It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:56 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:43 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Waco, TX
Update at the link provided by LuigiHann says realMyst is excluded and is still available.

_________________
HAVE PUN, WILL TRAVEL
Fax Paladin, Waco
Ki# 48489


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 1:44 am
Posts: 1282
Location: Orlando
Is It Myst Series on Steam Yet?

_________________
-vid (KI: 00201880)
The Age Linker's Guide
It is up to you to create your own adventures today!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 2598
Location: Israel
I have a feeling it's about openUru.

_________________
Previously known as "The stranger"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 687
Location: Bevin Field Office - KI: 01350736
What the heck stake does Ubi have in OS Myst Online?

It does seem possible though, more so than the iPhone release. My immediate first thought was Sunsoft but that doesn't make sense. Looks like they're OK with Cyan seeing that realMyst is still up on GT; hooray for that at least.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:54 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:10 pm
Posts: 106
Location: Waco, TX
At first read it smelled to me like Ubi wanting a cut of the iPhone/iPod revenue. Could also have something to do with the pending deal with another publisher that Chogon mentioned...

_________________
HAVE PUN, WILL TRAVEL
Fax Paladin, Waco
Ki# 48489


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 2598
Location: Israel
ah Ubisoft, always seems to surprise us in some way! (and that's usually the bad one :roll: ).

_________________
Previously known as "The stranger"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:12 am
Posts: 154
Location: ....beyond the veil.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve

maybe this is the reason?

I just knew ubeeshaft was gonna fuddle this great experience up.

_________________
We live in the age of "cellphone cameras",screwups are not allowed. But funny, nonetheless. ;)
AMD [email protected], Ram:DDR3 1333-16gigs, EVGA-GTX580, 3.32Tb of HD space. Win7/64& Win10/64.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:50 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:00 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Gensokyo
I can't see where Ubisoft is coming from on this... It's past 2008, and the code for Uru Live isn't through them. Seems to me they don't have a leg to stand on.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 am 
Offline
Creative Kingdoms

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 6235
Location: Everywhere, all at once
sparks454alive wrote:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve

maybe this is the reason?

I just knew ubeeshaft was gonna fuddle this great experience up.

The reason is because they have a big, long forum index? Huh? A little more specificity would be reasonable. What's your point?

_________________
OpenUru.org: An Uru Project Resource Site : Twitter : Make a commitment.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 746
JWPlatt wrote:
sparks454alive wrote:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve

maybe this is the reason?

I just knew ubeeshaft was gonna fuddle this great experience up.

The reason is because they have a big, long forum index? Huh? A little more specificity would be reasonable. What's your point?


Yeah, I did a search for Myst and Uru and the most recent posts I saw were from 2007. :?

_________________
Frisky Badger
Guild of Maintainers
My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Guild of Maintainers.
KI# 00140468


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:25 am
Posts: 2031
Location: Sadly in Germany
Frisky Badger wrote:
Yeah, I did a search for Myst and Uru and the most recent posts I saw were from 2007. :?


Well, I take a look at the forum index and the most recent posts in most Myst-related forums on ubi.com are from June or July 2009. The only exception I can see is the technical support archive (archive!) for M/R/E, where it's January 2005.

_________________
Sören Nils 'chucker' Kuklau

(Or something.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:48 pm
Posts: 746
Hmm...right you are chucker. Either the search feature doesn't work very will, or I'm not good at using it. :oops:

Isn't there a law that effectively states "you had your chance and you blew it"? I mean, first Ubisoft bailed on Uru, now that Myst is making some money they want back in. In my book, Ubisoft should be S.O.L. in this situation.

_________________
Frisky Badger
Guild of Maintainers
My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Guild of Maintainers.
KI# 00140468


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm 
Offline
Creative Kingdoms

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 pm
Posts: 6235
Location: Everywhere, all at once
Wouldn't it be better to to make a friendly agreement with one or both publishers that benefits all players?

_________________
OpenUru.org: An Uru Project Resource Site : Twitter : Make a commitment.
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:28 am
Posts: 687
Location: Bevin Field Office - KI: 01350736
sparks454alive wrote:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve

maybe this is the reason?

I assume you're pointing towards the Eve MMORPG, which Cyan has had nothing to do with.

I'd rather not speculate what's happening here, although that looks like one of a couple plausible theories...but like I said, speculating doesn't seem right to me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:08 am
Posts: 1991
Location: Greenville, SC
Ed Oscuro wrote:
sparks454alive wrote:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve

maybe this is the reason?

I assume you're pointing towards the Eve MMORPG, which Cyan has had nothing to do with.

I'd rather not speculate what's happening here, although that looks like one of a couple plausible theories...but like I said, speculating doesn't seem right to me.


Eve is the community software Ubi uses for their forum: http://eveforenterprise.com/ :)

EVE Online is produced by CCP and is self-published.

_________________
Can you withstand the gaze of the Eye of Eternity?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: