It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:09 am 

I've been to every age and retrieved every page (both red and blue) and have inserted them, but they still ask me to bring them more pages. Whats going on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:20 am 
Obduction Backer

You have to listen very carefully... there's a clue in their speeches. Here's a transcript of their speeches:
Achenar wrote:
Hello. I am Achenar. I am glad to see that you have returned to help me escape from my wrongful imprisonment. It was Sirrus who did this to me. Sirrus, my wicked brother. Do not listen to him! I warn you! I warn you again: he is a liar. Do not be persuaded by his evil lies. Do not release him. He killed my father! He will kill you. (crazy laughter)

It began when my brother, Sirrus, began to lust for riches. He stole from the Ages of Myst. He horded up riches for himself. While father... father slept away his watchfulness, my sick brother secretly pronounced himself king. King of the Ages of Myst, he said. (static) he began to look upon me in disgust (static) his (static) lowly brother.(static)

I hated him!

And then Sirrus began to destroy the Ages of Myst. He burned their forests. He tore down their structures. He flooded their lands. He murdered their inhabitants. He completely destroyed all but four of the ages.

Of course, I had to warn my Father, but when I finally found him (static) there was Sirrus also, talking cleverly, with the lying tongue of a serpent. (static)

He convinced Father that it was I who had destroyed the Ages. (static) He convinced father that it was I who was greedy for wealth and plunder. And as Sirrus dealt the final blow, he tricked Father into believing that I was the murderer.

But Sirrus did not deal as fast a blow as he planned, and as Father died a slow death he at last doubted my brother's clever lies. And so, in dying, father imprisoned us both, unsure from which of us the blow had come. (crazy laughter)

I swear to you, what I say is the truth. Release me. You must release me! My brother is a deceitful liar and deserves punishment. I only wish vengeance for my dear Father's wrongful murder. Believe me.

You must only recover one additional page to release me from this prison. It is the easiest to find.

Go to the bookshelf that is in this library. On the far right side of the middle shelf, there is a burned book which is different from the other burnt books; this book is filled with patterns. Find pattern 158. Mimic it's design on the panel in the fireplace. Doing this will bring you to the last blue page.

Remember, don't take the red page. Take only the blue page and return it quickly to me.

And do not touch the green book! It is a clever trap to imprison those who have not been warned. (crazy laughter) Do not be tempted: for you will rot and die, imprisoned as I am.

I tell you (static) if you follow my instructions it will be well worth your while. I promise you that. Go. Go.

Sirrus wrote:
Ah...(sigh) You've finally returned. I owe you a debt of gratitude, for you have nearly released me. My name is Sirrus. I trust that, from your explorations, you've become convinced that my wicked brother, Achenar, is guilty and I am innocent. It is I who am wrongly imprisoned here; imprisoned by my father.

I don't know who you are or how you came to this island, but I assume you must at least know something of the books. It was father who was a master of the books. He wrote hundreds of them, all describing and linking to the fantastic places and ages he had discovered. The room in which you now stand was our father's library. It was here, in this room, on this island named Myst, that he housed most of these books.

But such a waste. (static) By now you have surely already discovered that Achenar has burnt and mutilated most of these books. Why? (said with a deep sigh)

Our father was always watchful of our explorations. We grew up under his strict supervision. But when we came of age, he gave us unbridled access to the Myst books. He began to leave our adventures more and more unchecked. Unsupervised as we were, my brother began to become disturbed. He began to take more from the Myst Ages than he had given. Soon he gained a twisted pleasure from the conquest and destruction of the other ages. It was horrific - this thirst for the destruction. But alas, even I discovered his insanity too late. He had completely destroyed all the Myst ages but four.

I wasted no time in warning my father. I thought he would recognize Achenar's guilt. But in a fit of rage he imprisoned both my brother and myself within the pages of these books, designed to hold us until he could judge which of us was guilty.

To discover the truth, our father embarked on one final journey. However, he has never returned. I can only assume that he perished along the way, leaving me, an innocent victim, entrapped forever. (static) But now you are here to release me. Listen carefully. You must find one more page and I will be forever free.

There is a book on the shelves in this library which is mostly burnt but has a few pages still intact. It is the last book on the middle shelf. Find it.

This book is filled with a variety of patterns. Find pattern 158, and recreate it on the door of the fireplace. This will bring you to the last red page. Bring that page to me and I will finally be released, and able to reward you, of course.

Ignore the blue page. That page finishes my brother's book. It chills me to even think what would happen if you were to release him. (static)

There is another warning. Where the red and blue pages reside, also resides a green book. If you touch the green book you also will be imprisoned forever. Our father gave us this same warning long ago. I suggest you follow his advice.

Go now. Soon we will meet face to face.

I hope that helps you! :) Tip: as it will soon be all about choices, it's good to have a bookmark right now. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:54 am 

I am aware of four possible endings. (Two are very similar)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Be sure to save the game before proceding. That way you can try all four endings.

"Laugh it up, Chuckles" -- Space Ghost to Rand Miller; MOUL KI #38615, Mulligan KI #37069, MOULa2.0 #130257

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]