It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:53 pm 

Hi, i know that there are already a few topics about this, but there is always standing "press on play at the top and everything is alright".
Now my problem is that there is no link to a download or something like this when i press play.
There is just standing that Myst is Open Source and that fans are working on it, nothing else. Is this so correct or is something not working for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:17 pm 

Currently there is nothing to download. Cyan is waiting on one of their previous employees to get back with them about making some changes to the source code before they can release it to us. Until then we're stuck here on these forums. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 pm 

Oh ok, sorry :lol: I thought the code was already aviable for download. Anyway, thx for response i hope they release it soon :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welcome to the forums though! ;) I hope it will be available soon, but right now no one knows when exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:15 am 

they need to update it still
presently it reads
Quote:
At this point, it is not possible to play Myst Online: Uru Live. We are working with the fans to bring the ever-expanding Uru universe back online. It is hard to tell when this will happen but the target is to have places to visit and explore by this spring (2009).

however it would be less misleading if it read something like

Quote:
At this point, it is not possible to play Myst Online: Uru Live. We are working with the fans to bring the ever-expanding Uru universe back online with an open source format. It is hard to tell when this will happen however we hope to have places to visit and explore sometime in the future.

this way there is no deadline and less misleading

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:48 am 
Obduction Backer

Another release of 'Back to the Future? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Delays happen. Personally, if the reason for the delay has to do with the code, I will gladly wait and stick to offline as long as is needed. I've seen too many "buggy" things released because they were rushed to meet a deadline (Nothing Myst-related, though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

0fullmetal0 wrote:
Delays happen. Personally, if the reason for the delay has to do with the code, I will gladly wait and stick to offline as long as is needed. I've seen too many "buggy" things released because they were rushed to meet a deadline (Nothing Myst-related, though)

*Cough*Microsoft*Cough*

Ki #782729

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:49 pm 

0fullmetal0 wrote:

Still, even something buggy that we could work on would be better than nothing at all :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]