It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi all,
In one of the threads on the "talk about Uru" section of the forum, a feature request came up. The new feature is the ability to kick someone out of a private age of yours, let's say your Relto, if you shared your Relto book with them. The idea was that you'd do this with a message like command -- /kick out. You can see the reason for it. Perhaps you invited them into yoru Relto, your private age, and now they just won't leave, and they are messing around with your books! As far as I can tell, this would involve changes on both the client and server side.

So, a nice request for enhancement, if and when we get open source. What should I do about it? Should I put in a support ticket to Cyan, or are there any open source people keeping lists?

Lobbying for this feature -- given that we have not ResEngs or GMs -- no one working for Cyan to help a a player, I think that doing this programatically is a good idea.

What should I do to get this on someone's list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm 

I don't know that there is 'a' list. At least I don't remember any just now. Getting individuals to include it in their personal lists is a matter of probably asking each person.

The only alternative I can think of is to look through the threads of 'features wanted' and add the idea. Also look at GoW and OpenUru.org for the sections of those forums that discuss changes, additions, and feature requests and add it there too.

...or plan to add the feature yourself when we get to open source.

I suspect some are collecting lists. Some lists are public. The OpenUru.org wiki has a section for new starting locations and game openings. But, I don't think we have a comprehensive list. That is just part of the chaos of forums.

A quick Google on "Uru open source feature requests" yields some interesting results.

Nalates - GoC - 418 - MOULa I: Nal KI#00 083 543, MOULa II: KI#00 583 875Nalates 111451 - Second Life: Nalates Urriah
Guild of Cartographers Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 pm 

I think its easy to do without changing a thing in the server so you can just change the client python code.

Way back when, I found that the the chat system has a few hidden channels that are hidden from view to the user.

You could alter one of these channels to be a simple input system from other avatars.

Someone types /kick DarK (I mean who won't want to kick me ;) )

That command actually PM's my avatar on a hidden channel which is then picked up by the chat command system and forces a link to Relto via some code.

To stop people abusing it, you prevent linking on both ends if the avatars are in a public age. So any abusers need to circumvent both their own client and the target avatar client.

There may be another message system that people have figured out since, but as basic method it should work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
mszv wrote:
What should I do to get this on someone's list?

Figure out who is capable of creating this; get an invite to their Relto and then make a pest of yourself. :wink:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]