It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 10:44 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adreal Help
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 am 

Okay, so i figured out the first puzzle, the color puzzle that opens the door, but i couldnt figure out the other puzzle, the one where you have to push buttons and theres a chart on it. he wall to help you. After about 3 hours of messing with it, the machine roared to life and the elevator statred working. I was like, okay dont mess with success. :D But what i wonderes is, what was this puzzle supposed to be? And how do you solve it? Theres no walkthroughs anywhere either.

Bahros forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 am 

Hey I just finished Adreal, and, as their are no walkthroughs, i can make one, all i need is the code! Please Help!

Bahros forever!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:31 pm 

(Actually, guildofwriters.com probably isn't a great place for this either. Right here is fine for this kind of question.)

Here's the list of walkthroughs for all the fan Ages, including Adrael: http://dusty.homeunix.net/wiki/UAM/Walkthroughs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 pm 

Over the past weeks, we've been working on an official walkthrough for Adrael. It’s now available at www.adrael.com. You'll find it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:23 am 
Obduction Backer

We know that Adrael isn't fully completed and the team is still working.
What we shall get should not be revealed, however, I have a question/suggestion.
The ledge of the rocky cliff. There is an invisible wall, you cannot fall down to the desert or jump into the dry creek. I hate invisible walls, they are very unnatural. There are always possibilities to avoid them. The creek bed is solid (I checked it in fly-mode), why to prevent stepping into? A panic link when falling from the ledge would be a better solution. Or, as the desert is also solid, you could arrive to there and when trying to move away you sink into the quicksand and panic link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm 

Norfren wrote:
We know that Adrael isn't fully completed and the team is still working.
What we shall get should not be revealed, however, I have a question/suggestion.
The ledge of the rocky cliff. There is an invisible wall, you cannot fall down to the desert or jump into the dry creek. I hate invisible walls, they are very unnatural. There are always possibilities to avoid them. The creek bed is solid (I checked it in fly-mode), why to prevent stepping into? A panic link when falling from the ledge would be a better solution. Or, as the desert is also solid, you could arrive to there and when trying to move away you sink into the quicksand and panic link.

Both good suggestions, Norfren!
[OOC] Though we like the quicksand idea, we'll have to try implementing that without revealing the underside of Adrael during the panic link!
The initial reasoning was that we didn't want accidents happening at this point in the Age. But the other issue is that there really isn't much to be seen down there!
Otherwise, a panic link from the cliff can certainly be done, and that's probably the better plan.[/OOC]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:09 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Though we like the quicksand idea, we'll have to try implementing that without revealing the underside of Adrael during the panic link!

The panic link plane should be very near to the walking plane - the avatar already panic links when its is in the sand up to its waist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:09 pm 

Thank you for the advice :), Norfren, but I believe it would be hard to set up a convincing animation for the sand around the sinking avatar. :(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]