It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nalates wrote:
If you Twitter you can see the buzz about Myst iPhone.

I'm new to Plurk. People are there talking about Myst. One guy 'beat it in 5 minutes' ... :shock: ... right... They don't seem to have trends or I don't know how to find them. Searching on Myst brings up their Plurks.

You can help get word around by posting a 'daily' twitter using the words Myst and iPhone in it. I doubt we have enough people to make it a trend, but we might. If it does make a trend then lots of people will pick up on it.

I have not played with my MySpace account for some time. Not sure how well MySpace and Facebook are spreading the word.

Yeah right 5 minutes LOL even if he had it all memorized He can't make it happen in 5 minutes :)

trust me I know!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is absolutely possible to "finish" Myst in less than five minutes, it just involves knowing exactly what to do, and skipping pretty much everything, just inputting the endgame solution. Unfortunately, it seems to be turning into a meme that's getting retweeted quite a bit. This worries me, because it seems like a lot of people who've never played before are spoiling themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

For an iPhone app, particularly one you can download "over the air", it's huge. I think it's a legtimate concern/issue.

That's why I liked your comment Mystdee (think it was you!) - think of it like a movie! That's a good way to put the size in context.

I also think that recommendaitons on some sites - on how to get it. Some sites recommend that you download it via your connection to a computer - via the Itunes store, rather than buying it and installing it over your cell phone data network. If you aren't syncing your iphone to your computer, then that's a problem.

Myst in 5 minutes - been around for a long time.

Last edited by mszv on Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've just noticed a review in the US App Store from a "Former Cyantist".
Former Cyantist wrote:
Perfect, except for one thing: Where's the Rime Age? Derek, you're a slacker!

:lol:

I also noticed that in the Dutch app store, the description has been slightly updated. It hasn't been updated in the US store yet. At the top of the description the following is stated: "THANK YOU FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE! (If you're having trouble please read the NOTES below". Furthermore, the notes have been a little expanded... hopefully people will read them, that saves them frustration and saves Cyan an unfair review. :) (By the way, Myst is still 3rd overall in the Dutch store 8))

EDIT: The description has now been updated in the US store as well... it's now 10th overall!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

vidkid7 wrote:
It is absolutely possible to "finish" Myst in less than five minutes, it just involves knowing exactly what to do, and skipping pretty much everything, just inputting the endgame solution. Unfortunately, it seems to be turning into a meme that's getting retweeted quite a bit. This worries me, because it seems like a lot of people who've never played before are spoiling themselves.

Well, yes you can get to the end game in less than 5 minutes. . . but you are not playing it if you do and to me that is not "beating it" as they say . . . .why would anyone want to do that anyway? I agree, what a shame to spoil the experience and hopefully the New players will not do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Erik wrote:
Former Cyantist wrote:

I also noticed that in the Dutch app store, the description has been slightly updated. It hasn't been updated in the US store yet. At the top of the description the following is stated: "THANK YOU FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE! (If you're having trouble please read the NOTES below". Furthermore, the notes have been a little expanded... hopefully people will read them, that saves them frustration and saves Cyan an unfair review. :) (By the way, Myst is still 3rd overall in the Dutch store 8))

EDIT: The description has now been updated in the US store as well... it's now 10th overall!

I saw that former Cyantist review. . . Poor Derek, he is definitely NOT a slacker he did an awesome job! I wonder who that was? Hey Derek, if you read this, you got any idea? ;)

I'll have to go check the new description, haven't seen that yet. . . . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:44 pm 

Erik wrote:
Former Cyantist wrote:

:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:57 pm 

Where's the reviews!!!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Stranger, you're probably not going to see very many, considering your location. I highly doubt that there are many people around you clamoring to download Myst for their iDevice (only in English, no less). I'd like to be proven wrong, but for now you've got to be patient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:23 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Danear wrote:
Erik wrote:
Former Cyantist wrote:

I'll bet Chogon posted that just to up the buzz a little. Maybe create demand for "iMyst 2.0 Expansion Pack - now includes Rime!"

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

I would ABSOLUTELY buy expansions for a Myst game. Maybe not Myst itself, but rather... a whole new game where an age would be added or expanded every month or so, and a storyline would progress in real ti-hey wait a minute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:45 pm 

A reviewer named "Former Cyantist" wrote:
"Perfect, except for one thing: Where's the Rime Age? Derek, you're a slacker!"

In other news, #9!

I wanna see it in the top 5 by the end of today. :D

And no, I've played through the whole game now, and I've had absolutely NO crashes.

One of the 1 star reviewers said that he can't download it, and can't get the installer off his springboard. Means he tried to download and install it from the App Store, instead of iTunes, and likely doesn't realize that it's going to take about half an hour for it to download, and more time after that to install it.
It's sad that anyone who doesn't know how to read can come along and ruin the score of something that really doesn't deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:57 pm 

Cubkyle wrote:
One of the 1 star reviewers said that he can't download it, and can't get the installer off his springboard. Means he tried to download and install it from the App Store, instead of iTunes, and likely doesn't realize that it's going to take about half an hour for it to download, and more time after that to install it.
It's sad that anyone who doesn't know how to read can come along and ruin the score of something that really doesn't deserve it.

What's really sad is when people give an awesome review but accidentally hit 1 star. It's frustrating to not be able to contact that person to tell them to fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hopefully the added instructions in CAPS on the decription will help people understand, but some will no doubt not read it. . . Oh and Erik beat you to posting about the Cyantist review. . .see Derek's (Danear's) response above ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm 

Quote:
I would ABSOLUTELY buy expansions for a Myst game. Maybe not Myst itself, but rather... a whole new game where an age would be added or expanded every month or so, and a storyline would progress in real ti-hey wait a minute!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next