It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:45 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:16 pm 

Zander_the_Heretic wrote:
Neereus wrote:
Quote:
If Cyan agrees to do this, they essentially forfeit their business in the process.

That would actually be an assumption not be be stated as fact. Cyan is not putting any of their money into Uru at all right now, they are in fact going off donations. If ever the donation money is enough (Cavcon 5?), they could in fact use some of that for the age reviewing process. It'd probably be slow, but could work.

Edit: And just in case it seems like it, not trying to argue, merely making a correction. :D

I may be wrong, but I don't think Whilyam is talking about money as such, but about man-hours and resources, the non-negotiable cost of doing anything that isn't Paid Work. We none of us know exactly how much Paid Work Cyan has at the moment, but anything they do on Uru takes up time and energy, electricity and coffee, that comes out of the firm's expenses but is not bringing anything in. Donations are good, but they're not guaranteed income and they don't come with any of the benefits that Paid Work brings in terms of further business and so on. Cyan needs to survive as a company and so their emphasis needs to be on Paid Work or they'll stop getting it. That's how I read Whilyam's quote anyway.

Right. Resources in general. But in a way you can convert all that into money. Neerus is right that is my opinion, not a fact. I don't see any realistic way that Cyan can keep their canoe from capsizing if they're flailing around managing the community.

I don't think it's realistic to think that donations will maintain their present levels or that they will be substantial enough in the short to medium term to support a Cyan story resurgence. Personally, would prefer they wait even longer and have a really good story and not just a "Bahro are blowing up Urwins" story.

Last edited by Whilyam on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9