It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:12 am

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
hey i was really wondering that in the near parth and future is it actually possible to create "Tomahna" the home of altris
is it possibe to actually create it ???


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 pm
Posts: 157
It depends on what you mean by "possible", what you mean by "actually create", and possible for whom.

Cyan could, in principle, create Tomahna and add it to MOULagain. Doing so would probably take up enough of their resources that they would go out of business.

If you're asking for IC roleplaying purposes, then the answer is no, you cannot Write a Link to a specific existing Age. Yeesha might be able to, but no one else.

If you want to create a playable version of Tomahna yourself in something like Minecraft or the homebrew system used for the end of Surprise in Minkata, then you should get an FCAL first.

If you want to create a playable version of Tomahna yourself for the Uru engine, then not only will you need to get an FCAL first, but you won't be able to test your Age until Cyan open-sources some more tools, and in addition you'll need to somehow get hold of a legal copy of 3dsmax 7, which has been out of print for years.

_________________
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: ok.
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
ok so like lets say cyan makes a project for this but prepar to start it in 2 years when they have the resources to do it. Is it actually possible ? to create it ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 pm
Posts: 157
I don't see any reason why not, although that doesn't mean they'd necessarily want to.

_________________
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: PRO!
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
awesome like lol if i post what is below they could prob steel this from me so either way its a awesome idea



Myst URU Classics

Age's Include

Tomahna
Origional Myst Island Remade To Digital Standards Of Myst URU
All Myst Uru Ages

+ Bonus Pack

All Of Myst The end of the age's remade for uru

New story line that no one has ever known to continue the story of the Cavern


lol this is how to get some BIG money !


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:22 pm
Posts: 520
Location: relto
Pavitra wrote:
It depends on what you mean by "possible", what you mean by "actually create", and possible for whom.

Cyan could, in principle, create Tomahna and add it to MOULagain. Doing so would probably take up enough of their resources that they would go out of business.

If you're asking for IC roleplaying purposes, then the answer is no, you cannot Write a Link to a specific existing Age. Yeesha might be able to, but no one else.

If you want to create a playable version of Tomahna yourself in something like Minecraft or the homebrew system used for the end of Surprise in Minkata, then you should get an FCAL first.

If you want to create a playable version of Tomahna yourself for the Uru engine, then not only will you need to get an FCAL first, but you won't be able to test your Age until Cyan open-sources some more tools, and in addition you'll need to somehow get hold of a legal copy of 3dsmax 7, which has been out of print for years.


Actually cyan really wouldn't need to create it. A explorer could create it if one had the skill to do so and time. Also in a IC since one could write a link to another version of Tomahna. It may or may not be exactly the same, but it could be done.

when it comes to the art of writing the word "NO" isn't something that is used allot. Unless you refuse to allow people to have an imagination. anything is possible.

_________________
We keep moving forward,
openning up new doors and doing new things,
Because we're curious... and curiosity keeps
leading us down new paths

Walt Disney

Keep moving forward


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
hey but what do you think of the actual idea of it like actually having Myst Uru Classics ????


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Posts: 671
Tomahna is part of D'ni/Earth so IC only Yeesha would be able to write a link to it. The events of Myst 3 and 4 are only loosely considered canon so Tomahna was something Ubisoft created, not Cyan. Also as a part of the story those events happed over 200 years before the present day which is when Uru takes place so Tomahna would have been long abandoned and most likely buried in the desert sands somewhere.

_________________
MOUL KI# 10281985
MOULa KI# 1492059

Fear is the mind-killer


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:54 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 pm
Posts: 157
goofy wrote:
when it comes to the art of writing the word "NO" isn't something that is used allot. Unless you refuse to allow people to have an imagination. anything is possible.

There are indeed very few limits to what the Art can accomplish, and none of them apply to Yeesha. There are limits, though, and with the sole exception of Yeesha they are hard rules.

However --
Loshem wrote:
Tomahna is part of D'ni/Earth so IC only Yeesha would be able to write a link to it. The events of Myst 3 and 4 are only loosely considered canon so Tomahna was something Ubisoft created, not Cyan. Also as a part of the story those events happed over 200 years before the present day which is when Uru takes place so Tomahna would have been long abandoned and most likely buried in the desert sands somewhere.

