It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 pm 
Obduction Backer

Cubkyle wrote:
I found a few more reviews where people mention being stuck in the compass room in the dark. One where someone even says that they quite sure that they pressed the right button, but are still stuck in the dark. Maybe there is a bug there. :?

[spoiler]I have been trying to reproduce that one ever since I read those reviews . . . if an incorrect button is pushed the room goes dark, but there is also a loud alarm and a flashing blue light you would expect someone to notice. . I wonder if in "backing out" as they put it, he may have hit another button . . . I have really tried to get it to do what they say. . . I have yet to get stuck, no matter what I do. . :? [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 pm 

I don't know if this is a bug or my being rubbish at solving the puzzle, but I'm having a problem in the underground rail car thing in Selenic. This puzzle was the one that had me stumped the longest the first time I played, and it's giving me even more trouble now. It's one of the very few puzzles in all the Myst games that I don't remember the solution for, and I want to solve it if I can, but I'm becoming increasingly certain that it's impossible for me to do so, and must be a bug.

This is happening: I'm in the car, and simply don't have anywhere I can go. I've mapped out my possible choices, and as you can see, there aren't many.

http://bayimg.com/hapBiaAbI

If you know how to solve the puzzle, that should make sense. Unless I'm getting it totally wrong. I'm positive that the map is correct. So my question to those of you who know the solution to this maze is, am I missing some vital element of solving the puzzle, or is it broken?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

8) new forum For Myst iPhone iPod. . . but all topics locked, I guess they are still not quite ready to use :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

All fixed now.
Will transfer this thread to Myst for the iPhone - General Discussion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

cool! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:55 pm 

Cubkyle wrote:
I found a few more reviews where people mention being stuck in the compass room in the dark. One where someone even says that they quite sure that they pressed the right button, but are still stuck in the dark. Maybe there is a bug there. :?

I'm not sure how the power timer works, but a friend (it happened to him) and I have wondered if maybe the power ran out just as he hit the button? That would happen, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Analord wrote:
Cubkyle wrote:

I'm not sure how the power timer works, but a friend (it happened to him) and I have wondered if maybe the power ran out just as he hit the button? That would happen, right?

If the power runs out, yes the room goes dark but you can still get out, you would not be stuck there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:52 am 

Mystdee wrote:
If the power runs out, yes the room goes dark but you can still get out, you would not be stuck there.

I think "stuck" may mean "lost in the dark" and not "game breaking stuck." Though, I haven't actually seen the reviews...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:27 am 
Obduction Backer

At least one of them said he was unable to contine in the game but I think he just as you say got lost in the dark, and just hought he couldn't get out. . . hard to tell, without asking him for details. . . wish I could ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:16 am 

Tutelary wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug or my being rubbish at solving the puzzle, but I'm having a problem in the underground rail car thing in Selenic. This puzzle was the one that had me stumped the longest the first time I played, and it's giving me even more trouble now. It's one of the very few puzzles in all the Myst games that I don't remember the solution for, and I want to solve it if I can, but I'm becoming increasingly certain that it's impossible for me to do so, and must be a bug.

This is happening: I'm in the car, and simply don't have anywhere I can go. I've mapped out my possible choices, and as you can see, there aren't many.

If you know how to solve the puzzle, that should make sense. Unless I'm getting it totally wrong. I'm positive that the map is correct. So my question to those of you who know the solution to this maze is, am I missing some vital element of solving the puzzle, or is it broken?

Hi Tutelary,

I just did the mazerunner puzzle in Selenitic this afternoon, & it worked fine for me--I'm pretty sure it's not buggy. I think you can probably solve it by making diagrams as you're doing (I remember trying to make very elaborate maps when I first tackled it in the original version), but there is also another way. Hint:

[spoiler]Have you been to the Mechanical Age yet? There's something there that you might find very helpful in figuring out how the mazerunner works.[/spoiler]
Let us know if you want a stronger hint than this. Good luck! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:50 am 

I made some research from Nordic and Finno-Ugric countries in iStore. I took UK and US too.

And "iMyst" list is

Code:
                              Fin Swe Den Nor Est Hun UK US
Top Paid Apps                  8   4   4   6   3   6  15 10
Top Paid Games                 6   4   4   3   1   3  11  4
Top Paid Adventure Games       1   1   1   1   1   1   1  1

So hopefully we all follow Estonia's example.

Zap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 pm 

Jane wrote:
Tutelary wrote:

Hi Tutelary,

I just did the mazerunner puzzle in Selenitic this afternoon, & it worked fine for me--I'm pretty sure it's not buggy. I think you can probably solve it by making diagrams as you're doing (I remember trying to make very elaborate maps when I first tackled it in the original version), but there is also another way. Hint:

[spoiler]Have you been to the Mechanical Age yet? There's something there that you might find very helpful in figuring out how the mazerunner works.[/spoiler]
Let us know if you want a stronger hint than this. Good luck! :)

Here's how I did that puzzle:

[spoiler]It's actually easy enough that you don't need to remember the Mechanical noises at all. The first two rooms only have one other direction to go than the one you came from, so you can match the noises to those directions, leaving you with two. Once you have those, the next few rooms (two directions each) use different noises, so you can reason out the directions you've already gone, which gives you the noise for all directions by room 5. After that, it's just a matter of following the noises until the puzzle's over.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Exactly, Koetsu, that's how I did it as well. :D

I never got how people figured out the directions when I first played Myst, but now on the iPod I figured it out myself! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:44 pm 

Koetsu, what you wrote in your spoiler tag is true, but

[spoiler]Tutelary wanted to figure out the puzzle for him/herself, and clearly hadn't made the connection between the sounds & the directions yet. So I was trying to give a nudge without totally spoiling. Maybe we need two tags here? for "sort-of-spoilery hint" spoilers versus "really & truly a spoiler!" spoilers.[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:51 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Jane wrote:
Maybe we need two tags here? for "sort-of-spoilery hint" spoilers versus "really & truly a spoiler!" spoilers.

You can change the wording of the spoiler tag yourself to something like:
[spoiler=sort-of-spoilery hint]Just put the equal sign and what you want to say after the word spoiler.[/spoiler]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next