It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:53 pm 

I always play full screen for the immersion factor (lights low, no TV). I am 100% positive MOUL ran at 1440 x 900. Just go to my web site linked above. Click on any of the widescreen thumbnail images to see the full shot. Look at the properties. The images are 1440 x 900 pixels. In the game, I hit Alt+PrintScr and then pasted them into Photoshop and built a large file with scores of image layers. I looked last night and I have two files with a total of around 160 to 170 layers total.

Boy, it was nice to go down memory lane again. I should post more images to my site. There are some other good ones.

EDIT: Here is the link again since this rolled over to page 7.
http://www.mtn-man.org/mystURUscreenshotswide.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Herohtar wrote:
1280x1024 is 5:4, not 4:3.

I'm pretty sure I ran MOUL in full-screen at 1440x900 on my laptop...
1280 x 960 is the 4:3 version, Nalates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:11 pm 

Sorry I haven't responded in so long lol. I was building my new computer and was sort of distracted and school started and all.

Ok, so it looks like MOUL does have what I was looking for. But, to be honest I'm not sure I know the difference between MOUL and CC?
I simply bought CC after they already shut down Uru Live so I never played it online or downloaded any updates or anything.

I'm assuming, correct me if I am wrong, that MOUL is the (was the) latest version of the online game before it went offline?
If that is so then I have no problems because I only want to play this game online anyway, I'm waiting for them to release it, and if that version has True widescreen then I'll be just fine.

Thanks for all the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:17 am 

MOUL doesn't matter for anything right now (except for Drizzle I guess? - same as not counting for anything really heh). CC and MOUL don't really matter for when OS development starts either, since any current code problems can be sorted out later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 am 

is there a way I can get the MOUL version? or is that not possible anymore? So i can play the game with good widescreen in single player while I wait for the Open Source version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:13 pm 

AntiStrange wrote:
is there a way I can get the MOUL version? or is that not possible anymore? So i can play the game with good widescreen in single player while I wait for the Open Source version.

That is what I am also hoping for. Short of releasing the MOUL version, could we have a widescreen patch for CC? I'm not a coder, so would it be too difficult to patch that extra MOUL code into CC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:37 pm 

Well it's not open source yet, so I doubt anyone could do that other than the actual developers of the game.
But they won't bother to do that because they are going to eventually release it open source, so they would probably just say to hang tight until it comes out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7