It is currently Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:10 am 

Calling them neighborhoods was good enough for Prologue and UU, it's good enough for Live. That Bevin "fits better" according to Rand is silly. Bevin trails off if you have a long enough name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:16 am 
Creative Kingdoms

And "Hood" is shorter than "Bevin".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 am 

Keikoku wrote:
The GZ coordinates could be dealt with by placing the neighbourhoods "out of range" (or does that conflict with existing canon regarding the GZ?).

Actually, it wouldn't bee too bad to remove GZ coords from the hoods, IMO. Actually I have a problem with the lack of GZ coords in most places. I would really like GZ coords in every age (based on the maintainer's marks) (--especially Minkata!), but there should be coords at least for the areas in D'ni, including the Cleft.

By the way, where are GZ coords? I'm getting zeroes from the KI everywhere, even the GZ itself.

JWPlatt wrote:
And "Hood" is shorter than "Bevin".

Depends on the font. In any case, this question appears to be going beyond bug-fix issues. We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:32 pm 

di gama wrote:
By the way, where are GZ coords? I'm getting zeroes from the KI everywhere, even the GZ itself.

Once you've completed the 14 GZ calibration missions, you should get coordinates in the KI whenever you're in the Ae'gura. You might need to return to the KI machine in the GZ after completing the last mission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Keikoku wrote:
Ian Atrus wrote:
But the neighborhoods were not instances, they were actual distinct residential areas in D'ni.

Well, they're instances now. E.g. a GZ marker which is placed in one Bevin instance can be retrieved from any Bevin instance. And all Bevin instances have exactly the same GZ coordinates. This indicates multiple instances rather than distinct locations.

If there are neighbourhoods other than Bevin and Kirel, we can't get to them. The linking book on the left-hand side of the top shelf in Relto takes you to (an instance of) Bevin, not to some arbitrary neighbourhood.

If you want many different neighbourhoods (rather than just instances of Bevin), it's likely to require some non-trivial engine changes to maintain consistency. E.g. ensuring that markers placed in one neighbourhood don't show up in another. The GZ coordinates could be dealt with by placing the neighbourhoods "out of range" (or does that conflict with existing canon regarding the GZ?).

No they're not instances now, the GZ issue and the Coords issue has been around since the beginning, Coords were never fully implemented properly.
Your hood book takes you to an arbitrary hood, not an instance of Bevin.

I've been bugging Rand and Rawa lately trying to get this blasted issue fixed.

Last edited by Tweek on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:28 am 

I think it should be made impossible to stand on rocks. I can't tell you how many times Ive walked over a rock in the Teledahn prison room when I needed to kick it. So frustrating.. That didn't seem to happen on Havoc but the change to PhysX really screwed up that particular puzzle.

Another issue I have is in Ahnonay.. The sounds of the quabs moving along the rock is the same in MOUL as the sound of any avatar foosteps when in CC it was a very different "clacking" sort of sound which makes more sense.

Also in Ahnonay it REALLY bothers me that when shutting off the current in Sphere 1 the surface of the water doesn't go still as it did in CC as evidenced here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB61XXKYqm0

Fear is the mind-killer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:57 am 

Look! If you can't stand on rocks then you can't stand on fire marbles in the hood, nor a cone for that matter and I think that is FUN! Besides. Call a few friends into Teledahn and order them about, and leave the bones alone
;)

Edit: sorry for running OT. I think this is a good initiative. Can the list of stuff reported here may be maintained over att openuru.org ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2