It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 pm 

I was on vacation when Myst suddenly dropped for the iPhone, so I had to wait another week to get it... I've been waiting since it was announced, and one more week was almost too much!

Anyway, I'm incredibly happy to find that "iMyst" is fantastic! Congrats to the Cyan team, this is excellent and awesome work... apart from realMyst, this is definitely my favorite way to play the game.

Not to be all needy, but I do have 2 little requests...

1. Find a better way to compress those images! Seriously, this game is huge. It's bad enough on an 8gb iPhone, I can't imagine what the poor folks with 4gb models are going through. But if you can't do that, then at least....

2. Give us Riven! I desperately need that fantastic game on my phone.

Again, fantastic port! I adore it! Gives me something to do while waiting for open source Uru... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:18 am 
Obduction Backer

Glad you got it and are enjoying it. Requests noted! :wink: I think we all agree that it would be awesome to have Riven!
:D

Last edited by Mystdee on Fri May 15, 2009 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:56 am 

Extra files were found in the Myst package that, if removed, would free up 100 to 150mb.
I don't wanna see the images compressed. They're beautiful! :lol:
The 4 gig model of the iPhone was only sold for roughly 2 months, so not too many people would be affected by the size of this. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:04 pm 

The problem with compressing the images is that there are many places where you need to zoom in to see a detail for a puzzle. Perhaps selective compression of images that have no such detail?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]