It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:12 am 

I own a signed Limited edition Riven Lithograph print that I purchased somewhere after CYAN’s Riven game was released. (I forget the exact year.) I own the Sunner Lagoon edition 9/10. And I have the Certificate of Authenticity.

It has been almost fifteen years since I purchased it. I was wondering if it had gained any collectors value? Does anyone know where I can go, or who to contact to find out its market value? I went to the CYAN web site, but the email has some sort of lock on it making it inaccessible. CYAN is a small game making company with limited resources so I understand. They can’t afford to pay someone to just answer the phone and emails all day.

Before anyone asks, I would like to say that if my Riven lithograph print does not have a high collectors value I will probably keep it, because I do love the print, being a CYAN fan from as far back as 1995 when I played my first MYST game.

Thanks everyone[b]

Azel[/b]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 am 
Obduction Backer

Maybe try here?...http://forums.cyan.com/index.php?sid=fa ... 0707ca06b4

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:43 am 

I logged in on their forum, but saw no New Topic button. So I can't post my question. I don't know what's wrong. But thank you anyway.

Azel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah azel,

It's possible you didn't drill down far enough into the forum structure. The best location for your question is probably here. If you don't see a red and white *NEWTOPIC button at the upper left, then something is broken and you will need to PM Hannah to get it fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Be sure that you've joined the Explorers group there.
http://forums.cyan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:23 pm 

yes, I did join the Explorers. Still no New Topic button. I also sent Hannah a message. Still waiting for an answer.

But, thank you for the ideas.

Azel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:06 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I'm inclined to agree with Ainia that you were looking at the sub-forum lists and not in an actual forum itself - you can't post in the lists, only the forums, like this one http://forums.cyan.com/viewforum.php?f=75 (the setup of the Cyan forums can maybe be a bit confusing at times).

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 pm 

Here is what I see. I'll delete this image and post in a few days. I just wanted to show you that I see no New Topic button.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

What the? Since when did the Cyan forums look so cool? On my end the background is white. Are there multiple versions of the forums?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:53 pm 

I use Deluminate with my Chrome browser. It makes the whites turn black. It's easier on the eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:00 am 
Obduction Backer

azel wrote:
Does anyone know where I can go, or who to contact to find out its market value?

Try ebay :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:34 am 

I tried both on Ebay and Google. Nothing came up. It's like the Riven prints never existed. There were only ten made of each Riven Lithograph. They were signed by the Miller brothers. I am not sure how many different images were made of Riven. If only five different images were made (I'm guessing.) and ten of each, it would mean only about 50 prints exist.

I was planning on buying some land, and I was wondering if my Riven Print had any value. I mean high value. (In the thousands.) This is why I've been posting on forums asking. I can't seem to find its value.

But perhaps it never gained any value. I will keep it for my own enjoyment if this is the case. It seems strange that something so rare is valueless and unknown by the CYAN community. Oh, well.

Azel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:13 am 
Obduction Backer

A Cyan collectors item often "travels" around in their community. Possible some little money be involved here, but sorry, not to give you a bad day, it will never reach the amount of the value of a Rembrandt or a Andy Warholl. So better keep it or try to contact some collectors in this community, who like to add it to their collection.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:13 pm 

The user MYSTRIVEN used to collect(and may still) lots of Myst stuff, you should contact that person.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:46 pm 

Unfortunately they haven't gained much in monetary value as far as I can tell. A few have popped up on ebay over the years. The asking prices are all over the map. But they only actually sell for about the same to 2x prices they were originally valued.

If you are interested in selling, please message me. I am trying to collect them all. Even if it takes me another decade or two ;)

Jarun 00217662