It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:49 pm 

I have seen the lever in my travels. I keep going back to my starting point (the elevator) to get a view of my surroundings but then I promptly get lost again. I just can't really tell with the circular hutches as they all look the same! Thanks for the map-I haven't figured out how to get back to the island to get the map from the journal. this is embarassing!
I will see what happens tonight with the help of maps...THANKS to you both..I'm sure I'll be back! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:57 pm 

I had the same problem. In RealMyst, I was pulling my hair out trying to find my way around

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:04 pm 

Okay good Mystdee, coz I thought I was losing it again LOL. I have made it to the platform twice, seen the locked door but as soon as I left I got all messed up and turned around and haven't found it again. :roll: ...I have seen the lever, went back to find it after I found the platform and can;t find it now. :shock: Guessin i'm not real bright but it's the coolest game...more sound effects please ...I love the reality of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:11 pm 

When I get lost I just keep making right turns :D
[spoiler]a right turn at each intersection starting from the elevator (you used to get to the second level) will lead you to the lever and then turn around and make right turns until you get to the door in front of the stairs [/spoiler]

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:20 pm 

Haha...funny...maybe that's what I'll try...I don't know if it's me (coz I never played the PC game) or the format for the iPod but it's VERY hard to tell where you are in there. When you step closer to a hut, everything else gets close up and all looks the same or goes right out of view. IE the platform! LOL I need a 22 inch Ipod :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:26 pm 

By the way If I remember correctly the lever more or less blends in with its surroundings and background

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

LOL. . . . Nope I think it was even hard to get around in the other versions of Myst too. . . I played the first time using playstation and had a 46 inch screen. . .still got lost. ;)

[spoiler] Here's another version of the map the #1 is the elevator where you start out at
X is still the lever and 2 is the stairs/other elevator

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/8 ... 4marks.jpg [/spoiler]

Oh in the iPhone version the lever was inhanced because it was too hard to see, when it "blended in" so you should be able to see it OK

Last edited by Mystdee on Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:21 pm 

At this next link, you can view 3 nice Channelwood maps.
(left handside menu, near the top)
http://web.mac.com/scifione/orig/GAMES/MYST/Myst-help.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:02 pm 

Thanks All! :oops:
Hopefully with this, I can find some quiet time tonight to find my way out...
I appreciate all the help and posts
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:21 pm 

Good luck, and make sure not to step any frogs I just noticed one when I first linked in with the RealMyst version

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:52 pm 

Frogs? lol...weird..I don't like frogs
I found my way up to the 3rd based on the maps-ty
Now i found a red and blue page..but i pick up one and the other disappears so i guess I don't get both. Pick a page, any page.
Is there anywhere you know that has walkthrough hints? Ie now I've got a page, what do I do? I'm resenting the fact that I still have to find my way out of here coz I have NOO idea now where I came in lololol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:22 pm 

Myst (Walkthrough)

Their are two elevators on the first level one of them leads to the Myst Linking Book, and In the library to books one with blue pages one with red pages

E=mc2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

auntielola there is a hint guide/walkthrough within the game itself. just touch the hint button in the options panel it will give you hints and you can get the solution if the hints don't help.

about the pages, you can only carry one at a time, so have to return for the other ;)

Last edited by Mystdee on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm 

Thanks to the both of you. Mystdee-my only complaint about the ipod version is that where we live, we don't have internet access. (we are very rural) I can't access the hint guide at home so it's easier for me to print the help I get here and take it home. The print guide would be more helpful in a different format (ie not connected to the internet) for the Ipod :roll:
Off we go for the weekend. I dread going to the island and coming back again for the 2nd page..oh lordy. I might finish this game by the time i turn 50 :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2