It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:10 pm 

Well Im stumped, I still cant get into the microwave. I got both sets of numbers but have not been able to combine them properly. also puzzles two and six have avaded me, Im guessing on of them is in the microwave but I dont know

Please help

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

This is totally off topic, but I have to say this page looks really strange with only one item on it. :shock: Congratulations on posting the very first topic, Karkadann.

I'm greatly intrigued by this microwave business...

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:11 pm 

its from here I didn't know whether to ask the mods to move the thread or post a new one, any way I believe its a puzzle from 2005 and unfortunately the only links that work are the jigsaw puzzle, and I don't know who to ask as far as getting the rest of the game running. but its still a real cool game and would be a great addition to D'ni in the new Uru live but the office is set inside of one of the buildings in D'ni I assume it would require some graphical manipulation of the original game, im not sure but I believe only the holder of the copyright can do that at this point.

But one can only hope and time will tell.

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm 

Karkadann wrote:
Well Im stumped, I still cant get into the microwave... Please help

:lol: That just made me burst out laughing. Are these places/puzzles available for download anywhere by any chance? I feel I have to enter the microwave now. :)

TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

If only the game were multiplayer and I could get into the microwave, then..... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am afraid I can't help with the Microwave puzzle. . . . the information needed to solve the puzzle of the "combination" is in Nick's journal on the laptop and the link is no longer active, I have hunted for my notes, and can't find them, and yes #6 Jigsaw is in there, I believe. I can give you a hint for the # nine, but I wonder if you realize that there are clues on the back of each of the pieces as to where the puzzle is hidden. . . . . . . if that clue doesn't help then here's a tiny spoiler ;) . . . . . . . . . . . try looking under the pillow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow, blast from the past. :) I did a bit of beta testing for the D'ni History Puzzle. Futographer and his team did such a great job on it, though by the time it was released I wasn't around a lot and I never did complete it.

Futographer spearheaded so many cool and interesting puzzles and projects for the community over the years. There was all his interactive charts on D'ni places, flora and fauna, his detailed maps from when he was Grand Master of the Guild of Cartographers, Sharper's Spyroom Puzzle, his incredible translated version of Aitrus' map...the list goes on and on.
The best part of it all was how involved he got the community. He encouraged everyone to contribute and kept the group focused and on task. The results are spectacular, I think, and we all had a great time contributing. It's a shame he isn't around anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 am 
Obduction Backer

I agree Deius His puzzles were always fun and well done. I only recently took my DHP walkthrough down, now I wish I'd left it. I still keep in touch with Futo on occasion, and he is doing well, Just channeling his energy elsewhere. He teaches people chess as therapy, when he had some health problems of his own he found it helped, so is trying to help others! (I personally prefer a good challenging puzzle) :wink: Almost had him convinced to join us in MOUL on Gametap, but I don't think he ever did, at least I never saw him online.

Oh and just for the record only a handful of people actually completed the DHP ( I know cause I was the one checking the answers ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 am 

Kerryth wrote:
This is totally off topic, but I have to say this page looks really strange with only one item on it. :shock: Congratulations on posting the very first topic, Karkadann.

I'm greatly intrigued by this microwave business...

I doe-know its a Fan Created Age of sorts, fan created either way And I did need some hints and tips. :oops: and uh I guess the microwave would be a bit cramped for me but the pizza might fit :- )

I did find the hints on the back of the puzzle pieces which is who I found seven out of nine so far and their are more hints on the puzzles themselves I still havta go threw. and some interesting info on the quality of the lake water from the DRC I'll havta post later.

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:14 am 

You mean this? :)

Last edited by Rusty on Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd forgotten about this :).

Unfortunately, when I try the jigsaw puzzles, it minimises to the task-bar (presumably to start another program or new window) but nothing else. :(

((well, that, and Vista keeps asking me about the numeric file extensions - but that's solved by just telling it to ignore the odd extensions every time.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Elkestra wrote:
I'd forgotten about this :).

Unfortunately, when I try the jigsaw puzzles, it minimises to the task-bar (presumably to start another program or new window) but nothing else. :(

((well, that, and Vista keeps asking me about the numeric file extensions - but that's solved by just telling it to ignore the odd extensions every time.))

I had no luck on Vista either. . . I tried using XP compatibility and it was better but still more trouble than it was worth. I loaded it on to my other computer which still has Xp and it works except for the links that are not active.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Set both XP Compatibility (Service pack 2), and Run as Administrator. At least now I can play the jigsaws (well, the first one worked at any rate :D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:46 pm 

Rusty wrote:
You mean this? :)

Yup that's the one, any way does any one have any the missing info from the lost links so We can finish the game?

Energy = Milk Coffee 2

Last edited by Karkadann on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry Karkadahn, I used to have it all, but recently lost it in a computer crash. . . . :(

_____________________________________EDIT:

I don't know if He will have the info anymore, But I just sent an email to Patrick/Futographer asking him to send me what he still has. If he does I will post links to the missing info and puzzles. Meanwhile, You can still get to the Rebus puzzles. . .those are cool and there's a lot so it ought to keep you busy! Have you done those? Or the crossword puzzles? The photo puzzles require that you go into the game (complete chronicles) to solve them if you have that installed, most of those have the info attached.

BTW: In Teledahn, did you find the note that in riddle form explains what to do with the clues you get with each puzzle?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next