It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Can't wait for this! Never played any Cyan game other than the Myst series so i'm pumped!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
BTW, we submitted Manhole a day after the Myst update was submitted, so it should be close!

Manhole will be awhile because the Apple App Approval folks are still trying to find the top-secret dedication screen... :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 pm 

I downloaded the new 1.1.6 version and it just crashes after loading where I was the last time I played. Also did a hard reset twice without opening Myst between restarts.
My device is a iPhone 3GS with IOS4.

Edit: I don't think it got synced correctly from iTunes. So i re-synced and it works now.

Last edited by jopernikus on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:24 pm 

So, I already bought v1.1.5 and could not open it on my iTouch, and now that I see the updated v1.1.6, I am wondering if I have to purchase again? I never even got to use the first one and paid $5, and can't see how it would be fair to pay another $5 for a fix to the original...
HELP, Am I missing an update link or something? I will be seriously ticked off if I'm expected to pay again for an app that never worked for me in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm 

Nevermind! Found it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:26 pm 
Site Admin

jopernikus wrote:
I downloaded the new 1.1.6 version and it just crashes after loading where I was the last time I played. Also did a hard reset twice without opening Myst between restarts.
My device is a iPhone 3GS with IOS4.

It might be possible that the auto saved file is corrupt. You can force Myst to start a new game by running the Settings app (the gear icon app on the first page), find Myst settings and set "Reset Current Game" to ON (it will automatically go to OFF when the Myst app is started the next time).

lmandrea wrote:
So, I already bought v1.1.5 and could not open it on my iTouch, and now that I see the updated v1.1.6, I am wondering if I have to purchase again? I never even got to use the first one and paid $5, and can't see how it would be fair to pay another $5 for a fix to the original...
HELP, Am I missing an update link or something? I will be seriously ticked off if I'm expected to pay again for an app that never worked for me in the first place.
lmandrea wrote:
Nevermind! Found it ;)

I'm glad you found it. Sometimes it does take a little while from when the update is available on iTunes until it shows up in your update list.
And all updates for iPhone/iTouch/iPad apps are free.
And theoretically (I have never tried it) even if you lose all your copies of an app, the App Store will remember you bought it and allow you to download it again for free (but only try that in an emergency).

Thanks,
Chogon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Chogon wrote:
And theoretically (I have never tried it) even if you lose all your copies of an app, the App Store will remember you bought it and allow you to download it again for free (but only try that in an emergency).

I can confirm this because I've done this several times. You can also download the same app for free on other devices if you use the same account.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2