It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:35 pm 

I'm still having problems opening Plasmaclient, nothing but a clear window comes up, then it disappears straight away. Would using Windows 7 be part of the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:02 pm 

sarpedon2 wrote:
I'm still having problems opening Plasmaclient, nothing but a clear window comes up, then it disappears straight away. Would using Windows 7 be part of the problem?

I've used windows 7 for testing, so I doubt that's the problem. Generally failure to launch means your firewall is killing the network connection, which PlasmaClient handles completely un-gracefully, or a graphics driver that lacks a required feature (again, not something PlasmaClient handles nicely). Not all hardware that can run MOULagain can run PlasmaClient - I've chosen to use some slightly more modern features that make my life easier as a programmer at the expense of some compatibility.

So... what's your firewall/antivirus situation, and what graphics card are you using?

When I was your age, we rocket-jumped up hill both ways in boiling lava.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm 

I'm using Norton 360 as my anti-virus/firewall and it usually notifies me when its gonna block something. I have however integrated graphics, Intel g41 express chipset but I will be upgrading to an Sapphire ATI Radeon 5570 HD. Does anyone know if Plasma client work well with ATI Radeon cards or Intel g41 express chipset?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:32 pm 

My windows machine has a variant of Norton (not sure which, it's whatever my ISP gives out for free) and I've not had any issues with it killing PlasmaClient.

The G41 is fairly modern, and supposedly it supports the features I use, but Intel's drivers are known to be very buggy and only work correctly if you do things in a very particular fashion. I've heard far too many horror stories of them failing on things that are legal according to the OpenGL specification. I'm inclined to blame the Intel drivers here.

The ATI card should work marvelously, though - Yootay uses a Radeon HD of some sort, and it runs well for him. Currently NVIDIA cards are slightly more performant with PlasmaClient, but we'll try to sort out what the issue there is, and hopefully ATI will be up to par.

On the note of Intel drivers/chipsets: I don't have the time, hardware, or motivation to deal with the mess that is Intel GPUs, but if someone with an Intel chipset and some development experience (doesn't have to be OpenGL specifically, it's easy to pick up) wants to try and get things running on them, I'd be very happy to accept a patch or 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm 

Thanks for the info, I'll be glad to get a new graphics card, I hope it just fixes alot of graphical issues I'm having with Uru atm, especially water not appearing in Er'Cana.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am trying to build it under Arch. I installed the Bullet libraries (they're in /usr/include/bullet), but CMake keeps aborting:

Code:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Bullet (missing: BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  FindBullet.cmake:65 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

I tried exporting BULLET_ROOT, BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR but no luck. How would I tell it where to look?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:08 am 

I would guess, then, that Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset would be right out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:01 am 
Obduction Backer

dragossh wrote:
I installed the Bullet libraries (they're in /usr/include/bullet), but CMake keeps aborting:

Code:
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91 (MESSAGE):
  Could NOT find Bullet (missing: BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  FindBullet.cmake:65 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

I tried exporting BULLET_ROOT, BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR but no luck. How would I tell it where to look?

BULLET_INCLUDE_DIR et al aren't environment variables that you'd export; they're flags you'd pass to cmake. Try:

Code:
cmake -DBULLET_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include/bullet

plus any other flags you may want to set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 am 

Jairden wrote:
I would guess, then, that Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset would be right out?

You can try it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.

dragossh: I just got online and saw I missed you in IRC... Rainbow's got it exactly right.

And thanks rainbow for being on top of things :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:47 am 

plasmaclient.info will be going down briefly tonight (probably around midnight US-pacific time) for updates. It shouldn't be down for more than a few minutes, but I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:37 am 

I just installed the most recent port of PCLauncher hoping it would fix my black screen of death problem. But unfortunately on startup I am always stuck at a black screen with entering text as my only option. I can't do any commands either. What do I do to fix this?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm on an Intel MacBook with a Intel GMA 950 graphics card, using Uru Live for the data files and I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.5 with Macports, Xcode and Wine installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 am 

fyxa wrote:
I just installed the most recent port of PCLauncher hoping it would fix my black screen of death problem. But unfortunately on startup I am always stuck at a black screen with entering text as my only option. I can't do any commands either. What do I do to fix this?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm on an Intel MacBook with a Intel GMA 950 graphics card, using Uru Live for the data files and I'm running Mac OSX 10.6.5 with Macports, Xcode and Wine installed.

I'm inclined to blame your GMA 950 for this. Unfortunately I don't have a mac of any sort, so I can't do any testing of my own to try and help you with it. There are others who have had it running on macs - my suggestion is to look through this thread and maybe PM any of them, ask if they have an intel chipset in any of their computers that they can test on.

Also, once Rainbow gets the 0.0.4 release setup on mac ports, give it a try - sometimes bugs get fixed without any effort just through the normal development process. No guarantees on that front, though.

Last edited by PaladinOfKaos on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 am 

0.0.4a* has been released! This release mostly includes performance improvements, up to 20x the framerate in some cases (though usually not that good).

This release also fixes buggy avatar position updates, the dreaded "blank screen" bug on Windows (should already have been fixed on mac in the 0.0.3 release there), and makes improvements in mouse and keyboard handling for movement controls.

Sorry about the delay between the Guild Meeting and this note, I was busy doing Fun House stuff :)

*0.0.4 had a crash bug which was discovered after I had tagged it, so I had to tag a new release after I fixed it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:14 pm 

I've finally gotten plasma client to work now with my new graphics card but I've hit a roadblock, I can't leave my Relto and can't access the hut. This may be a noobish question but are there any certain commands needed to be typed or certain things to do so I can get to other ages?

edit: nevermind :lol:

edit:I've tried using the /link to link to other ages but it just doesn't work, I press enter and nothing shows up on the chat screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can only link to certain ages, and you have to spell their names a certain way. For example, try "/link Ercana" (no quotes); you have to capitalize the E, lowercase the rest of the name, and omit the apostrophe.

Have Ages, and link to them without bindings. [Words 1:13]
Seltani

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next