It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:30 am

All times are UTC

Do you still use either Myst Blogs or Uru Blogs regularly?
Yes 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
No 86%  86%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 7
 Post subject: Myst Blogs and Uru Blogs
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hey everyone,

So as you may or may not know, I retired from most Uru-related activities a while ago. However, I'm still currently hosting Myst Blogs and Uru Blogs. The hosting itself isn't a problem, since I use my server for other things, but the domain name itself is an extra yearly expense that, while small, adds up over time.

So I'm just wondering if anybody still regularly uses Myst Blogs or Uru Blogs? Is there any interest in keeping it up? If even some people still consult it, I'll keep it up; I'd just rather not pay for something nobody uses. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:43 pm 

It looks like MystBlogs is still used frequently...UruBlogs last post was by Tweek, and then nothing before it for almost a year.

I'm guessing he has it posted elsewhere, so at the very least I'd recommend closing down the second one, give people a chance to grab the material and relocate it elsewhere. (Or maybe we could make it to a "back page" on the GoMe site, like The Cavern Post is now?)

Anys, just my own thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't use Myst Blogs anymore I don't think, I moved my blog to tumblr (seeming it's all artwork anyway) not sure if Myst Blogs picked up the new feed.

Uru Blogs pulls from my Beneath site I've not posted on the blog section of my site in a while (mainly been too busy and what updates I have made to the site have been in the D'ni archive). I don't think anyone really IC blogs anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:18 pm 

First time I've heard of them, so I can't say I still use them or will miss them.

I forgot to return to the thread.