It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm 

lunanne wrote:
Great idea! Apart from the fact that the newspaper had to stop in December because there weren't enough people to work on it and we( messengers) haven't been able to form a new team.

Sorry for my sarcasm, this isn't personal against you.

Don't worry. ;-)

But I'm sure that if such an initiative had an official outlet (e.g. the Tokotah desk), many more explorers would know about it and be happy to contribute!

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

To be fair, Uru is a game with an old interface. It didn't occur to me to want any of the new grouping, chatting, coming together options until I saw them in other places. I don't think this desire to add social functionality is exclusively due to companies/instituations wanting to jump on the money bandwagon. I think that, sometimes, when you see features you like in one application, you want it in another.

I'm read, time and time again, on this forum and in other places, that, for many people (not all, Zander!) -- after all the puzzles are solved, many people stay for the people, the social interaction, the being with other people in a beautiful online world. Assuming this is true (again, not for everyone) I think it would be great if it was easier to connect with people. The idea of being able to manage and talk to multiple groups -- I think that's wonderful.

Then again -- I hated that KI the first time I was in the beta, years ago, and I still hate it. Even for 7 year old (at a minimum) functionality -- I think it's bad. I think that Cyan sacrificed functional for pretty. But, that's me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 am 
Obduction Backer

I'm still awaiting Dr.CrisGer in this opinion..IF that is what I believe it is....lol (/me goes back to play dads' first favorite,,,Omikron)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3