It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to get on?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:30 pm 

So when things get online again how will we get on? Will there be an update to the existing game allowing people to access the various servers, or will there be a new program to download?

~-To me, the Stranger will always be a photographer from California-~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

I suspect you'll need a new patcher for the client which can connect to the new server location(s), so a fresh download from wherever things end up being hosted will be necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:25 am 

I have kept all the information from MOUL it's on my desktop...all my information, I hope is held therein. Is it necessary to keep this to download to the new Uru? Can any of that information be transferred? It's definitely filling up my hard drive, but I don't want to get rid of ANY of it...
Does anyone know what exactly we will need to play in the Cavern again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:31 am 
Obduction Backer

In reverse order - no-one knows yet: maybe next week. I think you may have saved yourself a lot of time and trouble by keeping your MOUL data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would think patching the international client would be easy however the gametap client would have to be totally redownloaded unless turner are going to give up the encryption key.

Doubt that somewhat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:01 pm 

Samsbase wrote:
I would think patching the international client would be easy however the gametap client would have to be totally redownloaded unless turner are going to give up the encryption key.

Doubt that somewhat

MOUL was not encrypted on GameTap because you had to have an account and log in to play. Before it was removed from the catalog you could copy files to/from the Uru folder.

Unless Cyan re-compiles the client when they release it we'll have to do that anyway since the servers it used to connect to don't exist and there are currently no servers it can talk to. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Well, it's pretty well guaranteed you'll need to download a new client or two, to make them connect to different auth server, different data server, different hosting server (AKA shard).
And then re-download files according to those setups for each.

We'll probably need to recode it ourselves to make it run across different shards and different file lists.. but at first it'll probably be a modified compile of the MOUL standard designed to let us on to multiple shards somehow all running the one single fileset we get.

We don't know enough details yet to tell how most of it will work when we get it, much less in the future.

MOULa KI: #00027582 #7425022
100% Authentic Gondar! Accept no substitutes, imitations, or knock-offs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 am 

Unicorn wrote:
I have kept all the information from MOUL it's on my desktop...all my information, I hope is held therein. Is it necessary to keep this to download to the new Uru? Can any of that information be transferred? It's definitely filling up my hard drive, but I don't want to get rid of ANY of it...
Does anyone know what exactly we will need to play in the Cavern again?

Get another hard drive, they're as cheap as chips and your old one's going to fail sooner rather than later.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:33 am 
Obduction Backer

My old pc died a noble and brilliant death in a flash of light, and upon close inspection, had a tiny bubble of melted plastic in the middle of the cpu. Have been using an ordinary but do-able Dell for a little over a year now.

So I do not even have any of the Uru's down loaded on to my pc!
I thought about re-loading them, but I got all verklempt, and couldnt face looking at Uru without the online component just quite yet.

So, will "Myst/Utu Complete Chronicles", need to be down loaded first?
Or would my original "Uru: Ages BeyondMyst" be better?
Or would it be better to get a brand new copy?

Then after that, will there be some sort of Ki system, similar to the first year of Until:Uru (which is the year I missed,....I caught only the second part) ? Or will we just click the "Play" button here at the top of the page! (Thats what I would adore most!! LIke a dream come true.)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]