It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:10 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next

What weekend of the month should the Fair be held?
First Weekend (Second Weekend as Raindate) 73%  73%  [ 67 ]
Second Weekend (Third Weekend as Raindate) 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Third Weekend (Fourth Weekend as Raindate) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Fourth Weekend (First Weekend of Next Month as Raindate) 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 pm 

This sounds a bit like GoMe is managing everything here LOL XD
I just want to make clear that GoMe is not. This Fairs are a joint effort of all the Guilds and Groups, so don't feel like you have to ask to us for organizing something for the Guilds Fair. I'm just tring to not let this nice event fade away. It's just a coincidence that I'm in the GoMe; and a luck because I can use GoMe's News channels to advertize the event ^^

Just post here and everyone will be able to see your proposals/ideas and we all can decide how to lead this Event :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 am 

Heh, wasn't saying that Leonardo. The survey is mostly for me, I just want to make sure that, since this is a group effort, this gets back to the GoMe and the All Guilds Meeting so that everyone gets an idea of what explorers are saying about the fair as a whole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:22 pm 

As I mentioned in the announcement above:
The D'ni Musicological Research will perform a Concert for the Kirel Guilds and Groups Fair!! :D
The performer will be Oliver Knowles, who also did some other concerts with the DMR recenty!
The concert will be at 15.00 KITime in Kirel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 pm 

The All Guilds Meeting was a success (as well as the Fair was since about 7am, there ware so many people, and OHBot too)

Here you can download the whole chatlog

We had many groups that wanted to talk, and it lasted almost one hour more than I expected.

Here is a summary:

Guild of Writers: Kaelis has been working on the look of the original Seret to submit his research to RAWA who was interested in that. Probably we will have the real Seret in MOULa.
There has been work on the OfflineKI and on Drizzle and they are still working on the PYPRP2, the new version of the plugin we use for creating ages for Uru with Blender.
Whilyam and some other writers are currently working on creating D'ni Locations for the D'ni Location Contest, which is still going on and will last until the end of August.

Guild of Doorcallers: The Guild of Doorcallers presented itself to the other guilds. This Guild is made specificallt for helping people who need to open the Dein/Tsogahl Doors or for those who enjoy doing those Runs. It does Runs at 11am KITime on Saturdays and Sundays, meeting point is the Tokotah Alley

Guild of Maintainers: The Guild is still quiet althought there are Maintainers Testing some ages. The Writers wanted to point out that the Maintainers should always keep an eye on the GoW Forums because there are WIP ages posted there for Beta Testing which are not posted in the UAM. Also there have been discussions on why there is a Private "Storyline Discussions" subforum on the GoMa Forum; Writers think this is a duplication of efforts (they too have this kind of sub forum) and dissemination of informations and ideas. Maybe GoMa and GoW can coorperate to work together.

Voltigeurs: The Voltigeurs presented themselves to the Guilds. They are a new group and they are the French version of the Skydivers. They create very difficult Marker Quests and they explore places people never think they can reach. Their missions can be requested to Annabell or to any other english-speaking member. You can easily recognize them because their names start with [email protected]

OHB (OHBot, URU BabelBot, KIDirectory and The Guild of Greeters): The developing team for OHBot has grown, now there are also AgeExplorer, who is developing even more OHBot's program with all the suggestions posted on it's forum (it is a subforum at openuru.org), and KaelisEbonrai (hey you have you mind in so many things Kaelis XD) who is an Admin for OHBot and has the power of making him behave. There were a lot of bug fixes (about 17000 OHB said) to OHBot's program, for example he can sing once again.
Uru BabelBot is a new program which sits on the Uru client and replaces your KI so that you can communicate in 14 languages automatically, it translates you in other languages and translates others in your language. There are still some bugs in it, such as even if it supports Italian language and is translated in italian, it won't work for anyone who has an Italian copy of Windows, OHB doesn't know why and will investigae further on this bug. It also has other features such as text-to.speech and OHB have plans for more!
The KIDirectory is the result of merging OHBot's KIDirectory and the KI List maintained by Dekar on the MOUL Forums. Now it is all managed by OHB's softwares which automatically update the post on the MOUL Forums with the informations submitted to OHBot or to the KIDirectory itself.
OHB reported that there was a discussion and even a vote in the Guild of Greeters for deciding if they should allow new memebers in the Guild. The response was positive, new members will be accepted in the Guild of Greeters. There is still no process defined but we are happy that the GoG is alive as always with burocracy

Guild of Peasants: The Guild of Peasant did their presentation to the Guilds. They explained their purpose of Improving the Cavern dwellers, with a philosophical way of thought (called the Life Level System) for avoiding falling in the same errors that led the D'ni to the Fall. They usually meet every Saturday at 15:00 KI time in the Guild of Peasants' Bevin.

