It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next

What weekend of the month should the Fair be held?
First Weekend (Second Weekend as Raindate) 73%  73%  [ 67 ]
Second Weekend (Third Weekend as Raindate) 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Third Weekend (Fourth Weekend as Raindate) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
Fourth Weekend (First Weekend of Next Month as Raindate) 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 92
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:07 pm 

Quote:
Whilyam, if you have any qualms with how the Guild of Greeters is operating, take it up with its leaders on their forums or in a private setting. If you have suggestions, place them there.

The Guilds exist to promote cooperation, just as the Guild Fair was meant to do. Saying someone isn't "reasonable" because they choose to do something their own way does not promote cooperation and comes off as insulting.

Kaelis, I've taken into account the fact that the Greeters and Cartographers in particular have had a weak showing at the Guild Fair. For the next fair, I was intending on speaking with people of these guilds both higher up and at the average member level to see if I could prod a few people into making a showing, or at least providing some statement as to the status of the Guilds.

Please, this topic is for organizing the Guilds Fair, not to discuss what the GoG should do. This is not the place nor the right people to talk with.
Whil, you really like instigating people, don't you? :lol:

EDIT: didn't see the post of johnsojc.

Last edited by Leonardo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm 

It's only instigating when people are violently against listening to others, as the GoG's responses seem to me to exemplify. Likewise with the GoMa responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:49 pm 

Whilyam wrote:
It's only instigating when people are violently against listening to others, as the GoG's responses seem to me to exemplify. Likewise with the GoMa responses.

Please note:

Marcus Wheeler is a member of the GoMa but is not one of it's leaders, nor does he speak directly for the GoMa at this time.
Any responses that he makes to you, or anyone else here is his own personal response.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:19 pm 

Please, let me just say... to all those who - like me - could not attend the All Guilds Meeting: it's well worth reading Leonardo's full chatlog (linked here). You'll gain great insight on what's happening in the Cavern on an "anthropological" level. ;-)

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:47 pm 

I finally got done reading through the Chat Log of the Guild Fair from yesterday. I apologize for not attending, as I was up to my arm pits in trying to get my Age Neolbah done for a new release.

Marcus is one of our newer members and has a fantastic attitude about MOUL:a and our Guilds in Uru. He's very enthusiastic and wants everyone to be involved in something, be it guilds or just something and have fun.

Unfortunately he put out incorrect information:

1) The GoMa has ALWAYS had a "Storyline" subforum under our "Projects" part of our forum, and it is open to ALL. ANYONE can read it, and any registered user can post in it. No one has to have special permission to access those forums there.

2) There are some "private" forums that are in there, private at the request of people that wanted a space to work at that is not public. Several people from the GoW and other places out there in the community (including "Whilyam" ) have used this service that we provide in the past and presently. This still stands. If anyone out here in the community would like a private place to work either by themselves or with a group, the GoMa is more than happy to provide private space on our forum. I'm at the forum every single day, and have admin control. I can put your request into effect within a day or less.

3) Marcus should have told people that Jadawin12 has an on going storyline project and that if people wanted to help or get involved with it, that they could PM him over at the GoMa forum, or over at the GoW forum.

4) While I agree that "Storylines" can be a great part of the GoW (it is after all a "Writers" Guild), there is nothing keeping anyone who wants to have their project elsewhere, where ever that maybe.

5) The GoMa has never had, nor presently have any intentions of trying to become the GoW or interfere with the GoW.

6) The tutorials that I write and post over at the GoMa forum are done so because:
a) I firmly believe that information on the subject should not be contained only in one place in case something horrible should happen. I have copies of all my tutorials not only at the GoMa forum, but at a back up website that I can put online in a moments notice if anything were to happen to them or the GoW Wiki. That way the hours and hours of work and information are safe and available to everyone and not lost forever.
b) I have mod and admin control of the GoMa forum (as do others), and this allows me to move and tailor the tutorials easily over there.
c) I HATE Wiki format.
d) I have been asked, and have told people: Yes, absolutely! About making copies of my tutorials and placing them on the GoW Wiki. So far, all anyone wants to do is put a link in, heh.

