I shouldn't have said that, should I?

Well, it would have been worse if you said "they know what thier doing". Something Really bad always happens when people say that :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:10 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

alexskc wrote:
Well, it would have been worse if you said "they know what thier doing". Something Really bad always happens when people say that :P

Yes, that's right, the grammar police arrive and charge you with abuse of the language..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next