It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

When should Roll CALL List End?
Poll ended at Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:03 am
1. End ROLL CALL List at 30 days of posting? 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
2. End ROLL CALL List at 60 days of posting? 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
3. End ROLL CALL LIST at? But don't lock thread. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
3. End ROLL CALL LIST at? But don't lock thread. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Jahmen (et al), Dunno if you saw it, but you might want to compare this list (page 1) with the original KI list for UU/MOUL at http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4443&highlight=. Indy started it at UU in Dec 22, 2006. Might help some people find their Ki number, say ?

Regards, and Thanks !!

PS: (Your Uru:CC/UU/MOUL KI Pics CD is still doing daily Slideshow work on my PC Jahmen :D ...Longest running record I have ! I I have a CD of mine too, but yours are better, and annotated)

(Hmmm...anyone know how I could post KI Pics collection so anyone could download, given permissions ? I need instruction..Thanks !) ((There's gotta be someone who has already done it...)) (((This way everyone could see some named Pics of Avi's in game)))

Abjab

Hi All !!.....Myst'ya !.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:34 pm 

Ki number: 07164934
Guild of Greeters

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:29 pm 

Abjab ole buddy, ole pal! 8) Thanx for posting the URL to the other older
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:43 pm — Post subject: Complete KI list by Indy! Wow over 350 listed! :lol:
Super find and could be interesting for those who might want to compare or see who is still around today from it.
The alphabetizing of the listing was a great idea. I might sort mine at the end the same.
I also have kept extensive listings I did of those who attended episodes and events in MOUL. Like when Dr. Phil or others showed up.
Hmm IDEA :idea: Maybe I should start a thread of lists and URL's to lists called, "JUST LISTS" :shock:
I was hoping to see between 250 to 300 sign in. I am toying with limiting the time frame to 30 days here and locking the thread. Being that it is a Roll Call List theme and so should be limited in time to sign in. I imagine if I let it run longer it could eventually get a larger number count. But my idea was more about checking the active pulse of the community waiting for Open Source Uru. Alternatively, I could just stop updating the list after 30 days and in another 30 days do a secondary list of those beyond 30 days. Or I could poll everyone to see what they think about it all.

P.S. You should take a bow on the KI picture I sent to you categorized and labeled, as I do believe I took the best I thought you had sent me and added them into it. Remember? :roll: Best of the best I tried doing. :wink: I will try to relocate a thread I ran across that sent explorers to a site I believe that had posted a lot of explorers KI pics. Can’t wait to see ya ole buddy back in the game! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 pm 

Abjab, I put my few, and not very high quality KI-shots on flickr. It is possible to comment, but only registered flickr users can do that. That is not optimal. I'm still investigating the possibilities. On the other hand Eleri has shown that flickr has the possibility to ad a named frameround parts of a picture. That is cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:19 pm 

Bevin - Myss Terries

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:58 am 

Byakuya
Guild of Maintainers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Jahmen Said:-
Quote:
Alternatively, I could just stop updating the list after 30 days and in another 30 days do a secondary list of those beyond 30 days. Or I could poll everyone to see what they think about it all.

You could always use the Poll vote like Indy used......I assume...and block the list by Month (each listed alphabetically ?), but keep the process rolling as is, perhaps; that way no one has to stamp a time card more than once, and you can see how participation growth occurs month by month......kinda....OR: you could just keep it rolling until Vid quits counting the days..., ('cos OSMOL(?) happens) ...All Easy for me to say..I'm not doing it.. :lol:

Of course, there comes a point where Newbies wont easily find your list to sign up, I assume.

(I signed up belatedly to Indy's list just to be listed with my one remaining Neighbor (Ad'ytum) in Tylan's Bevin (Sorry Vid, I know..only one Bevin, but that's what the code called it...and thats what I got when I paid for it.... :roll: ) I think we were both there on Dec12, 2006. (Indy's list started Dec 22, 2006). I hope Ad'ytum shows up on your list here, Jahmen, and Gelwyn has just Gotta show up ! I need Top Caliber exploit instruction....and novel Marker Games ! :lol: ) I'm sure others will use your list here for similar purposes.

Of course, if we were really automated, it would compile whenever someone logged in (?), and if everyone was obliged to include their (New) KI number in their profile it would extract that automatically.........Which brings me to my key point :shock:

There is going to be a world of confusion between old and new KI numbers...and new KI numbers is what everyone is going to want to know vis a vis old Avi name and old Avi KI number. Existing data in Avie names online here may have to be reworked because of that. How that impacts your list I do not know yet. Indy's list was to classify Languages..and (Old) KI numbers. So after OSMOL(?) starts everyone is going to have to repost your list and/or repair their Profile...think about it...I don't know the answers yet, except 'we need admin !' (don't we ?) It would be nice to have some kind of continuity of data, flexible enough to handle (old/new) Avie name change too (cos that could become the norm, for all I know, depending on who gets where first) and (old/new) KI numbers. Anyway, the subject wouldn't have come up without your initiative, I guess, Jahmen, so I dont feel too bad posting the spinoff issues here 8)

Jahmen said:-
Quote:
P.S. You should take a bow on the KI pictures I sent to you categorized and labeled, as I do believe I took the best I thought you had sent me and added them into it. Remember? Best of the best I tried doing.

Wow ! (Bows beetroot red) Thats why some looked so familiar ! I just assumed Jahmen knew how to get there too ! There were a couple of Pics of Abjab in geographically (DRC) compromising circumstances which I knew only Jahmen could have taken, and made me smile.... 8) (Gelwyn had started me down one of those lines of exploration...). I wish I knew how to salvage my alternative Avis Pics too (I still have all the old Client files but couldnt find em there....and I hav'nt seen a thread discussion, so I assume they are long gone...ah, well ....(muses off)). The communal message here is that there was MUCH more to MOUL than just the straight Gameplay.....and I really hope that it continues that way..... But, I'm way off subject... :lol:

Keep up the Good Work !! And Thanks !!

Abjab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Rudolfson said:-
Quote:
Abjab, I put my few, and not very high quality KI-shots on flickr. It is possible to comment, but only registered flickr users can do that. That is not optimal. I'm still investigating the possibilities. On the other hand Eleri has shown that flickr has the possibility to ad a named frameround parts of a picture. That is cool.

Many Thanks Rudolfson, I'll check it, its a start. I kept the KI Pics in KI format, and use Irfanview to show..and annotate. (Uru:CC KI Pics were straight jpeg, MOUL were modified jpeg, which I ought to convert, I suppose, and Irfanview can do that too, as soon as I find out how).

Thanks for the Help !

Abjab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 pm 

Carl Palmner, Jazz' Bevin, Unaffiliated

I'm not super-active on these forums but have remained relatively active on the Uru Obsession forums. Hi all!

MOULa KI#237576

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:45 pm 
Obduction Backer

Maracathu, NULP Bevin, Guild of Greeters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:13 am 
Obduction Backer

J'mee, Uru Obsession Bevin, Unaffiliated

Any great work of art revives and readapts time and space, and the measure of its success is the extent to which it makes you an inhabitant of that world - the extent to which it invites you in and lets you breathe its strange, special air. Bernstein

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:39 am 

aras, Tsahno's Bevin (formerly Tayma's Bevin)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:07 am 

I'm confused. I don't have a Bevin right now for obvious reasons, and KI #s are obsolete...but mine's to the left anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 am 

I never got to play Myst Online because hadn't played uru for years and when I replayed it Myst Online was closed just a month prior so I have eagerly been awaiting. But if I did get to play my account would have been the same as in uru which is Xeneros.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm 

Caustic Sarcasm aka Jane Doe, Uru Obsession Bevin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next