I apologize for Marcus information at the meeting yesterday being incorrect (I guess I need to start being there at those meetings instead of working on Ages and Tutorials), and for not being able to handle some of the "questions" and "statements" that were thrown at him. I'm sure that he would have presented his information better had he known what was correct and what was incorrect. As I said, Marcus is new to the scene, and is still learning the ropes (like how to handle being heckled at a Guilds Meeting). Now that he's got some experience of that, I'm sure he'll do better next time.

I'll make sure I'm at the next meeting too.

My Tutorials

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Ja'de wrote:
I'd like to point out as acting Guild Master, that OHB does not have the authority to speak for the guild but only for himself. Also the poll he mentions is one he started and there was no clear majority vote. In addition, this conversation was a private guild matter that he had no business discussing outside of the Guild without specific permission, which he did not even ask for.
The Guild of Greeters currently does not have the proper tools to accept new membership. We are working on ways to determine if we even need it yet. There will be an official announcement when we do.

Sounds to me like that condenses to: "OHB mis-spoke". And, if that's the case, I apologize to everyone - I must have mis-read Ja'de post over @ the GoG. My bad. Woops. Problem solved.

Although next time, Ja'de, let me know in private so I can have my facts corrected as necessary and issue a public retraction/apology as necessary. Let's keep guild business in the guild. :)

Quote:
And I am not a buro! ;) but I am cracy even if I spell it differently!

Spell which differently? Burro or Crazy?

P.S. I am now returning to my week-long mostly-internet-free vacation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:54 am 

Ja'de wrote:
I'd like to point out as acting Guild Master, that OHB does not have the authority to speak for the guild but only for himself. Also the poll he mentions is one he started and there was no clear majority vote. In addition, this conversation was a private guild matter that he had no business discussing outside of the Guild without specific permission, which he did not even ask for.
The Guild of Greeters currently does not have the proper tools to accept new membership. We are working on ways to determine if we even need it yet. There will be an official announcement when we do.
And I am not a buro! ;) but I am cracy even if I spell it differently!

What private guild matters were being discussed. OHB gave a general outline of the progress of the GOG. If you had read the chat log or showed up you would have seen that. What was he supposed to say? He was the only representative from the GOG at the meeting. Are you seriously going to get mad at him just for giving an update of progress in GOG. I don't see any valid argument in here at all. Its not fair to toss around accusations at people without even coming up with a valid reason for doing so. If there was anything you wanted to add to what he said you could have simply done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 am 
Obduction Backer

The problem comes when a misinterpreted/mistaken "general outline of the progress of the GOG" results in erroneous synopsis/information being publically posted for the inevitable propagation of aforementioned errors...

IMHO: A general statement of progress would have been something more along the lines of "I can't speak for the Guild, as a whole, but the issue of reinstating Greeter applications is currently under Guild discussion and any announcements about it will be made by the GM's."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's MY opinion, only, though. I don't profess to speak for the whole GoG....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:02 pm 

Well imho I think a simple correction would have done fine. The purpose of the entire meeting is to give everyone updates on progress and answer questions about each of the guilds and groups. Since OHB was the only Greeter there he was asked to speak on behalf of his Guild. If it was any other Greeter they would have been asked to do the same.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Guild Fair/All Guild Meeting is usually the first Saturday of the month. Next month that's August 7th - which is during Mysterium.

Has anyone given this any thought? Perhaps this is a reason to use the raindate?

I don't know about the rest of you...but I'd like to attend the meeting and spew my normal nonsense...but I'll be at Mysterium hopefully doing something extremely fun.

Plus...I might even have an announcement to make...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Actually I think it would be nice if there was a cavern event going on during Mysterium for people who decide to peak into the cavern from there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:02 pm 

We could have both a RL Guilds Fair and an virtual one! XD :lol:
But I see the difficulties of creating a bridge between the two LOL. Probably it's best to use the rain date this time (so going to August 14th-15th) and...uhm...maybe you can have an All Guilds Meeting at Mysterium XD

Before doing anything we may want to hear from Marcus Wheeler first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Any update on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:35 pm 

No updates from Marcus.
Well, there isn't much time left so I guess we have to make a decision.
I agree with OHB and I think that it's better if we postpone the Guilds Fair and the All Guilds Meeting to the 14-15 weekend. Any o(h)bjection? (LOL sorry couldn't resist)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:01 am 
Obduction Backer

I know I'd like that better because my weekend is going to be busy here at home, plus I'm having surgery on Wed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 40  Next