It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:35 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:48 pm 

I just got the word and made an account, but the servers were overloaded before I could get in.
I keep checking, but no luck yet =/

I might be bringing some new explorers as well :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm 

I was able to get in last night and again this morning, but it feels both strange and wonderful to be back. All these old memories come over me. It's good to be back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Well, its been a l-o-n-g wait, nearly 670 days. Where has the time gone??

I'm itching to get back in, but everything is stuffed up at the moment until the servers come back up. Coincidentally, I restarted building my Age last week just on the offchance we might see something (and I had a bit of spare time to kill).

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 pm 

I'm excited to be back in the cavern! This is so cool!

I'm telling a bunch of friends, family, etc, about MO:ULagain, I posted a message on Facebook, updated my Uru webpage, etc, started a couple discussions on small adventure gaming sites.

Guys, this has the potential to be the most popular version of Uru yet. It practically promotes itself. How many free games are there that are anywhere near this good? (Answer: Not many.)

The servers are overloaded a lot lately, but that's a good thing. Do we have 50,000 people signing up? 100,000? 200,000?

I get the feeling that Cyan Worlds will be able to find a way to capitalize on this and make some content for it profitably - I'd like to see them develop the story and worlds further. The key is having enough of a market of Uru players playing MO:ULagain, that Cyan can turn a profit selling extras for the game.

I think this could develop into the game we always hoped Uru would be (but which it never was) - an MMO with many players, with a stream of new official content AND a larger stream of fan-made content.

I've got to say, I'm thrilled.

This is a huge, huge step towards what we've wanted to have - now if Cyan can open-source the engine, server code, and 3ds max plugins too - we'll have something even more amazing on our hands...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm hysterical..the servers are down, really, it's all quite okay, I'm just hysterical...it will be fine, I'm just hysterical...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

matthornb wrote:
The servers are overloaded a lot lately, but that's a good thing. Do we have 50,000 people signing up? 100,000? 200,000?

Alas, if those numbers were signing up, Uru would be profitable and wouldn't have folded. I like to dream, though... it could happen!

VidRoth -- KI#50637

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:43 pm 

Julia Sinclair wrote:
I'm hysterical..the servers are down, really, it's all quite okay, I'm just hysterical...it will be fine, I'm just hysterical...

Your hysteria is making me feel hysterical...

I foolishy gave up my chance before to join you all in the Cavern. I will not miss it this time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:39 am 

Got the patcher and waiting login. I feel like I'm running hard against a moving wall, waiting for that opening....yeehaaa!

Post subject: excited
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:57 am 
Obduction Backer

I am very excited about Uru coming back online. I love the stories and worlds that Cyan has created over the years. Exploring Myst, Riven, and Uru, I really feel like I am in a whole different world. I hope the cavern is here to stay; it's been a long time since I've had the chance to get lost in these worlds and I hope to be able to explore them for many years to come.

I am going to make a donation as soon as I get set up with a player name and I hope others will do the same. It would be great if Cyan gets enough support to be able to keep the servers running and push forward with development of the open source project. This could be a turning point for Cyan if we all chip in and support the effort by making a donation.

Great to be back. I haven't spent much time on the forums and didn't get to spend much time online during the brief time that Uru was live before so I don't know many or really any of you. Now that the cavern has opened up again I don't intend to miss the opportunity and look forward to making some new friends.

Post subject: Re: excited
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 pm 

fleet wrote:
I am going to make a donation as soon as I get set up with a player name and I hope others will do the same. It would be great if Cyan gets enough support to be able to keep the servers running and push forward with development of the open source project. This could be a turning point for Cyan if we all chip in and support the effort by making a donation.

Heck I must be crazy, I donated before I created my player name. I'm just THAT excited!!! :D

Post subject: Excitement
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:06 pm 

Maybe it is a good thing that the servers are unable to keep up with us...:)
We are MORE than they think we are...and MORE are coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm back too!! Never really left, but been kinda quiet doing other things. Eager to pick up age writing too and wander around with you all.

Good things are coming in 2010 I'm sure :)

Marcello

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:30 am 

Semi-long ago, I was trolling the internet, searching for a new game to play. Uru Live caught my eye...

Having never played any previous incarnation of Myst, I was surprised and delighted by the beauty of the game. I met a couple of friendly people and had a few good times. Only a few, though, since the game was shut down only two weeks later. I never even got to see the majority of the game.

So I wandered on and tried a few other games, with varying degrees of enthusiasm. Time passed.

Two years later, I was once again trolling the internet, searching for a new game to play. Uru Live crossed my memory...

Either I'm psychic, or something in the cavern is calling me! I hadn't given much thought to Myst Online for two years, but the very instant it became available again I checked this forum purely on a whim.

Looking forward to meeting all of you soon. This time, I'm going to get that Great Zero whatsit working and we'll all have a good time with it. The installer is almost done as I type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:41 pm 

Strigidae wrote:
Either I'm psychic, or something in the cavern is calling me! I hadn't given much thought to Myst Online for two years, but the very instant it became available again I checked this forum purely on a whim.

Ditto ... The cavern calls me ... Who knew ... I'm rushing home to clog up the servers and fix up my Relto. Who knows, even the URU Action News Team may get back together. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:18 am 

I sort of gave up after the last Mysterium when we didn't hear any good news and I stopped even checking the forums and went on with "Real Life" (totally sucks...I don't suggest anyone else attempt this...I am a professional).
After immersing myself in one of the most intense "Real Life" situations ever (Boy Scout Leader...OMG) only to find out that the game is back online.This is a cruel twist of fate, as I now don't have any time to play!
Blast You CYAN ...!!

Hmm...I wonder if I can convince the boy scouts to give out a badge for URU...?

Deb

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next