It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stoneship - Myst book
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:27 am 

OK, I'm pretty sure I've done everything I needed to do, but when I go down into the ship, it is very dark still and I can't get the book back to Myst to appear.

I've cranked the generator and pushed the SE button on the compass countless times. The light comes on out in the water, I run back, hit the left switch, head down into the boat and the same thing - I click everywhere on the desk (from what I can see) and nothing appears.

Am I missing something else or is there a bug here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:39 am 
Obduction Backer

I tried to reporduce this, but was unable to it works fine for me, are you using the 2.2 OS or are you on the 3.0 Beta OS?
Also what are the specs of your device?

Just to be sure :
[spoiler] you say there is darkness in the ship where the book is but you saw the light outside the window by the compass? The lights should be on if you have pushed the correct button on the compass and if you go all the way down to the table at the lowest level of the front of the ship and touch it in the center of the table the book should come up . . . it should be light there and easy to see. . . . . if you pushed the wrong button on the compass you would have a dark room there (and in the ship) and in the compass room an alarm with flashing blue light, so if you got light by the compass and no alarm there should be no problem . . . are you sure you had a full charge on the battery? The gauge should be solid white with no lines [/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:05 pm 

Yeah I am certain there was light it the compass room. I even heard the music start playing.

I turned the genereator around 6 full turns. I did not check the battery meter though.

It is for sure completely dark in the ship.

I am on an iPhone 3g 16gb. OS 2.1.1.

Thanks for the reply!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

megadeth76 wrote:
Yeah I am certain there was light it the compass room. I even heard the music start playing.

I turned the genereator around 6 full turns. I did not check the battery meter though.

It is for sure completely dark in the ship.

I am on an iPhone 3g 16gb. OS 2.1.1.

Thanks for the reply!

OK, 2 things -
Myst requires OS 2.2.1 so if that is not a typo you need to update your iPhone software

Second thing is I just tried 6 full turns on that generator and the charge only gets about 1/2 way up . . .try giving it more turns then tap the battery to check to see you have a full charge, you may be just running out of power before you get to the lower level of the ship.

Please post here if that helps or not. . . .so I can determine if a report needs to be submitted. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:04 pm 

FINALLY! You dont know how long I've spent on this lol.

I had no idea the indicator in the battery filled up. I just saw a green light and thought all was good. It did take a LOT of turns to get it on up there.

Thanks a lot!

btw, typo - 2.2.1 is my OS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

You're welcome , glad it worked! :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]