It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:02 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 10:53 pm 

Nalates wrote:
Having to redo ages is not all that popular with long time fans.
You kidding? I love redoing the Ages - I always try to see what there may be that I've not done before. Or seen before. Is there a different place I can make my avatar stand to get a different view of the wonderful scene I'm looking at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Having to redo ages is not all that popular with long time fans.

I wish Explorers would add the word "some" to such "bold" statements for they do not speak for everyone. :?

Inferiority Complex wrote:
I love redoing the Ages - I always try to see what there may be that I've not done before. Or seen before. Is there a different place I can make my avatar stand to get a different view of the wonderful scene I'm looking at?

I love redoing the Ages too. 8)

semplers' shards :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:17 am 

I love re-doing the ages as well. I do understand, however, that re-doing them is not enjoyable to the general public and to some long-time explorers. I'd prefer to choose when and if I re-do the Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Whilyam wrote:
I love re-doing the ages as well. I do understand, however, that re-doing them is not enjoyable to the general public and to some long-time explorers. I'd prefer to choose when and if I re-do the Ages.

Why do i feel like Amateria should be redone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Could you image what a public Amateria would be like? :shock: I would love to see an explorer get encapsulated in the crystal sphere. Even better, I'd love to see what would happen if some unlucky explorer(s) are on the track when the big ball comes rolling through. Bowling, anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:45 pm 

Mr. Blackwood wrote:
Whilyam wrote:

I think Whilyam meant "redo" as in run through the age again, not rework them. Although I'd love to see a "real" 3-D Amateria, I'm not sure Cyan has the rights to it as Exile and Revelation were not created by them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

SCGreyWolf wrote:
Mr. Blackwood wrote:
Whilyam wrote:

I think Whilyam meant "redo" as in run through the age again, not rework them. Although I'd love to see a "real" 3-D Amateria, I'm not sure Cyan has the rights to it as Exile and Revelation were not created by them.

I know we'd love to see it. But what about the "Ice Ball" coaster ride, eh? Now that would be HOT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 am 
Obduction Backer

I loved doing ages over also. There was always something new I had never noticed before or some new way to do it, some new narrative. :) But it has been so long now, they will all be fresh.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:12 pm 

I am one of those who do not like doing some Ages over...but others, oh yes. I generally like the single-player offline Ages best.

I never coughed up for the GameTap sub but I did get to see the Ages - offline. Certainly the big desert Age would be completely different with other people. The Pods seemed far less epic than I had been led to expect, unfortunately. The general concept is solid, but the flat-seeming jungle and claustrophobic metal surroundings weren't helping me out. It could well be different when I get to them and they work, of course - the Pods really suffer being pasted into a regular Uru install because the ladders and buttons won't work (but I also flew about), so I know I was missing on some of the flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:30 pm 

The pods are just that: pods. Like, circle things and you see the outside through windows. What were you led to believe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

I Wanna see som animules through dem windows...of da podz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:58 pm 

Mr. Blackwood wrote:
I Wanna see som animules through dem windows...of da podz

You can see some of them from the Stephan Martinière concept page,
the Uru and Myst 5 section at the bottom...
http://www.martiniere.com/games.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:20 am 

I'm among the many Uru players who NEVER got a chance to play MOUL or even try it. I got and played the game right after MOUL's cancellation. I've finished already all of the Complete Chronicles so there's nothing else to do for me anymore.
So, why not another expansion? You see, there are Uru players like me who seem to be more fond of the offline single-player experience. Personally, I like it mostly because it guarantess content and it's much more easier to enjoy than then complicated situation MOUL goes thro, specially with the open source thing.
I would REALLY want Cyan to release at least a few offline content, even if it costs (tho it must be a fair cost) Because if I gotta pay frequently just to play for some content I may or may not have full access to. Let alone the fact that since it's online many players will have issues with their own internet connections and servers. Overall, I'd like to play the MOUL content offline because just like the Complete Chronicles it'd be a ready-to-enjoy experience. It teases me how I forcedly will have to join MOUL just to play something I could comfortably play offlline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

I've been replaying Complete Chronicles quite a bit lately (getting myself back in shape!), but I find playing alone in the cavern to be creepy. I miss seeing everyone there, and it's just not the same. Nonetheless, I can be patient, because I know people will be back someday. Perseverance against the quiet - that's the key :)

KI # 494102

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Sure, having another expansion pack would be great but it would need MANY changes, switching back to another pphysics engine, changig several ages again so they can be solved by a single person etc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next