It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:36 pm 

Once again I have managed make my way in threw astral projected (or as the military calls it remote Viewing) to Cyan offices although instead of getting flipped off like last time they all seemed to have noticed me and gave me the two fingers (somebody must be British in their) :lol:

After poking about I realized the Delay in the release of Magic Quest was due to a issue that Creative Kingdoms had with Magic Quest ages being converted and used for other purposes, (just a wee bit possessive?) Cyan went back to the drawing board and are now trying to rework Magic Quest so that they are not convertible for other video games as requested by Creative Kingdoms, which is causing a delay in the release of Magic Quest and pushing open source Uru Live back even farther.

One more note of interest, I noticed one PC with an independent Internet connection dedicated to Uru and the numerous programs and additions the fans have been producing for Uru ABM and TPotS. I can only assume they wanna keep an eye on what the fans are doing to the Cyan Brain Child. It appears that this Computer was set up several years ago and has a copy of everything that was ever produced for Uru, from the very beginning.

This has been another Cracked-Pot News Update

See what happens when you don't give us updates Cyan
where forced to make up our own.

IS THEIR A CERAMIC PSYCHOLOGIST IN THE HOUSE.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Karkadann wrote:
IS THEIR A CERAMIC PSYCHOLOGIST IN THE HOUSE.

Nope, just a ceramic priestess

Last edited by Tweek on Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 pm 

What da-ya charge for crackpot repair?

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Ceramic priestess? Is that another name for a chamber pot?

(/me wonders what was in that pic with the inactive account)

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:13 pm 

there is a way of opening it but its a puzzle
From what I saw its from an Asian cartoon, me being a bit dense at times Im not sure about that part

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 am 

It's Kikyo from InuYasha.

I don't really know much about the show, but I know that that's Kikyo, a supposed-to-be-dead-but-isn't-actually-dead-somehow priestess that was the titular character's lover/enemy (?) (I think).

Go show your support to the makers of the Myst film!
www.mystmovie.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:33 pm 

Quote:
a supposed-to-be-dead-but-isn't-actually-dead-somehow

Hmmm as in Resurrection?? another puzzle perhaps??

It sure beats the say so much and nothing at the same time post we have gotten in past.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nope no puzzle, Kikyo was resurrected by a witch demon by using ashes from her grave and mud to basically create a clay body which she then brought to life (hence the ceramic priestess).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:44 pm 

Ohhh I get it, I wonder if that would work with Uru Live using the technical equivalent of ashes and mud?

I'll hafta give it some thought.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:24 pm 

It'd be fitting if Uru were brought back using clay and earth materials, as the original Uru production was codenamed DIRT (D'ni in Real Time) and MUDPIE (Multi-User D'ni Personal Interactive Environment).

But somehow I don't think we should trust a witch demon to give us Uru. I'd rather Cyan Worlds be the ones who give us Uru. There'd be fewer curses placed on us that way.
But yeah - What we have had to work with, and what we've been building on, is the finished form of DIRT/MUDPIE (the original, older Uru production, namely Uru: Complete Chronicles, which is an amalgam of 2003 Uru Prime content and a single-player conversion of 2003's Uru Live content.) So we have DIRT right now and we can play with DIRT, but there was a successor to DIRT/URU:CC in 2007, called MO:UL, which introduced lots of new content and an upgraded game engine (Plasma 2.1 replaced 2.0, and could run on Macs) but died, leaving nothing but ashes. So Uru:CC is the DIRT (clay) and MO:UL is the ashes, and out of those two sources a new form of Uru will come alive, combining the fan-made content system of Uru: Complete Chronicles and the multiplayer capabilities and slightly newer game engine of MO:UL.

Last edited by matthornb on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd love to see something more DIRT like for Uru, start small and work outwards expanding it where needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 pm 

Yeah, DIRT started small and took a while to reach its release - except DIRT was the work of Cyan Worlds and funded by Ubisoft, and what it ended up with (Uru Prime and Uru Live, and the later repackaging of it as singleplayer content) was very much a product of company funding and a professional, highly organized and centralized production team. While Cyan Worlds is key to the next form of Uru as well, especially at first, this time it'll end up being largely dependent on the fans, which makes this version of Uru something very different from DIRT.

Once in the hands of the fanbase, it can't be killed by any publisher or company. It won't be confined to a single official server that can get axed for financial reasons like happened to Uru Live and MO:UL. Instead, it'll be spread across dozens of servers. It'll be adaptable. It'll be decentralized. We can complain all we want about there being many servers for Uru, and the inconsistent quality of the fan-created content, but really the new Uru is a blessing for the fans because it offers us more choices - Cyan's server, or any of dozens of fan servers - and alternate options to fall back on should any one shard or server go under. Once Uru is open source, it'll stay alive as long as there are fans who want it to stay alive. We won't have to go through times like this - without any multiplayer Uru - ever again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:28 pm 

As for starting small - yes, the new Uru will start small, then grow. Tweek's absolutely right about that. It has the potential to become something amazing. But it can't begin growing until it is opened, until it starts. So the question we've all been asking, often impatiently, is when that start will happen. I hope it'll be sometime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:45 pm 

Latest update

An unnamed Employee of Cyan was snooping around in Cyan offices while looking for some Coffee filters and uncovered the ages of Myst 5 in their original form before they were converted for The Final chapter in the Myst series Myst V End of Ages. Unfortunate Uru Live was apparently dropped from the UBI servers before they had a chance to incorporate them in to UBI’s Uru Live One Employee was heard saying “so basically we had about a half a dozen ages in their final stages and after UBI dropped Uru Live (over an unavoidable business decision) we decided to do a little rewriting and release them as a stand alone video game and try to recoup some of our loses” One can only imagine what Uru Live would have been like if Cyan and UBI would have had the time and funding to release the ages of Myst V as originally planned (as part of Uru Live)

Whether or not they still have plans on releasing them as part of Uru live no one is saying. But any one who takes a real close look at Gahreesen and D’ni (to name a few) can see there are parts that where never finished.
In Gahreesen there are rooms with out texture behind closed doors, and a competition game called the Gehreesen wall that was never completely finished for the GameTaps version of Uru Live, In D’ni there are stairs that lead to rooftops again without texture, buildings left hollow and several room that are inaccessible without special help from the GoW, with everything some of the fans have done with Uru I’m surprised no one has taken it upon themselves to finish them, but without Cyan approval even if one did, releasing them to the Myst community might be a bit of a problem.

The possibilities are endless and with that Unique Cyan signature of always leaving parts of an age inaccessible and at the same time leaving that inaccessible part of the age yearning to be explored, it makes to want jump in to the age and hop the barrier that keeping you from exploring it further. We Can only ponder as to what Cyan has up their sleeves for their next major endeavor.

From a business point of view Im sure we all hope Cyan can reestablished themselves in the Gaming world sufficiently to release open source with a minimal of interference from the funding disruptions they have had in the past.

This has been another Cracked Pot News Update

See what happens when you don't give us updates Cyan
where forced to make up our own.

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Tweek wrote:
I'd love to see something more DIRT like for Uru, start small and work outwards expanding it where needed.

Preaching to the Choir Buddy. Preaching to the Choir.

My greatest dream for Uru is that Cyan can/will open source things like Descent and the Cleft so that we can actually go back to the original idea and start out not in Relto, (i could care less at this point wether it was even still a part of the game) but in the Cleft and travel down through Descent, through the tunnels straight into D'ni like we should have all those years ago.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next