It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:24 pm 

So, about a month/couple weeks ago, wordpress started acting weird. It wasn't loading anything in the administration pages, including the text editor, and was forcing me to use the old editor instead, which was rather hard to find and not as convenient for me to keep using. So today I tried resetting my cookies for wordpress, thinking that maybe it was a problem with something odd being stuck in the memory... except now I've run into an even bigger problem:

The inability to load the administration pages has passed along to the Log-in page, preventing me from typing into the text boxes that would let me log back into wordpress. Even the autofill function isn't triggering on the page so I can't even log in through that.

Does anyone know what the heek is going on with Wordpress or what I can do to resolve it?

I'm running Firefox as a webbrowser, on a Win7 machine, if that's of any help.

EDIT: Tried the site with Google Chrome and it works, so I guess the problem is ONLY with firefox? Any idea why?

Thanks if you can help out.

_Calum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 am 
Obduction Backer

This is through wordpress.com, right? Not a self hosted one? Because I can login fine to either one. You don't have any scripts that are blocked do you? I use waterfox on Windows 7 which is basically the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:46 am 

Calumon wrote:
So, about a month/couple weeks ago, wordpress started acting weird. It wasn't loading anything in the administration pages, including the text editor, and was forcing me to use the old editor instead, which was rather hard to find and not as convenient for me to keep using. So today I tried resetting my cookies for wordpress, thinking that maybe it was a problem with something odd being stuck in the memory... except now I've run into an even bigger problem:

The inability to load the administration pages has passed along to the Log-in page, preventing me from typing into the text boxes that would let me log back into wordpress. Even the autofill function isn't triggering on the page so I can't even log in through that.

Does anyone know what the heek is going on with Wordpress or what I can do to resolve it?

I'm running Firefox as a webbrowser, on a Win7 machine, if that's of any help.

EDIT: Tried the site with Google Chrome and it works, so I guess the problem is ONLY with firefox? Any idea why?

Thanks if you can help out.

_Calum

If you are still using Firefox have you tried it in safe mode ? (all addons disabled)

Tutorial:
http://www.wikihow.com/Start-Firefox-in-Safe-Mode

If ok try to disable each addon until you find which one is "guilty". :wink:

Edit:
Another possibility would be to "refresh" your Firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 am 

Yes, it's just a normal WordpressDotCom Domain, nothing self hosted.

I've tried disabling all addons (including script blockers) when going on wordpress to no avail. I'll try safe mode tomorrow and see if that works... if not, I'll try the refresh and see how it goes.

EDIT: tried one more time before bed to log in and- without changing anything from before- suddenly I'm able to log in?? 0_o;;

I'll check the editor tomorrow and see if that works or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:08 pm 

Well, the editor page is still busted even with firefox in safe mode. I'll try seeing if a refresh fixes things.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:09 am 

I use firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) on my windows 7 pc and have no problem viewing the home or login page.
Home page: https://wordpress.com/
Login page: https://wordpress.com/log-in?redirect_t ... ess.com%2F

Which firefox version do you have ?

A few months ago I could not view my bank's home page. Their support person told me to update my Radeon graphics driver and it has worked ok since then.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:16 am 

Got rather busy and haven't had time to try a full refresh yet.

Neither of the pages through those links want to load for me either. I'm using the same version of firefox that you listed.

I don't have a radeon card for graphics, I think it's nvidia.

I'm not sure if/why the graphics card would be an issue as I did try logging in with a different browser, Google Chrome, and could log in and use the editor through that= but that's not an ideal solution long term.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:36 am 

Ok, after trying a refresh next step would be to read this support page either with firefox or through the chrome browser.

It will gave you many more possibilities...
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... n-websites

Firefox can be very fussy at time with its settings (Options,histories, cookies etc)

It was a good idea to have another backup browser. Bravo :idea: 8)

May Asherah of the Great Tree of Life shed some light over your path. :lol: :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:36 pm 

well, a refresh seems to have made wordpress work again... at the expense of it somehow forgetting every page that I had saved for reopening >_<;

"yay"

guess a refresh was all it needed... -_-; idk why.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm 

Do not forget to check for "malwares".

I use Windows Defender(from the Control Panel) after updating its data & and used a scan.
Edit with additional infos:

Firefox "refresh" will save these items: