It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm glad that the iMyst game has been released.. It is getting harder to weed through the posts between it and URU itself...Shouldn't a separate forum be available for those that have a phone that plays games? Mine rings, I answer, and hopefully I get a response other than a telemarketer (maybe even a job)!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
There's a whole new section: MYST FOR THE IPHONE - right under the Announcements section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

I agree Gandhar.. really great that Cyan and iMyst are a success, but when I log in to review posts since my last visit, I too would like a way to separate the iPhone from the Online. I could stand to leave the multinational languages separate also.
It's ever harder to weed through when the weeds are ever bigger and deeper. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

Al'Kaera wrote:
I could stand to leave the multinational languages separate also.

Comparing our multinational friends in the community with "weeds" does not sound very nice. :wink:

But I can see your point.
I am sure Cyan will do the things which are possible.
Still all your suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by veralun on Mon May 11, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

IMHO I would prefer Cyan use its already established resources with its built in knowledgeable membership than spend precious, needed resources creating a new forum. :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 pm 

I quite like reading the iMyst stuff, even though I don't have an iPhone (well, not yet ...). It's reminding me about all the different places in Myst. I have a Mac now so I can only play Myst in a Windows VM. However, I haven't actually been able to install it and get it to run without crashing, either in Bootcamp on my MacBook Pro or in Parallels on my iMac. Darn it, maybe I'll have to get my iPhone a little earlier than I had planned. :P

Actually I quite like looking at the international posts as well, although I can only pick my way through the German ones with some meagre understanding. It just gives me a buzz to know that Uru has a truly international following, a following that is supported through this forum. On the few occasions when I encountered explorers from around the world in the Cavern it was fun trying to communicate - me with my patchy German and the other explorers with their infinitely better English. I remember one particularly hilarious time in the GOG Bevin where I was trying to help a young explorer who spoke German. One of the other Greeters was helping as well - sorry, can't remember who. I had Babel Fish open on my other computer and was trying to simultaneously translate the young explorers questions and craft very rough responses in German. It was a hoot. I hope the young explorer eventually understood what to do with the pillars on his Relto! :roll:

MO:UL KI# 08022570

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:44 am 

I'd rather it all be here, but it does seem a bit stuffed. Maybe the better place would be on the Cyan forums with big ticket products like Uru getting their own page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 am 

One of the big reasons to pull Myst iPhone users to this forum is to introduce new Myst iPhone players to the other Myst games and the coming open source version of the game. The open source version need publicity so that we can have new players. Without then I expect MO:OS (pick you fav acronym) will be like Until Uru, a very lonely game with a small group of fans.

One really has to decide if they want to keep Myst-Uru for the same groups of fans or share it with a larger possible fan base.

MO:OS will need new age builders, ideas and fans. Without them MO:OS will be an ever shrinking community.

Complaining that the iPhone users are making it hard for one to find Uru related posts seems pretty and self centered when one looks at the over value of having new fans.

Having these new people joining the community should provide new life and interest in the Myst games. Separating them would seem to be self defeating for our long term purposes.

If one whats balance, consider posting more interesting Uru things.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:09 am 

How about a show/hide button for each forum section? That could shrink the page in half and require very little time and skill to engineer. It's certainly easier to do than a seperate page. In fact, most of the fans would probably be capable of doing this. Like, during lunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 pm 

Nalates wrote:
If one whats balance, consider posting more interesting Uru things.

Hear hear!

And before the source is released there is no real subject competition to talk about. I welcome the Myst activity, and hope to make the new mysters see we are a hip and friendly bunch you wanna hang out with live. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

veralun wrote:
Al'Kaera wrote:

Comparing our multinational friends in the community with "weeds" does not sound very nice. :wink:

lol veralun, very winky comeback for a multinational, but you know I didn't mean THAT. 8) I don't even have every Relto page turned 'on'. Too crowded :lol:

Yes Whilyam, it does seem a bit 'stuffed'. It's ok that it's ALL here Nalates, for the EXACT reason you stated, exposure to the larger community, but my quote " review posts since last visit ' is a forum controlled search, that may, in time need an option, to reduce the list of returns. kinda like 'search' does at the present.

so many mercenaries, so few targets.... geez :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:16 pm 

I just stopped in after a number of months. To me, it's really odd to see iMyst here. On the other the hand, the popularity of iMyst might increase your community here, so I'd vote for leaving it be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:01 am 

A better search and some options to narrow it would help. I looked at the sections that one can search and each section seems to be there. So, one could search just the MO:UL sections or the iPhone sections.

The 'view new posts' is a bit crowded, but then I think that is a good thing.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Nalates wrote:
The 'view new posts' is a bit crowded, but then I think that is a good thing.

Yes, it is a good thing. 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]