It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Cyd wrote:
reset the relto-page with the logs and rocks.

Agreed. I hate the inability to move those things!

Lord Chaos wrote:
It might also be helpful to wriite one that puts the Minkata futbol back in its starting location, for those folks who have lost theirs... :)

That's a feature, not a bug. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 pm 

@Paladin: Nice work! I've found my marbles and feel a little less crazy. Are you up for comments/concerns/critiques, or is this not the place?

<doing my happy dance> <---Why isn't there a smilie for that? :lol:

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

A way to reset the kickables in your hood would be lovely as well. We spent days trying to get a firemarble out of the book room until if poofed outside randomly.

Not sure if this would be okay though considering it's a public location.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:59 pm 

Loirae wrote:
@Paladin: Nice work! I've found my marbles and feel a little less crazy. Are you up for comments/concerns/critiques, or is this not the place?

<doing my happy dance> <---Why isn't there a smilie for that? :lol:

I am always up for comments and critiques.

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:04 pm 

First, understand that I come from a hardware/software suppoert background, but not a programming one. The closest I've come to programming is a couple complex macros in Word, and some really great formulas in Excel. So it's possible that my concerns simply can't be address due to the limitations of C++ or whatever you are are using.

1) My biggest concern is that it requires my username and password. I don't like giving that to anyone (anything) outside of the actual cyan/MOUL program. I don't know you. I like you. I like your willingness to help and the fact that you came up with a fix for my problem, but I don't know you. I tell my kids never to give out personal info or passwords - I should be the example, right?

I do understand that the files where the relto info is stored are on the server and not local, so it makes sense that you'd have to log me in to connect to the fire marble data. However, it would make me feel better if it could be arranged that I log in via the Uru executable and then Alt+tab out and run your program. Perhaps it's not possible, but since your program already checks for a connection (I know because I DID log into URU first to see if it would piggyback on that entry point to get the message I was already logged in) I wonder if it could be looked into.

For now, I reset my password to a dummy one through the urulive site, run your program, then go back and reset my password to something more secure. Then cross my fingers and hope your program doesn't have some deep dark torjan horse.... did I mention I'm paranoid? :lol:

2) There is a Dos window that comes up alongside your dialog window. Your "restore fire marbles" button - or whatever it said - can be pushed while things are running in the Dos window. Perhaps that was just local communicating with server, but it was confusing. I kept thinking I shoud wait.

3) It would be really helpful if there was a follow up dialog box indicating "Fire Marbles Have Been Reset" or "You've found your marbles" or something indicating a succussful restoration....restoration... "The DRC informs you that fire marbles in your relto have been restored"

OK, now for the Pros:

1) It totally works! all my marbles are back in place. That in itself makes the rest of it worth it.

2) The ease of use is great! Very to the point to get it started. Regardless of the confusion mentioned in #2 and #3 above, it is pretty much very strightforward. a) login b) push the button that says restore page. Done.

I feel like I should have one more so there are equal number of pros and cons. But honestly Pally, The facst that it works is weighted for about 3 extra points.

3) It works
4) It works
5) It works

Thanks for your work.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 pm 

1) Unfortunately, there's no way to piggy back on the Cyan client's login. If we had a more open client, I could just drop a new python file in your Uru directory and send the messages from there, but for now a separate login is all I can do. I can say I don't have any reason to steal logins - once you're logged in as any user, there's no security server-side to prevent you from affecting another user - the server assumes it can trust the client.

2) I thought I managed to hide that DOS window >_>. I'll double-check my build settings. But yeah all that stuff scrolling past is debug output from the server communication. Feel free to ignore it.

3) I considered that, but because the operation takes a very short time period, I decided disabling the "Quit" button while it was running was easier. Once the "Quit" button is clickable again, the reset is done. I can see how that might not be clear to someone who's not me, though. I can add a dialog easily enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 pm 

double-posting, but...

Version 1.1 is out! now with Relto logs/rocks support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:38 pm 

Pally, once more a huge thanks. No sooner have I found my marbles and enjoyed kicking them around and listening to the tink tink tink, and I sent one through a wall...scratch that... into a wall. Still there. Look at the glow. But totally unrecoverable. Until MOUL Fixer!

You're my hero.

Eruwaedhiel KI#06430187

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looks like I'll have to get this one.. hooray, my firemarbles will finally return!

Next step then is custom input files or something (with some sanity parsing I suppose) along the lines of the old /conehenge things. Like we edit the file and in turn it spawns them in a ring above the spire, or the hut, or maybe atop the tree like decorations... they don't fall until touched, do they?

Still, getting them back is nice. I can kick with wild abandon again! :D

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 pm 

My yellow marble is back! Yay!

Thanks for writing this program.

But you might want to add a readme, because I wan't sure where to put the files. And you should warn people they have to login in... Otherwise they might think you're trying to steal accounts. Of course you don't, I'm not saying you are! But still you should warn people...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:16 pm 

Drago1303 wrote:
And you should warn people they have to login in... Otherwise they might think you're trying to steal accounts.

Having a warning wouldn't change peoples views. People are tought to never login to 3rd party tools with your login for a game, so warning them that you have to login with your account wouldn't change there views on the subject. But as you can't really do anything with stolen URU accounts (Its not like you could sell them on ebay and have people buy them) there is virtually no chance anyone would bother to even try to steal your account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:48 pm 

Interesting "fixer" app.

Thanks for posting it and the link to the source great way to break in a new compiler.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lord Chaos posted something about Minkata...and as I was replying to it it was deleted...poo...Yes Minkata futbol (/me thinks that funny) back and logs in Relto (So yes you can deny I even saw that post...lol)

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:29 pm 

great idea.

1. Make this tool able to reset relto objects

2. make this tool to reset Minkata soccerball to orignal position
a) make this tool ( auto fixes ) the Minkata Sparkly!!!

3. option to reset Hood objects ( only Hood owner can reset )
a) able to reset billy the beach ball, without leaving the Hood.

4. if possible, fix avy jumping, so we can jump like we used to. (auto fix)

5. If possible, fix gareseen so we can step into the wall room entrance shoot and get the Maintainers suit :lol: :twisted:

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:27 pm 

VoiZod wrote:
great idea.
2. a) make this tool ( auto fixes ) the Minkata Sparkly!!!
4. if possible, fix avy jumping, so we can jump like we used to. (auto fix)

5. If possible, fix gareseen so we can step into the wall room entrance shoot and get the Maintainers suit :lol: :twisted:

These are file fixes, so even if MoulFixer changed them, they would be overwritten by the server. So without Cyan able/willing to accept patches, these can't be fixed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next