It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:00 pm 

Unfortunately, the village you can see in Gira is not an area that can be visited. It is just a flat matte painting. The entire area would require that it be modeled in 3D and the area of the Age enlarged to hold it. It would be nice if that area was available for exploration but it would require a complete design effort from scratch to make it happen. Since this is one of Cyan's Ages, it is unlikely they would approve modifications to expand Gira. Although one never knows what arrangement Cyan might make in the future with fan Age builders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 pm 

Sorry about that, I meant to give the public URL. Link updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:34 pm 

I hope that I will see Grommit in Cavern someday. :lol:

Zap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 pm 

johnsojc wrote:
Unfortunately, the village you can see in Gira is not an area that can be visited. It is just a flat matte painting. The entire area would require that it be modeled in 3D and the area of the Age enlarged to hold it. It would be nice if that area was available for exploration but it would require a complete design effort from scratch to make it happen. Since this is one of Cyan's Ages, it is unlikely they would approve modifications to expand Gira. Although one never knows what arrangement Cyan might make in the future with fan Age builders.

You are absolutely right about the area as seen in Eder Gira. When Eder Gira II showed up on the DRC list of future Age releases there was much speculation in the forums at the time that what we saw in Gira was the concept art for EG II. How far along Cyan was with the actual modeling is anyones guess. It would be kind of neat should Cyan decide to hand over the completion of EG II to trusted fan Age builders if it turns out they can't do it themselves. Then we could see how close the speculations came to the reality. 8)

Kero - KI#33425
Tarma - KI#36702

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:59 pm 

We know "gira 2" was really intended to enter the game.

1) we got lot's of concept arts of the eder gira forest.

2) we got a music piece called "beyond gira" (very good, BTW).

3) I *think* that some models were already done. If you ask me, it's obvious many models from tahgira were to be used in "gira 2", like the trees, and maybe steam vents. They just look so alike...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:47 pm 

I gots a picture on my desktop from the concept art page that LOOKS like it could be BG...

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

I VISITED AHNONAY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TREE SHIRT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

Could you post it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:38 pm 

I would, but I am computer illiterate and stupid. In other words, I have the picture, but not the skill. :oops:

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:05 pm 

If you give me INSTRUCTIONS, I may be able to post it...

E.G.O.- 02129796
T.L.N.- ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I copied this from the information and resources topic at the top of the forums page:

Quote:
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and second, the image you display must already be available on the Internet (it cannot exist only on your computer, for example, unless you run a webserver!). There is currently no way of storing images locally with phpBB (all these issues are expected to be addressed in the next release of phpBB). To display an image, you must surround the URL pointing to the image with tags.

You'll have to upload your image to an image hosting site. Photobucket is probably the biggest. It's free and pretty easy to use. I've posted pics using this and I'm not very computer savy. Your image will be given a URL tag. I think you can right-click on the image once its on Photobucket, scroll down to "properties" and snag the URL info from there. Then just copy and paste that into the coding above. That SHOULD work. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, any of you tech savy computer wizards.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2