It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which way do you think Cyan should accept fan created content and story?
Cyan should only take the best of the best. This being ages approved by fans popularity and by Cyan's personal review. 24%  24%  [ 31 ]
Cyan should take the most popular ages, content, and storylines the fans have deemed to be the best of the best. They should also check to make sure the age doesn't violate any of their canon or rules. 38%  38%  [ 50 ]
Cyan should allow the most popular fan ages, content, and storylines regardless if they break any rules. The fans speak, Cyan should listen. 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Cyan should allow the most popular fan ages, content, and storylines regardless if they break any rules. The fans speak, Cyan should listen. 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Cyan should allow almost all the fan ages, content, and story lines available. They should only leave out ones that are broken or are of truely sub par quality. 14%  14%  [ 18 ]
Cyan should allow all fan content and storylines. If you don't like something, don't visit it. 17%  17%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 131
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:50 am 

Reading through what a few people think, I decided a poll was in order to get a slightly better gauge on what people think Cyan should do with their MOULa shard when fan made content and story are ready to be added.

Enjoy.

Apology 1: If your opinion does not match any of the options, I'm sorry I didn't have an "Other" option. Just vote for what's closest and make a clarification below. Again sorry for the over sight.

Clarification 1: When I say "...their MOULa shard..." I mean "Their" is Cyan and "MOULa shard" means Cyan's server that they are running. No other future shards are a part of this poll.

Clarification 2: This poll in no way intends to tell Cyan what to do. It is a poll and therefore lacks any authority to tell anyone what to do, and it also doesn't want to do that, thus the nature of a poll. This poll indeed does want to find out what people THINK Cyan should or will do when the time comes for them to accept fan content and story onto Cyan's own MOULa shard. Thus what IS the nature of a poll, that is to find out what most people are thinking on a topic. Please do not attribute any other intentions or abilities to the poll. Thank you.

Clarification 3: This poll is only about Cyan's MOULa shard. This poll does not intend to tell anyone anywhere what to do. It intends to find out what people think Cyan would do with their own shard.

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Last edited by BAD on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Always... :wink:

Don't like it? Don't load it... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 am 
Obduction Backer

you left one out bad and i vote for this one.

Cyan should allow all fan content and storylines that doesn't violate any of their canon or rules.. If you don't like something, don't visit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 am 

MercAngel wrote:

Cyan should allow all fan content and storylines that doesn't violate any of their canon or rules.. If you don't like something, don't visit it.

I voted for Cyan should allow almost all the fan ages, content, and story lines available. They should only leave out ones that are broken or are of truely sub par quality., but I'm more inclined to agree with MercAngel.

Cyan should allow almost all the fan ages, content, and story lines available. They should only leave out ones that are broken or that violate any of their canon or rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:26 am 

Paradox wrote:
MercAngel wrote:

I voted for Cyan should allow almost all the fan ages, content, and story lines available. They should only leave out ones that are broken or are of truely sub par quality., but I'm more inclined to agree with MercAngel.

Cyan should allow almost all the fan ages, content, and story lines available. They should only leave out ones that are broken or that violate any of their canon or rules.

Yeah the second to last was supposed to cover that, but I did the wording wrong. It's essentially saying what you guys are thinking there, but missing the words canon and rules. IF a moderator could possibly change the second to last option to say,

"Cyan should allow all fan ages, content, and storyline that aren't broken or sub par quality and don't violate any of Cyan's canon or rules."

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 am 

Clarification. We are talking exclusively here about what Ages Cyan allows on to its own official server, right? That's assuming Cyan continues to have the resources to run it. It's assumed that there will be other servers where people can do what they will, or what the server admins are willing to let them.

Another missing option:

Cyan should exercise as much or as little control as (a) they want to, and (b) they can. It's up to them, and I have no wish to make unrealistic demands on them, either that they use up resources they need to conserve on keeping their server "pure," or that they throw it open to any old weirdness and throw the backstory out altogether.

That would be my position. I have as much right to say what Cyan "should" do as I have to say what Ages fans "should" Write. Which is to say, none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

I didn't select any of the options because I'm all for each shard owner - be it Cyan or one of us - to decide what goes on their file server. Then people can use the shard that is the most in line with their preferences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zander_the_Heretic wrote:
Clarification. We are talking exclusively here about what Ages Cyan allows on to its own official server, right? That's assuming Cyan continues to have the resources to run it. It's assumed that there will be other servers where people can do what they will, or what the server admins are willing to let them.

Another missing option:

Cyan should exercise as much or as little control as (a) they want to, and (b) they can. It's up to them, and I have no wish to make unrealistic demands on them, either that they use up resources they need to conserve on keeping their server "pure," or that they throw it open to any old weirdness and throw the backstory out altogether.

That would be my position. I have as much right to say what Cyan "should" do as I have to say what Ages fans "should" Write. Which is to say, none.

I'm with Zander on this. So much so that I would most likely not use any other server but Cyan's to enter the cavern. That said, I did not vote above 'cause there's really no close match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm 

Regardless if age creators have what it takes to make something WOW ! (Talent or time and efforts wise),
my only wish (or rule) would be that people should really try to keep their creations in line with the Uru Universe...And graphically, trying to match Cyan esthetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:40 pm 

i like the idea of shard owner discression.. that makes for many flavours of shards like there was before, and paople would then either stick with what they know, or shard hop.

so yea.. dont like it, dont visit it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:18 pm 

I would honestly LIKE for it to be for the best of the best ages and storylines, but in reality know that it won't, and honestly don't care that much. When it boils down to it, with the social aspect of URU as it is, you can stick with the crowds that you want. If you don't want to go to those ages, you don't have to, plain and simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:56 pm 

I voted for the third option.

1) If the community really values canon etc. above all else, the loosest ages will not be popular enough to get added onto Cyan's server.
2) If the community values canon less than other things (e.g. how pretty the age is, how fun the puzzles are, the neat gadgets or games, the accompanying rewards) then there's no reason to forbid an age the community has no real problem with based on canon.

But that would be my own personal server's policy. And Cyan's personal server policy will obviously be that ages Cyan likes will be the only ones that have a shot getting on their server, then the best of those get put on.

So this poll really should be "How would you run an OSMO server in regards to fan-created content?" and remove the Cyan aspect. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:06 pm 

Robert The Rebuilder wrote:
I didn't select any of the options because I'm all for each shard owner - be it Cyan or one of us - to decide what goes on their file server. Then people can use the shard that is the most in line with their preferences.

Teknobubba wrote:
I'm with Zander on this. So much so that I would most likely not use any other server but Cyan's to enter the cavern. That said, I did not vote above 'cause there's really no close match.

Please read clarification 2. This poll is in no way designed to tell any shard owner (especially Cyan) what to do. This is a speculative poll only to gauge peoples opinions. While it is noble to state that you will go along with whatever shard owners do and say about their own shards, it is perfectly fine to tell us what *you think* Cyan *Will do* with their shard.

I can assure you without any doubt in my mind that Cyan and other shard owners will absolutely decide for themselves what they accept on their servers. This poll does not posses any powers of persuasion and isn't a hypnotist. ;)

Not voting, however defeats the purpose of the poll. Your opinion is not heard, and thus the poll is deprived of it's favorite thing. Data.

I know it's not a perfect poll, and I wish a Mod could add an "other" option, or change the one I asked to be changed in a post earlier but it is what it is. Thank you for your participation. :)

Visit our new site!

SOUP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

OK - I chose option 5 (allow everything). The other options can't be exercised at the moment because we have no way to see if an age is broken or insufficient until it goes on Cyan's servers - that's the only way to test it. So, if they adopted one of the other 4 options, their servers would be devoid of fan ages.

Maybe later on down the line when there are other servers for testing, Cyan could do one of the more restrictive options. But it must be 5 for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm 

Don't like it, don't load it. There is no sensible argument for why this won't be effective.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next