Guilds of Messengers: The Messengers are mainly working on bringing back the Newspaper. They have started putting together some ideas for the first issue and they are still looking for more staff members for the Newspaper. They wanted to set some expectetions: it will be more a magazine than a Newspaper this time, with more indepth articles, and interviews etc. then daily news. There will be new Sections like an International Section for the News coming from the non-english communities.
The Cavern Criers are still working in the cavern distributing their materials althought they are really a little number of people.
The rel.to directory (which is a directory which stores an organized list of Myst-related websites) is still maintained by Marten and is looking for a programmer to expand its features. For more informations on the requirements for being the rel.to programmer, or if you want to submit an addition to the rel.to database visit: http://rel.to/suggestions
There was a suggestion from EmorD'niLap to cooperate in some way with TCT for the Newspaper production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for that, Leo =D

I'd like to point out OHB is moving his forums from openuru to the GoW forums..

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewforum.php?f=106 <-- this is the forum here. =)

EDIT: And, indeed, I do have things going on all over that place, I like to help out where I can. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd like to point out as acting Guild Master, that OHB does not have the authority to speak for the guild but only for himself. Also the poll he mentions is one he started and there was no clear majority vote. In addition, this conversation was a private guild matter that he had no business discussing outside of the Guild without specific permission, which he did not even ask for.
The Guild of Greeters currently does not have the proper tools to accept new membership. We are working on ways to determine if we even need it yet. There will be an official announcement when we do.
And I am not a buro! ;) but I am cracy even if I spell it differently!

Quote:
OHB reported that there was a discussion and even a vote in the Guild of Greeters for deciding if they should allow new memebers in the Guild. The response was positive, new members will be accepted in the Guild of Greeters. There is still no process defined but we are happy that the GoG is alive as always with burocracy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:10 pm 

wow. That sounds so formal :lol:
Hey this is still a game after all. Why so much burocracy and formalities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 am 
Obduction Backer

Ja'de wrote:
I'd like to point out as acting Guild Master, that OHB does not have the authority to speak for the guild but only for himself. Also the poll he mentions is one he started and there was no clear majority vote. In addition, this conversation was a private guild matter that he had no business discussing outside of the Guild without specific permission, which he did not even ask for.
The Guild of Greeters currently does not have the proper tools to accept new membership. We are working on ways to determine if we even need it yet. There will be an official announcement when we do.
And I am not a buro! ;) but I am cracy even if I spell it differently!

Quote:

Perhaps then you should turn up at the All Guilds Meetings? As OHB is generally the only greeter that bothers to turn up. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 am 

Ja'de wrote:

Evidently this is not the Guild of Greeters I experienced when I came to Uru who were helpful and kind. Your view of Greeters would appear to be arrogant and tone-deaf. I don't think secret votes to decide (far too late) whether or not your group needs more people (it does) is the way the guilds should be working. I prefer the open, free environment of the Writers, myself. I can't see other reasonable people thinking differently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:02 am 

Whilyam, if you have any qualms with how the Guild of Greeters is operating, take it up with its leaders on their forums or in a private setting. If you have suggestions, place them there.

The Guilds exist to promote cooperation, just as the Guild Fair was meant to do. Saying someone isn't "reasonable" because they choose to do something their own way does not promote cooperation and comes off as insulting.

Kaelis, I've taken into account the fact that the Greeters and Cartographers in particular have had a weak showing at the Guild Fair. For the next fair, I was intending on speaking with people of these guilds both higher up and at the average member level to see if I could prod a few people into making a showing, or at least providing some statement as to the status of the Guilds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
Perhaps then you should turn up at the All Guilds Meetings? As OHB is generally the only greeter that bothers to turn up. =)

Perhaps when any GM is contacted or officially invited I will. It still doesn't change the fact that information from a members only area was dispersed with one persons interpretation and without permission.

