It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:42 am 

In November 2015, Zeke365 founded Developer's' Hood, a public hood to serve as an environment for Age creators to meet to hone their skills.

Zeke left us a few weeks ago, and in his wake the care of this Hood has fallen to Obelisk. What was Zeke's vision for this Hood? An environment to hone skills, yes, but beyond that functionality provided by the Guild of Writers' Hood? We don't know. I have a vision for this Hood though: I think it should be a showcase for Fan Age efforts and a point of coordination for expeditions and tours.

In order to showcase Fan Ages in the manner I'd prefer, I'd like to be able to post graphics from those Ages in the Developer's' Hood imager.

I don't yet know how to bring outside images into the KI system. If anybody reading this knows how it is done, please tell me.

Expeditions? That is a target! Organizing events in the Shards to explore the more exceptional Fan Ages is an activity that I'd like to make an objective of this Hood.

Fan Age Tours is another objective, if I can find any actual developers who are willing to conduct tours of their Ages for our members and visitors.

... And maybe this hood will become a tech clearing house too, but if so it will start with support for getting explorers access to Uru Shards.

Obelisk KI #6735056

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:17 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

ferret wrote:
In order to showcase Fan Ages in the manner I'd prefer, I'd like to be able to post graphics from those Ages in the Developer's' Hood imager.

I don't yet know how to bring outside images into the KI system. If anybody reading this knows how it is done, please tell me.
Thinking about this, it's likely you wouldn't be allowed to do that. I don't imagine that Cyan would be especially keen on seeing images imported from other versions of the game especially where some may have originated from shards with dubious legality.

As far as I can recall, the only cases where Cyan have assisted in adding external images was where it fitted in with a story line; an example would be the Pellet Point charts that JW Platt used to post on the imager in the Pellet Points hood - that was a result of an IC deal between JW Platt and Victor Laxman.

Others may have imported images "unofficially" by their own methods, but I can't comment on that.

Bottom line is that even if everything was guaranteed "above board" Cyan Support would need to expend CAVCON funds to work on the imports, and that's not really a good use of donations.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
As far as I can recall, the only cases where Cyan have assisted in adding external images was where it fitted in with a story line; an example would be the Pellet Point charts that JW Platt used to post on the imager in the Pellet Points hood - that was a result of an IC deal between JW Platt and Victor Laxman.

There were much more cases. At some time there used to be an upload form where you could send a request to Cyan to upload your picture to the hood imager. Explorers even created some templates with vignettas for this, to avoid contents at the sides of the image from being distorted by the imager.

The Great Tree used this to upload a welcome picture to their hood at some point. The D'ni Zoological Society used it for having information on animals on the imager.

Custom imager in The Great Tree hood

Imager template

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:29 pm 

I too have heard that getting Cyan to upload images used to be a common thing. If this is the case, they might have an easy process for it, it may not cost too much CAVCON money. If you truly think the community would benefit from seeing these images, go ahead and ask them.

Having said that, they will not upload anything illegal but images of fan ages running on shards Cyan approves of(like the Gehn shard) should be perfectly fine. In the end, it is up to them though and you don't know until you ask.