It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:09 am 

Shorah everyone. I would just like to say thank you Cyan for making some of the greatest games I have ever played. For me, it all started in the Spring of 1995. Myst had been out for almost 2 years and my mom had heard about it from a friend. So she bought it and played Myst till she got stuck on Selenitic. I was about 7 then and tried to help her out. She quickly gave up like many have done, but I quickly took up the challenge. After finally finishing the game, I was hooked. I needed more, needed to know more, needed to know how Atrus was able to make those books, and more importantly I wanted to explore more. Jump to 1998, I was browsing the computer games section at a local game shop, and there it was Riven. I begged my mom to buy it for me, after a couple of weeks of nonstop begging she caved. I had another fix. Even this was not enough for me. Then I discovered The Book of Atrus. I quickly nabbed a copy and read it non-stop till I nearly had it memorized. Since then I have read all the books, played every game (including the different versions) and have tried hunting down the failed comic book. Now I am 21 and a father of 2 very lovely and intelligent girls. My oldest is three and loves playing URU with me whenever we get a chance. She actually gets mad if we don’t have enough time to play lol. I know this is a bit TLDR but I just wanted to let the community and Cyan know how much the Myst franchise has meant to me and still crave more.

I wasnt sure where to post this so please forgive me if this isnt the right board

MOULa KI # 04178211

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 am 

Oh wow, what a delightful story and we share almost the same path you did, in fact we wanted almost nothing to do with other games unless it was Myst like. Our first attempts were without walk throughs and to this day we refuse to use them to solve the puzzles. I say we, the game has been more then kind to us for I met my wife in Prologue from 5,000 miles apart and today we live in bliss, thanks to Myst and the great folks at Cyan.

May you have many happy days in the Cavern and we hope to meet you there someday. Cheers, Sophia and Murray :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

Welcome to the forums and the Myst Online community!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I love playing vid games with my kids!!! Much nicer than watching a re-run of some horrible teeny bopper show on TV.

I could see your kids using some elements of Uru and Myst to create some lovely art projects for school. So many beautiful and inspiring images!

My kids also liked playing Spyro (small amounts of that tho, the camera views can get a little wierd), Kingdom Hearts, (not til age 10 or more, depends on your kids), Pikmin (nice if you need to segment their game time in a structured way), Zelda (I prefer age 12 and up for that one), and for online games where you want the kids to feel safe, Club Penguin for age 8-12.

It would be interesting to have your kids not assist you in solving any of the puzzles, just help you explore after the puzzles are all solved. Then let then create their own avi, and see how far they can go by themselves. They would know what it is supposed to look like, so would need to figure out how to get there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 am 

So far we only play Portal, the Myst series, Pokemon Platinum, and sometimes a Mario game. So far she's only interested in "pretty" games (her words lol) love exploring the cavern with her. She's always so curious about the different books, the markers, and even the music. It just amazes me how much she catches on, especially for a three year old. Can't wait to show her a Bahro when we eventually see one.

MOULa KI # 04178211

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]