Sometimes 'formal' is the way a thing needs to be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:38 am 

Well, it is not possible to go to each single leader of each single group and officially invite them to the Fair or the Meeting. We chose to use this forum and the usual News channels of the Guild of Messengers to invite everyone. I'm sorry if you expected an official invitation, but, well, this wasn't organized with so many formalities.
However you can consider this as an official invitation to the next All Guilds Meetings (and to the Next Fairs). They are usually on the first weekend of each month and we will announce them on these forums, on the GoMe website and in the Cavern with the Cavern Events KImails of the Cavern Criers. And probably this time we will contact people earlier to organize more events
:)

EDIT: btw, I just checked. The GoMe-GoG Liaison should have posted all the informations about the All Guilds Meeting in your private sections the first time we organized the meeting. I don't know which words she used but that was intended to be an invite :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
How the Greeters manage their guild is their business. They've been doing it for umpteen years now, long before any other guilds existed. If it wasn't working for them, I'm sure they'd be out of business by now.

Leonardo wrote:
The GoMe-GoG Liaison should have posted all the informations about the All Guilds Meeting in your private sections the first time we organized the meeting.

Just for the record, I did do my duty as the GoMe Liaison to the GoG and posted the following in the GoG's Guild Operations & Feedback section:

[spoiler=Notice of Poll]
Apr 5 2010, 06:02 PM, Tai'lahr wrote:
Hi everyone,

Because the recent Kirel Guilds Fair was so sucessful, the organizers are now interested in making this a monthly event and have started a poll to determine the best weekend to hold it.

Please check out the Monthly Kirel Guild & Group Fair thread to vote and comment.

There has also been some discussion about re-introducing the All Guilds Meeting and the same thread would be the appropriate place to comment on that as well.

Shorah,
Tai'lahr
GoMe Liaison to the GoG
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Announcement of May event]
Apr 26 2010, 04:12 PM, Tai'lahr wrote:
Update from the GoMe as of April 26, 2010
After the successful Guilds Fair Weekend organized by Marcus Wheeler in March, it was decided to make it a recurring event for the Guilds and Groups to keep in touch with the whole community. All the Guilds and Groups are invited to attend Kirel on the first weekend of each month to share information with all the Myst Community, recruit interested people and let everyone know what you're up to. The event is open to everyone and we hope to see as many people as possible in Kirel seeking information. The weekend event will be postponed if it coincides with an International Holiday or if there are server problems in MOULa. We hope to see you all there!

D'ni Location: Kirel
Date of the event: May 1, 2010 (All day) - May 2, 2010 (All day)
More information at the Guild of Messengers website

Also, during this month's fair, on Saturday, at 13.00 KI Time, there will be an All Guilds Meeting for all the guilds and groups to discuss among them about what they are doing, organize projects and generally have a moment to share information and opinions on the Guilds work.
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:44 pm 

Ja'de wrote:
Perhaps when any GM is contacted or officially invited I will. It still doesn't change the fact that information from a members only area was dispersed with one persons interpretation and without permission.

Sometimes 'formal' is the way a thing needs to be done.

So, since Tai'lahr did this, what's your next excuse? Should people hand-deliver a golden envelope to you or what? All the other Guilds (except Cartographers which doesn't seem to exist now) have people at these meetings. It's really easy: You show up. You don't go whining you weren't "officially" invited.

The other part is that you don't have gentleman's club-esque member's-only areas which the unclean cannot hear about.

As for their practices, Tai'lahr simply because they're old doesn't mean they know what they're doing. I think if they can't tell a mostly-empty GoG hood means they need more people, it's time they got more sensible leadership. There's obviously a process that the GoG needs to go through to approve members, but if they're actually debating whether they need more Greeters, I think something is seriously wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:05 pm 

It appears that GoG-bashing is back in season by those who have every right to an opinion but no right to tell anyone else how to run their organization.

How about starting another thread to spout nonsense about the GoG and get back to the topic?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 40  Next