It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Calam wrote:
I recommend we all cease posting in this topic.

Well, before it ends, I'd like to thank Paradox for taking my suggestion seriously and writing a wonderful blog entry in an attempt to bridge the gap and improve communication between two sides.

And, since this thread is addressed to Cyan, I have my own message to them... I demand to know how Zardoz got a pony! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Tai'lahr wrote:
And, since this thread is addressed to Cyan, I have my own message to them... I demand to know how Zardoz got a pony! :P

Because I'm special?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:21 am 

Here's Cyan's 11/26/09 update: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18766.

Post subject: What does it matter?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:47 pm 

My Two Cents worth.
I’m of the opinion in the matters of CYAN silence and lack of communications to address fan posted thread concerns (as those listed in this thread) related to Open Source URU/ MORE is a simple business related decision. Caring or not caring has little to do with it. It’s Business! Communicating to fans or their silence about their position/ intentions shows wisdom in the face of uncertain times and circumstances. I believe CYAN has simply been waiting and hoping to see if and when their financial circumstances will change to implement OS-URU/ MORE. Until then why continue to say or do anything? Most fans I believe will do the only thing they can do, wait and see. I doubt it will really matter so much to most fans as to the when, where or how as long as URU does at some point return to them, somehow, someway.
The forum posts/ threads will continue to resound much of the same that came before with the anger, frustrations, insights, admiration and love of URU and its hoped for return. This thread and posted thread list well show cases the concerns explorers have and feel. However, I doubt it will change or effect what CYAN is able or not able to do to bring back URU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:19 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxNkdIUzOk

This video still blows me away, as many times as I watched it, Uru in what ever form means so much to so many. even though its just a computer program so many people became part of it, believed in it, they breathed life into something that is originally a video game. It took on a life of its own.

Everybody seems to live in their own reality and when those realities overlap they form a community and when a believe is so strong within that community it becomes a reality. Uru is that belief and that reality, With all the dedications whether its a video, forum, shard, new ages or any one of a number of thing I have not mentions I wonder If Cyan really knows what Uru Live meant to some of us.

I saw this video for the first time a while back and I was amazed that this guy went threw all that trouble to close everything down before he left as if it was a real place and it still blows me away.

in any case enough with the cheese ball at this rate I think my Keyboards gonna short circuit from my Lacrimal gland

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:11 pm 

The Myst games have touched millions of people in uncountable ways. ABM/UL/UU/MOUL has touched those fans congregating here, on the Ubi forums and other Uru Fan forums. I know many like to think we, the Uru fans, are unique and nothing else in “game-dom” is like our fan community. I think several other fan groups would challenge those ideas, Ryzom for instance. While each has their unique experience and motivations for their love of Uru there are others that have their unique experiences, love of and attachment to Uru and other games. Feeling one’s experience is subjective and trying to compare feelings is like comparing different people’s loss of their respective grandparents or other loved ones.

I see the series of Uru incarnations somewhat like the coke bottle glasses that magnify a person’s eyes… magnify the windows into the soul. Each person’s loves, attachments, preferences… all reveal a part of their soul, character, personality… whatever and all… to those around them.

Take the glasses… the game… away and much of what was shown disappears. It is not that the soul or person changes, their eyes did not fall out, it’s just what we can see of them that changes.

What we see through the glasses is not perfect or absolute, but parts of the core nature come through, no matter how colored the glass. It is hard to compare how much of a person those parts we can see make of their personality. But we do know how attached we can be of our own dreams and original ideas. Many of us have the experience of allowing our attachments to lead us farther down a …not so good… path. Love gets us in all sorts of trouble and drama. But, few of us have the experience of spending millions of dollars on a dream…

We all have similar experiences in life. Most of us learn the futility and silliness of trying to compare those similar experiences on some competitive measure as we mature. To me the loss of my grandmother cannot be matched by anyone else’s loss. Nor can my loss match their loss of a loved one. We can only assume they are similar and that such losses rank strongly in each person’s individual life experiences and measures of tragedy. We assume others experiences are the same based on our experience, sometimes we are right...

As people visiting Uru, I am sure we have no idea how those creating it feel or where it rates in their life’s experiences. John made a touching video and while we can relate to it and place it on our personal scales… it doesn’t tell us where it fits in his life’s scales. That he found a creative way to express those feelings is great, but it does not tell us he felt more or less that some else.

So, … does Cyan really know how much we care? They probably know... as well as we know how they feel.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:23 am 

Quote:
So, … does Cyan really know how much we care? They probably know... as well as we know how they feel.

well said

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11