It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:33 am 

I don't know if this has been discussed previously, so forgive me if it has, but why doesn't Cyan release the ages from Myst Online in an expansion pack and charge money for it? I am aware that these ages can be played via drizzle. and On the same subject, why not release the Myst V locations (which I always thought should have been part of uru to begin with) as a uru expansion pack? is this due to copyrights that it can't be done? Even though these ages/ and areas can be obtained from drizzle i'm sure fan would still buy them, and also I'm sure cyan has some goodies (ie unreleased content, maybe not full ages but some extras) they could add to get fans to buy them. This seems like a good way to bring in money and to keep fans upbeat/entertained while Myst Online is on haitus.

Ryan Lee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 pm 

I wish it was that easy.

The general assumption is that Cyan has the rights back on MOUL. That is the right to distribute, sell, and otherwise treat however they wish because they have sole ownership of it. Myst 5 EOA however the rights to sell and distribute are assumed to still be with the games publisher Ubi. The same might bizarrely enough be true for Uru:CC placing any and all materials released as a "official" expansion pack under the control of the Uru:CC publishers agreement.

Of course that's a lot of assumptions on my part, please take with a grain of salt.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]