It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

Would you like to register for email notification?
Yes. 96%  96%  [ 88 ]
No. 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 92
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:00 am 

Is it possible to register for email notification if/when Open Source URU becomes available? I'd prefer not to check these forums anymore, as doing so is too disappointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:43 pm 

now, I voted "Yes," but I'm not going to stop checking in here for updates. It would just be nice to know as soon as possible on the (relatively likely) off chance I forget to check for a week or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
You could sign up to receive the Guild of Messengers newsletter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:41 pm 

I signed up for the GOM newsletter. Thank you, Tai'lahr! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:14 pm 

i am probably the only person on the planet that is having this problem ....right?.....

i have signed up for the GOM newsletter on the website more than 3 times and still have never received one.

no idea why not ... just figured it was a glitch or someone there did not like me. whatever.

back on subject... it is doubtful that the awesome communication staff at Cyan would be able to do E-mail notification.
and probably more likely if they did, the e-mail would be weeks to years later than the actual date of release. IMHO

still i would be elated if a reliable notification were available and would definitely sign up for such an offering.

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Any chance it's going to junk mail or being filtered some other way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:27 pm 

If you could somehow send a notification to all the members of this site when its up and running, it would definitely get things going. Word of mouth has always been the best advertising but it is kinda slow at times, of couse we are talking about something in the neighborhood of 13,996 Emails

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:49 am 

not a chance ....

wouldn't life be nice if problems were solved that easily.

sorry to be computer savvy. not everyone is a technological neophyte

KI#283599

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Soup_Fork wrote:
i am probably the only person on the planet that is having this problem ....right?.....

i have signed up for the GOM newsletter on the website more than 3 times and still have never received one.

no idea why not ... just figured it was a glitch or someone there did not like me. whatever.

Please contact one of the Messengers directly to look into this. Several have accounts here and can be sent PMs. Lynnutte is the guildmaster and Szark is around frequently. I'm sure they wouldn't want anyone to be left out of the mailing and will be happy to look into this for you.

Post subject: Email notification
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm 

Yes, Sadly I am often busy and would hate to miss out just becuase I had to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:34 pm 

Soup_Fork wrote:

[…snip…]

back on subject... it is doubtful that the awesome communication staff at Cyan would be able to do E-mail notification.
[…snip…]

I always see the newsletter announcements on the forums. Szark does a good job of visiting and posting announcements on all the forums. On some he uses the same thread and just updates it. A View New Posts Search brings them up. Posting in or setting a watch on those threads gets you an email update whenever he updates the thread. Just remember to visit it to clear it for the next update.

I continually have to white list some forums for their emails to keep coming through. I’m surprised and annoyed whenever I check spam and find a Myst related email there. And being or not being a computer neophyte has nothing to do with missing email falling into spam. That is a matter of remembering to look. Signing up for a GoMe alert, not getting it and complaining here is what most of us consider a signal asking for help and suggests a problem many of the less computer knowledgeable have already solved. Ask at GoMe. They may not realize they have a problem.

I’m not sure why you think an email notification by Cyan would be ‘doubtful’. They have made them in the past. Having run a couple of forums now I know that the Admin and often moderators can send a system wide notice to all subscribers/members. To be on MOUL you have to have given an email address so it is simple to send an email to the 14,098 members currently signed up here.

Omykael, many of the announcements by Cyan are new posts. So, there is no way to get notified unless the poster takes special action. I would love a sticky Important Announcement thread that I could set a watch on. Otherwise the GoMe subscription is important to those that want prompt notification. Plus Cyan does consider GoMe a primary point of community contact for getting word out. However, a major announcement with immediate effect, like opening a Cyan server, would likely make for more than just a post form Cyan. I would expect emails and posts with GoMe getting notified first. However, the release of the open source code will likely be just a post.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I said "no" mainly 'cause I lurk here a whole bunch and would likely see the notice and freak out right where I sit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]