You could travel to Tomahna by mundane means (provided you could locate it somehow first), write a Linking Book there, and put the Book in some other Age. You wouldn't be "creating" Tomahna in any sense, but you would be able to Link there.

goofy wrote:
Actually cyan really wouldn't need to create it. A explorer could create it if one had the skill to do so and time. Also in a IC since one could write a link to another version of Tomahna. It may or may not be exactly the same, but it could be done.

This would also work. You wouldn't be Linking to the "real" Tomahna, and none of the buildings or machines or anything would be there, and it probably wouldn't be an exact copy (Writing rarely results in an Age exactly like the Writer imagined), but it would work.



Anyway...
jlhughes wrote:
Myst URU Classics

Age's Include

Tomahna
Origional Myst Island Remade To Digital Standards Of Myst URU
All Myst Uru Ages

+ Bonus Pack

All Of Myst The end of the age's remade for uru

New story line that no one has ever known to continue the story of the Cavern


lol this is how to get some BIG money !

I'm not persuaded. How is that fundamentally different from what Cyan actually did during the Gametap era, which wasn't profitable enough even to stay open?

_________________
Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: kk
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
hey it was just a idea but lol even though if you think about it in the present day it would still be pritty awesome lol maybe you could make it so like you yes rewrite the age but set it in the present day and that you would have to go in to repair it. that would be pretty interesting :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 11:04 pm
Posts: 558
Location: Atlantis
there is already a link to Tomahna and altris home is not far from it but you only get to see it in 2 of the myst games.
[spoiler]
Yeesha wrote:
An ending has been written? You've done all that has been asked. You've traveled the full circle. You have returned to the Cleft through the fissure. You swam among the stars and saw the remnants of previous journeys. You have returned, and the pillars were returned, and now one more of the Bahro, the least, has been returned to D'ni. You don't need to understand what that means, only that the hand of the Maker has set it in motion.

Now the circle is complete, and the tree has begun to grow again. The path is now open, and so the symbol of the journey must change. Now the beginning is tied to the end. (draws shell symbol in the air) Now you can go where you wish. The restoration of D'ni awaits. The deep city breathes. Uru again.

And I will be concerned with other things. The least are becoming greater. They will now also affect the restoration, perhaps not the way others have planned.

You've learned about the pride of D'ni. The great writers of worlds were infected with pride that became a cancer. It grew quietly beneath the surface, but it grew until D'ni could live no more.

But those things have been told. You understand it well, I think. Let us end this cycle with rewards before we start the next cycle.

Relto. The high place.[1] Your age now. It was the first age I wrote, a gift for my parents, and now much more. It reminds me of another home, another place. I even placed the library in the place it belongs.

But Relto will change. It will be your soul, showing what you are. Only I could write Relto. It is beyond what the D'ni could accomplish. Keep it.

And I've given you clothing that represents your journey. Wear this to show others what side you've taken, when sides are taken. When you wear it you will tell all that you side with us, with Yeesha, with the Bahro. It will not always be easy.

And another gift is here, a link to the Cleft, here in Tomahna. You haven't been able to return here, but now you can. This book will take a special place on your shelf. This place is not meant to be shared. Return here alone when you wish to remember the cycle of things.
[/spoiler]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
wait i thought the cleft was on earth but is it actually in tomahna or wait how does this work ??? is tomahna on earth two or is it just the cleft or is it both ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 3:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:05 am
Posts: 152
Both the cleft and Tomahna are located on Earth, yes.

_________________
quahog42 | theclam | lazugod


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
Wow well now I see the whole picture tomahna was built over 200 years ago and is now berried somewhere modern sivilation found the cleft along with dn'i lol now I get it ! ! ! :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: WOW
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am
Posts: 20
Wow well now I see the whole picture tomahna was built over 200 years ago and is now berried somewhere modern sivilation found the cleft along with dn'i lol now I get it ! ! ! :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: