It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:34 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
ddb174 wrote:
Whilyam, you know that it was already around in on online form people could play together, and that there was already new content on a monthly basis. And you know that I can't go into details without my post being deleted here.

Of course, and those places are still (in my opinion) the pinnacle of community work so far. But this is why I'm curious what your interpretation of "life" in this case is. In my opinion, those places ensure Uru will never die as anyone with a passion can begin the game again. It was fantastic to see other people in Bimevi for once, something I hope to see in MOULa. But why do you consider Uru as dead as it was before the announcement?

Whil, I think that he means its dead because of two reasons:

1) Open Source has yet to happen

2) The community is (mostly) the same as before MOUL

I understand what you guys are talking about and I agree. However, to specify on the status, Uru is not "alive" right now, so much as it's "dormant."

We have yet to really turn the corner where the game goes from an online Uru:CC to a full-blown and ever-expanding community where content is regular and frequent and there is promise for the game to grow continuously.

As we've yet to acquire Open-Source, and as new people are only beginning to trickle in, we haven't hit the truly "alive" status yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:57 pm 

A person like me, with no programming experience, can now be in the Cavern. That's live for me :). WOOHOO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:47 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
ddb174 wrote:
Whilyam, you know that it was already around in on online form people could play together, and that there was already new content on a monthly basis. And you know that I can't go into details without my post being deleted here.

Of course, and those places are still (in my opinion) the pinnacle of community work so far. But this is why I'm curious what your interpretation of "life" in this case is. In my opinion, those places ensure Uru will never die as anyone with a passion can begin the game again. It was fantastic to see other people in Bimevi for once, something I hope to see in MOULa. But why do you consider Uru as dead as it was before the announcement?

I agree with this: due to the work of some people, it can never be taken away from us, and so anyone who wishes to keep it alive can do so. And they have done so. So if a person's definition of dead had it dead a month ago, it is still dead now. If it was alive a month ago, it is still alive now. That's what I meant by it still having the same extent of deadness as it did a month ago, whatever extent that is. Like saying arithmetic is just as consistent as (Euclidean) geometry, whatever consistency that is ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6