It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Yep! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:17 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

The textures are up!

http://wiki.openuru.org/index.php?title ... Download_5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 am 
Obduction Backer

Awesome; now it's time to learn how to use Blender... I have a question about shards, which one should I use to play on? Atlantis, Windring, or The Open Cave? Which one has the largest population?

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:47 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Greetings,

D'Lanor, Marten and Leonardo made some suggestions to further improve our Cavern Status widget as part of the CAVCON discussion about how to promote donations to MOULa.

Special shout-out to Leonardo for working with Mac_Fife to implement a new feature to provide the content in JSONP format:
http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?p=4922#p4922

Mac_Fife made changes today to:
  • Open the iframe link in a new window - thanks to D'Lanor and Marten
  • Provide the content in JSONP format - thanks to Leonardo

I'll push these changes sometime this weekend for your use. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:44 pm 

/thumbsup2 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:29 pm 

Wonderful job everyone :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:05 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Greetings,

Two news items today:

First, you may already have read Chogon's announcement that CWE (Open Source Plasma) has been relicensed to remedy restrictions on distributing software builds such as the Uru client for OS shards and the 3ds Max Plugin. This shuold really make it easy for new shards to develop and grow.

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 119#378119

And, thanks again to Mac_Fife, we have implemented a new CAVCON status indicator in our website's MOULa Cavern Status banner message. It is a small, round icon with a dollar sign ($) that is color-coded to the CAVCON levels. It will appear on our forums and in our widget soon. We hope this will help promote the game, the donations, and open source. Take a look here:

http://www.openuru.org/

These are the CAVCON icons:

CAVCON 1: Image
CAVCON 2: Image
CAVCON 3: Image
CAVCON 4: Image
CAVCON 5: Image

Edit: The CAVCON indicator is now available in our widget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:31 pm 

Greetings Explorers!!
GoMe has some exciting news coming from the OpenUru team! [clicky]

Quote:
As they already told us during the All Guilds Meeting, the OpenUru.org team has been working on opening a new Uru Shard for testing new features.
Today, we announce that the preliminary work has finished and the shard is up and running! Right now, they are accepting only a restricted group of Testers and no new features have been installed yet, in order to make sure the structure is stable enough for testing. If it behaves correctly for a few days, the shard will open to a larger number of volunteers and new features will be added to be tested, such as the Unicode KI message support.
Stay tuned for more news on the OpenUru shard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Exciting, yes!

I might as well go ahead and make another announcement that has gone too long without mention.

Leonardo, who really earned the position by taking the initiative and getting involved, has been appointed the Guild of Messengers Liaison to OpenUru.org. Welcome Leonardo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:54 pm 

Thank you guys :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 am 

JWPlatt wrote:

Leonardo, who really earned the position by taking the initiative and getting involved, has been appointed the Guild of Messengers Liaison to OpenUru.org. Welcome Leonardo!
and I am sure he will do a better job than me. :D Good to see things moving.

Just had a thought about the test shard, would this be a prelude to Cyan getting a Shard up and running, this being a test bed for fan age intergration or just to test bug fixes maybe. Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:30 am 
Creative Kingdoms

You did a fine job of bringing the news, Szark. :)

'Prelude' is a good word. Cyan's plans for a test shard are somewhat independent from ours. It depends on their schedule. But we wanted to get a MOSS test shard going before Cyan's MOULa test shard to qualify new code as much as possible before Cyan testing and to get the code qualified under two servers in the process. It means minimizing Cyan's time and the cost to CAVCON which is important to community donation economy. In this way, we can build a pipeline of features ready for Cyan to pick up.

Cyan can consider what we have qualified and take what they would like to include in an update, then test that for MOULa. Their current plan, when they can, is to recruit beta testers to have some Cyan staff do qualification through our Foundry tools, taking bug reports in much the same manner that they did with MOUL Beta and Rehearsal, but publicly.

There is no test program for fan ages yet. We've made no plans with Cyan, but I think what we may need is a patient, willing and qualified person to propose and execute some sort of pilot program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 am 

Nice answer JWP, cheers. It all makes sense :D As I say it twas a random thought, one I wanted to say out loud. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 pm 

New announcement for OpenUru!
Quote:
OpenUru is finally ready to open their shard for testing and, like a big sandbox, they called it Minkata!
The shard ready to be visited by the public, rarified has been able to fix all the initial bugs it had and now it should work like the MOULa Server. For now it doesn't contain any new features, since Christmas is approaching and everyone is organizing for that; probably the Unicode Support feature will come after Christmas.
For now you can signup, download and run around in Uru, visiting this link: http://foundry.openuru.org/forms/index.php
There you will find a form to fill for creating an account on Minkata. Once you have verified your email address you will be given a link and all the instructions to download and make the Minkata Shard installation working.
If you find any problem or bug in Minkata that you want to report (remember, this is a testing shard it's there for testing and reporting bugs!) you can use the usual bugtracker system of OpenUru's Foundry JIRA or, if JIRA is too complicated for you, they have set up an easier HelpDesk tool. Before you try to submit any bug report, make sure you have read this quick How To.
The OpenUru Team also needs help from some voluteeres willing to do some manual work of putting bug reports in categories and put the bug submitted on the Help Desk into JIRA. This is very important for keeping everything synchronized on the big system that is the OpenUru Foundry. If you are interested in this, please read this thread: http://forums.openuru.org/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=668
Probably Uru on Minkata will be a bit slower on your computers because the Minkata Client has a lot of debugging options enabled, and they take time while the game is running.
We hope you can help OpenUru making Uru better and better with the new features!

http://www.guildofmessengers.com/content/minkata-new-shard-openuru-open

Last edited by Leonardo on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:56 pm 

The fact that I can now test my age means I should be able to get a very simple - non-interactive, or very close to not interactive - build of Llantern out in MOUL format by Christmas.

Which means you'll have something to put on Minkata shortly. :) Good thing I rememberd to put my work files on a repository...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next