It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:04 pm 

10th Rez Day party for Tai and Kerryth

This involves the Cavern because I doubt that, without having met each other in Uru, we'd have made the move to Second Life after the Cavern closed in 2008. Kerryth and Tai made the move immediately, while I took a side trip through Guild Wars first and came to SL in 2009.

I have learned that Second Life offers much to an Explorer. At first my practice was much as I'd done in Uru: creating musical environments. Two weeks after my arrival, we hosted the Silk Road Musical Journey in a place built by Uru Explorers and decorated by Tai'lahr.

The ten years since then have hosted a remarkable efflorescence of creativity. Keryth has beomce renowned for beautiful clothing and personal adornments, and recently completed a new store on her own region. Tai has built a somewhat quieter reputation for making utterly wonderful-but-unclassifiable Things That Do Things.

All of that gradually affected me. I make Things now, and write scripts so that the Things actually Do Stuff. I'm besotted by color and most of what I make involves color and lights.

Our classic Explorer-inspired teamwork has grown. This year we joined with Dragonia deCuir to sponsor a region at the Fantasy Faire, which is a major fund-raising project for Relay for Life.

There will be music. No matter where you are, you'll be able to hear that. I'm still using the Amber Horizons Shoutcast stream (Juliana Lethdetter is the Patron Saint of Radio KTDN). Note that there has been a change to the address, from ".us" to .net" for those who have used this address before.
http://amberhorizons47.serverroom.net:5528

The main party starts at 17:00 Pacific, 18:00 Cavern time. There will be leader music before that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:39 pm 

I see what you did there :wink: :lol:

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Congratulations Tai'lahr and Keryth for 10 long years :!: Wishing you the best in the next 10 years :)