It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 1:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shoulda posted this sooner... I hope blatant self-promotion isn't out of line here. It's in an adventure-y cause.

On Monday, I launched a Kickstarter project to create an iPhone text adventure game. I've been hanging around the Uru community for a long time, but I've been doing text adventures much longer. (You may remember I ran an Uru forum game with a text adventure format, back in 2007.)

I was hoping to raise eight thousand dollars this month. Turns out I raised that much in 13 hours, and the number is still going up. Which is frighteningly awesome! So I am definitely now doing this; I will quit my job at the end of December and start working on interactive fiction full-time.

I can't say I *need* your help, because I've already gotten twice as much help as I was expecting. :) But if you want to support this project, you still can. For a larger donation, you can get the game for Mac/Windows/Linux -- that's a special reward for pre-supporters.

I hope to have this game finished late next year. (Of course deadlines are flexible, as we all know too well, but that's my hope.) There's a video and a (very short) game demo on the web site.

http://eblong.com/kick

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]